Unpopular football opinions

jwitten82

Reaction score
I hope this thread stays in here, we got a few weeks until training camp, but I want to read some unpopular opinions, whether past or present and doesn't have to be Cowboys only.

So my unpopular opinion is I think Peyton Manning is a bit overrated. People always praised his football intelligence, and when he'd go to the line change plays, etc. But the guy averaged 15 interceptions a season . In 17 seasons started he had only one season where he didn't throw double digit interceptions. He was pretty bad in both playoff runs where his team won the Superbowl and didn't deserve Superbowl MVP in either season.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope this thread stays in here, we got a few weeks until training camp, but I want to read some unpopular opinions, whether past or present and doesn't have to be Cowboys only.

So my unpopular opinion is I think Peyton Manning is a bit overrated. People always praised his football intelligence, and when he'd go to the line change plays, etc. But the guy averaged 15 interceptions a season . In 17 seasons started he had only one season where he didn't throw double digit interceptions. He was pretty bad in both playoff runs where his team won the Superbowl and didn't deserve Superbowl MVP in either season.
I'd say Peyton's brother, Eli was also overrated.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I got one. Christian Ponder was an underrated QB. I was watching the Packers Vikings game from 2013 the other day on NFL Network. The one where AP set the single season rushing record. As well as he played (assisted by an excellent oline), I almost forgot how good Christian Ponder was at times. Some of the balls he was delivering were really good. I'd say he and Kirk Cousins were probably on the same tier, and it's ironic that they QBed the same franchise at certain points (I think Kirk actually succeeded Ponder).

jwitten82

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is a bit of a choker. I thought it was obvious already back in the late 2000's. Dude tends to not play well in high pressure situations.
Yea, crazy part is if he had at least 2 more Superbowls, he'd definitely be a top 3 qb. His td to interception ratio is damn near 5 to 1. Absolutely ridiculous, only thrown 105 interceptions in 17 seasons started

leeblair

Reaction score
I think the NFL has become the new WWF, and most, if not all, games are rigged. Muscle bound athletes are allowed to run up and down the field making plays for the entertainment, but the winners are chosen in a board room and the referees control the outcome.
I think the Dallas/Detroit game was rigged, and Derrick Barnes whiffed on the sack of Dak Prescott for a safety, and the 92 yd touchdown pass was set up to ensure that the fans were in a good mood for Jimmy Johnson's Ring of Honor induction.
I think Dallas was the recipient of at least 4 rigged victories in 2022; the Lions, Colts, Texans, and even the Bears games were all rigged to portray Dallas as an offensive powerhouse with Dak at quarterback because Jerry needed to keep fans hoping.
And I think Taylor Swift is the reason the Kansas City Chiefs went from mediocre to Super Bowl Champions last year.
The NFL wasn't going to miss out on the popularity she brought and the money to be made off of gambling.
Travis Kelce could end up being commissioner one day if he marries Swift.

Last edited:

jwitten82

Reaction score
Just the first few posts point out what i’ve been saying for a long time, that this fan base isn’t going to be happy with any QB. Three of the top five all-time greatest QBs including the goat are getting crapped on.
Lol Peyton is not the goat. If you look at things objectively, he was a bit overrated. Please dont make this a Dak thread

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And I think anyone dumb enough to bet on the NFL games is betting on what the league will decide is best; not what the teams can/could do.
Another fan who thinks NFL games are fixed. You actually believe KC won the Super Bowl because of Taylor Swift. True story! :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol Peyton is not the goat. If you look at things objectively, he was a bit overrated. Please dont make this a Dak thread
I’m talking about the post where the fan is bashing Tom Brady. Maybe I should’ve said the first several posts instead of few. And by the way, I never mentioned Dak. :rolleyes:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the NFL has become the new WWF, and most, if not all, games are rigged. Muscle bound athletes are allowed to run up and down the field making plays for the entertainment, but the winners are chosen in a board room and the referees control the outcome.
I think the Dallas/Detroit game was rigged, and Derrick Barnes whiffed on the sack of Dak Prescott for a safety, and the 92 yd touchdown pass was set up to ensure that the fans were in a good mood for Jimmy Johnson's Ring of Honor induction.
I think Dallas was the recipient of at least 4 rigged victories in 2022; the Lions, Colts, Texans, and even the Bears games were all rigged to portray Dallas as an offensive powerhouse with Dak at quarterback because Jerry needed to keep fans hoping.
And I think Taylor Swift is the reason the Kansas City Chiefs went from mediocre to Super Bowl Champions last year.
The NFL wasn't going to miss out on the popularity she brought and the money to be made off of gambling.
Travis Kelce could end up being commissioner one day if he marries Swift.
Wow

I mean a knew you were ........ but wow