Unsung Player that you miss

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
what cowboys player(s) did you feel were under appreciated & you miss them / wish they were on the current team

for me it’s anthony spencer — this guy was solid as a rock on the weak side & never really got his full due for being a cornerstone on some good defenses

some other honorable mentions — marion barber, terence newman & darren woodson (not necessarily unsung but damn we miss him)

With the roster we have now?
Barry Church

RoboQB

Reaction score
The OP selects "Almost Anthony" Spencer!?!... lol.

When he wasn't sitting at home living off the frachise designation for two seasons,
Spencer led the league in "almost" actually making plays. Missed sacks. Failure to
set the edge. Nearly making up for poor technique.

I don't see him as unsung. More of a bust due to injury. I know he had a short stretch
before the microfracture surgery. I remember one of the big draft pundits picked Spencer
to win defensive ROY.

But I do appreciate the thread idea so I'll be sure to go back and hit "like".

I guess Bill Bates is too easy to pick. My selection is Charlie Waters.
Tip of the cap to the poster who mentioned Cliff Harris. I'm not sure he
fits the criteria. I mean, the guy should be in the HOF. The mention of Harris
reminded me of Waters.

By the way, Harris and Waters published a book together a while ago. A long while ago. (lol)
Any Cowboys fan over 45 should probably have it in their library.

GenoT

Reaction score
He’s not exactly unsung, but definitely unappreciated. I’m not a Romoholic by any means, but Tony gets my vote.

All else on the team being equal, I’d like to have seen prime Romo with a RB like Zeke for multiple seasons.

TR’s one season with career-year D Murray was his best ever, in terms of efficiency.

Last edited:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
what cowboys player(s) did you feel were under appreciated & you miss them / wish they were on the current team

for me it’s anthony spencer — this guy was solid as a rock on the weak side & never really got his full due for being a cornerstone on some good defenses

some other honorable mentions — marion barber, terence newman & darren woodson (not necessarily unsung but damn we miss him)
Russell Maryland.

Isaiah Washington.

Dat Nguyen.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Safety George Teague.

Fast, instinctive, and had a knack for finding the ball, and making big plays. In the 1996 Wild Card playoff win over Minnesota he had the greatest single game I have seen a safety play. He prevented a Vikings TD by forcing a fumble at the goal line, recovered a fumble, and had a pick six....all in the first half.
Man this brings me joy to hear someone appreciate George Teague. Loved him as a player. I don't remember much though. Was too young at the time but he always seemed to be all over the field to me.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Danny White.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Safety George Teague.

Fast, instinctive, and had a knack for finding the ball, and making big plays. In the 1996 Wild Card playoff win over Minnesota he had the greatest single game I have seen a safety play. He prevented a Vikings TD by forcing a fumble at the goal line, recovered a fumble, and had a pick six....all in the first half.
He famousely defended the Star against the 49ers, I recall mates?