Unpopular Proposal of the day, only a smart GM would make

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you saw him get fairly exposed/ why would any other team trade a 1 & 3? makes no sense. They see the same thing you saw
One of my biggest pet peeves is guys on this site thinking they are smart enough to see flaws in someone but think other GM's aren't and will give a 1st and 3rd for him lol. Unbelievable lol.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trade Daron Bland if you can get a #1 + 3rd (at least), His value will never be higher, he was fairly exposed late in the year , and IS NOT #1 CB you pay $20M/yr. I think a combo of J Lewis + another mid-round pick would suffice if Gilmore and Diggs are back.

Give me a stud LB, DT or DE with the pick
I like Bland's ability ballhawk and catch the ball, but 9 INTs / 6 pick sixes are an anamoly. When the pass rush waned, so did he.

He has a couple years left on his rookie deal and my guess is 5-8 teams would line up to make that trade

@Risen Star come at me bro
The #3 by itself is probably about the extent they could get, and the rookie contract pay is worth something for the Cowboys to keep

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep in mind Bland was a turnover making machine his rookie year as well when he got on the field. It's not like you can chalk up 2023 to a fluke or something. He has legit ball skills. The league will covet that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Trade Daron Bland if you can get a #1 + 3rd (at least), His value will never be higher, he was fairly exposed late in the year , and IS NOT #1 CB you pay $20M/yr. I think a combo of J Lewis + another mid-round pick would suffice if Gilmore and Diggs are back.

I like Bland's ability ballhawk and catch the ball, but 9 INTs / 6 pick sixes are an anamoly. When the pass rush waned, so did he.

He has a couple years left on his rookie deal and my guess is 5-8 teams would line up to make that trade

This is silly. You get LUCKY and find Bland....and you are pushing your luck more to think you can find a "stud" LB or T OR DE with the pick you get for him.

Bland is an asset. He's young and he's on a rookie deal and it's cheap. He was not "exposed". He got beat at times like all corners do.

Ramsey got a 1st and a 3rd traded for him in his prime...you not getting that for Bland.

1942willys

Reaction score
One of my biggest pet peeves is guys on this site thinking they are smart enough to see flaws in someone but think other GM's aren't and will give a 1st and 3rd for him lol. Unbelievable lol.
He is a shiny toy and a fair number of GMs like them.
Dude, he was not a one year wonder as he did pretty good last year so its very possible we could get a first for the guy that set an NFL record

Mr_437

Reaction score
Problem is you leave your own team in a poor situation trying to be cute.
Diggs - coming off ACL
Gilmore - UFA
Lewis - UFA
Wright - trash
Scott - trash
Dallas would have to sign or draft 2 CBs to replace Bland because he can play the slot CB or Outside CB. Sign a vet, he's going to cost more than Bland. Sign JLew, you'll still need another backup slot CB + a starter outside...Sign Gilmore the opposite.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He is a shiny toy and a fair number of GMs like them.
Dude, he was not a one year wonder as he did pretty good last year so its very possible we could get a first for the guy that set an NFL record
I never said he was a one year wonder. My post had nothing to do with how bad or good Bland was. My post was about people thinking they think a player sucks and want a team to trade a 1st for a player they think sucks.

1942willys

Reaction score
I never said he was a one year wonder. My post had nothing to do with how bad or good Bland was. My post was about people thinking they think a player sucks and want a team to trade a 1st for a player they think sucks.
ever heard of the saying one mans trash is another mans treasure?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You’re not going to get a #1 and a #3 for Bland because he’s not an elite shutdown corner. He had a great year with an NFL record 6 pick-sixes but he was exposed later in the season especially against Seattle. Besides it would be stupid to trade him with Gilmore aging and possibly not being back. We don’t need to be weakening one area to try and strengthen another. It’s not a smart approach to try and fix one problem and end up adding another. Diggs is coming off an ACL and it may take a season for him to return to form. We need to keep our secondary intact.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I love it. You build through the draft and once the player develops everyone wants to trade that player away, unbelievable. You guys are special.
yea. no successful team ever does it. rinse and repeat your beloved GM

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
my pet peeve is everyone thinks if dallas drafted someone and they had a few good games they are untouchable.

and let's not get into who could construct better winning rosters than Jerry.

He drafted 1 1st round QB in his life and never higher than a 4th since.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
and you can check the record, I and about 2 others on here were all in on Parsons over Sutain and Horn because "CBs are worth more" to 95% of the board because the read it somewhere

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
This is silly. You get LUCKY and find Bland....and you are pushing your luck more to think you can find a "stud" LB or T OR DE with the pick you get for him.

Bland is an asset. He's young and he's on a rookie deal and it's cheap. He was not "exposed". He got beat at times like all corners do.

Ramsey got a 1st and a 3rd traded for him in his prime...you not getting that for Bland.
right... keep all assets pay a other CB 20m per yr along with Diggs, and a 60m qb and a 30m DE and a 28m WR.

sounds like SB.

the best teams fill weakness when asset prices are inflated.

Bland will never have higher trade value than now

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
my pet peeve is everyone thinks if dallas drafted someone and they had a few good games they are untouchable.

and let's not get into who could construct better winning rosters than Jerry.

He drafted 1 1st round QB in his life and never higher than a 4th since.
Bland has had two good seasons. Hes not untouchable I just think he funny you want to get rid of him for his flaws and think someone will give you a first and a third for someone you don’t think is that good. And then you trust Jerry to get someone as good in the draft? It’s just bogus lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
right... keep all assets pay a other CB 20m per yr along with Diggs, and a 60m qb and a 30m DE and a 28m WR.

sounds like SB.

the best teams fill weakness when asset prices are inflated.

Bland will never have higher trade value than now
Best teams keep their best players who are under rookie deals lol….

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
And both of those players won superbowls and the teams that traded them didn't? Was that your point?
so people do trade for CBs, then?

and Seattle got Jamal Adams for 2 1st round picks, so forgive me if this "no GM would do it" and "fans think they are smarter than a GM" is comical.

there is always someone out there who will trade for good players on rookie contracts

you just don't see it because this team never does it as it just figures a way to over pay and trade underperformed veys for 6th round picks