Unpopular Proposal of the day, only a smart GM would make

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Trade Daron Bland if you can get a #1 + 3rd (at least), His value will never be higher, he was fairly exposed late in the year , and IS NOT #1 CB you pay $20M/yr. I think a combo of J Lewis + another mid-round pick would suffice if Gilmore and Diggs are back.

Give me a stud LB, DT or DE with the pick
I like Bland's ability ballhawk and catch the ball, but 9 INTs / 6 pick sixes are an anamoly. When the pass rush waned, so did he.

He has a couple years left on his rookie deal and my guess is 5-8 teams would line up to make that trade

@Risen Star come at me bro

Mikexike

Reaction score
Trade Daron Bland if you can get a #1 + 3rd (at least), His value will never be higher, he was fairly exposed late in the year , and IS NOT #1 CB you pay $20M/yr. I think a combo of J Lewis + another mid-round pick would suffice if Gilmore and Diggs are back.

I like Bland's ability ballhawk and catch the ball, but 9 INTs / 6 pick sixes are an anamoly. When the pass rush waned, so did he.

He has a couple years left on his rookie deal and my guess is 5-8 teams would line up to make that trade

If you saw him get fairly exposed/ why would any other team trade a 1 & 3? makes no sense. They see the same thing you saw

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
If you saw him get fairly exposed/ why would any other team trade a 1 & 3? makes no sense. They see the same thing you saw
This league place a ridiculous price on CBs. He is more proven than the typical 1st round crap shoot

Bagman

Reaction score

I don't hate the proposal, I just don't think you'll get a 1st for him. Maybe a 2nd or a 3 &4. He's not a complete player yet.

John813

Reaction score
Why this offseason with 2 ELC years to burn?

One thing if you wanted to trade him in year 4 and he is going to hold in/be a distraction(hypothetically), but in year 3 is just crazy. Especially when the team just has Diggs, Scott and Wright signed going into this offseason. Wright has been trash. TBD on Scott. And Diggs is coming off an ACL injury.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Problem is they’d turn around and draft another CB with that first pick the way these guys operate. I would trade Bland for an elite D tackle all day but they don’t value those guys.

Praxit

Reaction score

...I kinda agree on Bland. But given right mentorship and coaching he could be something special.

And could turn into lock down corner. But no guarantees as always. Problem is you just signed Diggs big contract.

Its tough one for sure. But possible trade for good LB's. Would be good counter.

Ken

Reaction score
Bland was exposed huh? I don't understand where people come up with this stuff...

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
While I agree with you I’m not convinced that bland is anywhere near the player the numbers suggest I’m not ready to move on just yet.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't know how to react to this because threats of violence aren't allowed here.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He is not Surtain, Ramsey or Sauce, He won't warrant a 1st from any team.
He's is absolutely warrants a 1st.

DaRon Bland in 2023:
1st team all-pro
48 Receptions Allowed
89 Targets
53% Completion %
689 Yards Allowed
3 Touchdowns Allowed
9 Interceptions
6 Pass Break Ups
50.9 Passer Rating Allowed
5 Pick 6’s (NFL Record)
89.9 Coverage Grade (3rd in NFL)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether you're for this or not, moves like this require real GMing. Maximizing the value on your roster.

Jerry's not capable of it. Neither is his son. They are completely oblivious to it, actually. It's just fun to run an NFL team.

Mikexike

Reaction score
He's is absolutely warrants a 1st.

DaRon Bland in 2023:
1st team all-pro
48 Receptions Allowed
89 Targets
53% Completion %
689 Yards Allowed
3 Touchdowns Allowed
9 Interceptions
6 Pass Break Ups
50.9 Passer Rating Allowed
5 Pick 6’s (NFL Record)
89.9 Coverage Grade (3rd in NFL)
Stats don't mean anything to me. You can't leave this guy on an island....That's the problem why he doesn't warrant a 1st.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Stats don't mean anything to me. You can't leave this guy on an island....That's the problem why he doesn't warrant a 1st.
Well, stats matter to people who matter--like the GMs who have draft picks to trade.

Bland was on an island most of the season. He had a couple bad games--one of which when the entire defensive scheme changed.