Unpopular Proposal of the day, only a smart GM would make

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Bland has had two good seasons. Hes not untouchable I just think he funny you want to get rid of him for his flaws and think someone will give you a first and a third for someone you don’t think is that good. And then you trust Jerry to get someone as good in the draft? It’s just bogus lol.
Im not saying he is a bad corner, but he isnt a #1. This year, the players, AP, Coaches all have him as 1st team All-Pro. It is simply maximizing return as odds are he wont see that value again.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
This is silly. You get LUCKY and find Bland....and you are pushing your luck more to think you can find a "stud" LB or T OR DE with the pick you get for him.

Bland is an asset. He's young and he's on a rookie deal and it's cheap. He was not "exposed". He got beat at times like all corners do.

Ramsey got a 1st and a 3rd traded for him in his prime...you not getting that for Bland.
Got it. Got you squarely in the "Never Trade good players on Rookie deals" camp. Wait until they are FA and over pay or get a 4th round comp

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im not saying he is a bad corner, but he isnt a #1. This year, the players, AP, Coaches all have him as 1st team All-Pro. It is simply maximizing return as odds are he wont see that value again.
Why on earth would anyone give you a 1st and 3rd for someone you don't think is a #1?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Got it. Got you squarely in the "Never Trade good players on Rookie deals" camp. Wait until they are FA and over pay or get a 4th round comp
Tell you what so you don't have to "assume" or make a fool of yourself trying to figure out what "camp" I'm let me tel you. I like to follow other teams models of success. Contenders don't trade All Pro's on a rookie deal that are assets to your team. It would make more sense to trade Diggs. But to trade someone on a favorable rookie deal is a big no no.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone give you a 1st and 3rd for someone you don't think is a #1?
Not sure what you dont get.

Party #1: Sees a a young starting CB who made All-Pro with 2 years reamaing on rookie deal. Team has a bottom quartile pass defense, good offense with decent weapons was near or in the playoffs (Cincy, Houston, Chargers, Jags, etc).

Party #2: Has a #1CB signed, Has a Top pass rusher, needs to fill holes in DT, LB, OL and RB

I didnt think Jamal Adams was was worth 2 #1s as a safety, yet that was the haul.
Dolphins got a #1 for Minkah Fitzpatrick and turned it into a starting LT Autin Jackson now on his second contract.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Tell you what so you don't have to "assume" or make a fool of yourself trying to figure out what "camp" I'm let me tel you. I like to follow other teams models of success. Contenders don't trade All Pro's on a rookie deal that are assets to your team. It would make more sense to trade Diggs. But to trade someone on a favorable rookie deal is a big no no.
I guess the Ravens arent a winning organization after they traded Orlando Brown and Hollywood Brown on their rookie contracts. Trade the guy with the albatross contract for a fifth like Cooper. #Winning

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I guess the Ravens arent a winning organization after they traded Orlando Brown and Hollywood Brown on their rookie contracts. Trade the guy with the albatross contract for a fifth like Cooper. #Winning
Former Ravens wide receiver Marquise “Hollywood” Brown said his unhappiness with his role in the team's offense led him to seek a trade this offseason. Brown, who was dealt to the Cardinals on Thursday along with a fourth-round draft pick for Arizona's No.
His friends were there. It was a perfect situation for him, other than that he wanted to play left tackle. "But to do those things his dad wanted him to do, the things he told his dad he was going to do, he was going to have to leave." Brown requested the Ravens trade him to a team willing to play him on the left side.

Both guys ASKED to be traded. If Bland asks to be traded sure trade him. All for it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure what you dont get.

Party #1: Sees a a young starting CB who made All-Pro with 2 years reamaing on rookie deal. Team has a bottom quartile pass defense, good offense with decent weapons was near or in the playoffs (Cincy, Houston, Chargers, Jags, etc).

Party #2: Has a #1CB signed, Has a Top pass rusher, needs to fill holes in DT, LB, OL and RB

I didnt think Jamal Adams was was worth 2 #1s as a safety, yet that was the haul.
Dolphins got a #1 for Minkah Fitzpatrick and turned it into a starting LT Autin Jackson now on his second contract.
So basically you think you are smart enough to know Bland isn't a #1 but other teams are too stupid to know this?

Adams and Finzpatrick were not only top 13 picks in the draft but they were the best safeties in the league. They are not what you are accusing Bland of being.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Former Ravens wide receiver Marquise “Hollywood” Brown said his unhappiness with his role in the team's offense led him to seek a trade this offseason. Brown, who was dealt to the Cardinals on Thursday along with a fourth-round draft pick for Arizona's No.
His friends were there. It was a perfect situation for him, other than that he wanted to play left tackle. "But to do those things his dad wanted him to do, the things he told his dad he was going to do, he was going to have to leave." Brown requested the Ravens trade him to a team willing to play him on the left side.

Both guys ASKED to be traded. If Bland asks to be traded sure trade him. All for it.
Yup. push those goalposts

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
So basically you think you are smart enough to know Bland isn't a #1 but other teams are too stupid to know this?

Adams and Finzpatrick were not only top 13 picks in the draft but they were the best safeties in the league. They are not what you are accusing Bland of being.
Seattle gave 2 #1s and a 3rd for a Safety chasing Earl Thomas.
Yeah, I can say I would never have made that trade and did so when it happened.
Lets revese it, Jerry Trades 2 #1s for Anoine Winfield Jr. You all in that because "derp GM smarts"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Seattle gave 2 #1s and a 3rd for a Safety chasing Earl Thomas.
Yeah, I can say I would never have made that trade and did so when it happened.
Lets revese it, Jerry Trades 2 #1s for Anoine Winfield Jr. You all in that because "derp GM smarts"
You’re not understanding what I’m saying but it’s ok. I think you don’t want to and that’s fine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yea. you said Bland was Trash. Probbaly would feel lucky if you could get a 7th then. FFS
Where did I say Bland was trash? Are you ok? Did you forget you just accuse me of him being an untouchable now you are accusing me of saying he’s trash?