Unimpressed so Far

blue knights

Reaction score
That's right ... we only got 3 pts off 3 turnovers against our toughest rival and still won!

and the one turnover where dallas took over at their own 5 is taking 3 and possibly 7 points off the board for the giants. that makes it a little better only scoring the 3 points off the 3 turnovers

btcutter

Reaction score
Let's hope you do. I'm perfectly happy to have days after like this, in which overly pessimistic posters flail about for tenuous reasons to gnash and wail. I'd much rather that than to deal with overly optimistic posters explain away losses.

absolutely! too many time last season we were on the other ends of the W-L situation ( last yr G game when Dez had his finger out of bounds) and we says how close we were and what it could have been if only .......xxx.....xxx..... I rather have a W than a L doesn't matter how they come.

khiladi

Reaction score
Some of you need to try 3-dimensional thinking...perhaps explore real analysis. I know it's not fair for you to rise to Adam's level...but c'mon!

All turnovers are not created equal. There are "take-aways" and there are flat "give-aways." Sometimes a defense is creating a turnover and sometimes they are merely scooping up what the opposing team is giving.

Romo's interception where Terrence ran the wrong route? That was a give-away. The New York D did nothing special to merit that one. And similarly at least half of the Giant turnovers were not of the category we should rightly dub "Take-Aways." They were gifts by the Giants or flukes.

That was an exceptionally poorly played game. A lot of it I suspect was early game jitters that seemed to gain a momentum of its own. But neither team is going anywhere it they don't play much better football.

Escobar also fell on one route, I believe on single coverage...

starfrombirth

Reaction score
so you don't call a tipped pass as - lucky - come on man

No... Eli was rushed and was lucky to get it out of his hand before he was sacked. The RB was lucky to get even a hand on it... See what I did there?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
by the way there was a couple of dropped interceptions by us last night as well. The giants were LUCKY we didn't have more turnovers.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So why didn't they?

You see, that is where the concern lies.

Six turn overs....well done.

Not turning them into 30 points....hmmmmmm.

Because the offense sucked. Plain and simple. The offense will get better just like the defense will. Its the same players but its different schemes. Its going to take time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No... Eli was rushed and was lucky to get it out of his hand before he was sacked. The RB was lucky to get even a hand on it... See what I did there?

I agree also the fact Dallas was lined up in blitz and Lee called it off so the coverage changed as well.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
I think last night would have looked a lot better for Dallas if 83 didn't have whatever jitters were causing his issues. It makes me wonder on how many plays Romo felt like he had one fewer option, though he did end up going back to Williams.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Because the offense sucked. Plain and simple. The offense will get better just like the defense will. Its the same players but its different schemes. Its going to take time.

I don't know if the offense will get better.

If teams play conservative defense against us we will consistently self destruct unless something dramatically changes.

I have multiple seasons of evidence as proof. I don't need to wait and see.

The quickest fix I see is

1. An effective running game - Easily the quickest fix and will even make a crappy scheme like ours work.

2. Not waiting for the defense and everyone else to get perfectly lined up and ready pre-snap and actually play with some urgency and tempo.

3.Throw in some formations that will get our amazing talent at receiver open instead of running him off into double coverage and just conceding to what the defense gives us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know if the offense will get better.

If teams play conservative defense against us we will consistently self destruct unless something dramatically changes.

I have multiple seasons of evidence as proof. I don't need to wait and see.

The quickest fix I see is

1. An effective running game - Easily the quickest fix and will even make a crappy scheme like ours work.

2. Not waiting for the defense and everyone else to get perfectly lined up and ready pre-snap and actually play with some urgency and tempo.

3.Throw in some formations that will get our amazing talent at receiver open instead of running him off into double coverage and just conceding to what the defense gives us.

If teams are going to play conservative they need to be more aggressive. Yesterday's gameplan wasn't aggressive AT ALL and i'd be very dissapointed to see us not play more aggressive as the season goes on.

And it depends on why you think this offense isn't good. If its personnel? Then you may not think it will get any better. I tend to believe the personnel is very good and much better than scoring 2 TD's. I believe in years past its been the offensive gameplan and a inept offensive line. I believe the offensive line is better this year and when you have at least a decent offensive line you all of a sudden have enough time to let routes develop. You now have a run game you can mix up with the pass game. It all goes back to the offensive line.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And it depends on why you think this offense isn't good. If its personnel? Then you may not think it will get any better. I tend to believe the personnel is very good and much better than scoring 2 TD's. I believe in years past its been the offensive gameplan and a inept offensive line. I believe the offensive line is better this year and when you have at least a decent offensive line you all of a sudden have enough time to let routes develop. You now have a run game you can mix up with the pass game. It all goes back to the offensive line.

Oh I love the personnel. I think we have the players to run teams off the field.

I just think our schemes and philosophies just put the breaks on our offense.

Too much audibling and too much over thinking with a lack of urgency and pace.

I hate it and wish we weren't stuck in this offensive scheme.

The only thing that could save it, besides fixing the pace of it, is getting the running game going.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oh I love the personnel. I think we have the players to run teams off the field.

I just think our schemes and philosophies just put the breaks on our offense.

Too much audibling and too much over thinking with a lack of urgency and pace.

I hate it and wish we weren't stuck in this offensive scheme.

The only thing that could save it, besides fixing the pace of it, is getting the running game going.

Isn't this the same offensive gameplan we had in 2007 when we were #2 in the league in offense and #2 in points per game? I think what's lacking from 2007 and in recent years was offensive line. It comes down to execution. Every time we have any sort of momentum we either get a penalty or we can't run the football. How many penalties killed our drives yesterday?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Isn't this the same offensive gameplan we had in 2007 when we were #2 in the league in offense and #2 in points per game? I think what's lacking from 2007 and in recent years was offensive line. It comes down to execution. Every time we have any sort of momentum we either get a penalty or we can't run the football. How many penalties killed our drives yesterday?

I don't remember as much audibling and waiting until the last second to run a play. I also remember Romo making, what felt like, an insane amount of conversions on 3rd down that year.

But the real reason we were so successful is because teams were scared to death of Marion Barber.

The Giants played two high safeties all night and challenged us to put drives together without eventually imploding.

It should be interesting this week to see how Peyton attacks the Giants because they will defend him the same way.

Gadfly22

Reaction score
I think one problem with the offense -- which has come up in past years -- is its predictability. I'd like to see more draws, more screens (and not of the "bubble" variety) and less of the stretch run -- unless the current O-line is more agile than past years, when the defense has been able to stop the stretch pretty routinely.

The offense has a ton of talented skill players who should be scaring defenses a lot more than they have in the past few years.