Until the Goon is gone as commissioner

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sure I will address it.. as soon as you back it up a couple of frames and show the nice arm extension and push off by Pettigrew that knocked Hitchens off balance and resulted in his reaching for and grabbing the jersey. I had forgotten until I watched it again just now that the facemask was the SECOND penalty committed by Pettigrew on that play. And again, what Hitchens did occurred AFTER he had already been fouled and as such technically never happened.

I've heard some circular talking in my day but you don't foul someone and then have it technically never happen. Lol. Since you won't post the video, I will. It does look like Pettigrew pushes off but you still can't grab a receiver's jersey and you can't push his shoulder while he tries to make a catch which Hitchens clearly does in the second replay video. Clear as day. Hold and PI on Hitchens, push-off/PI on Pettigrew. Offsetting. Re-do.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don’t know if you’ve engaged with this clown yet but based but you’re wasting your time. I like how he uses stats but they’re very selective and he refuses to acknowledge stats that prove him wrong. Based on his post history and amount of posts I’m assuming he’s a fraud OR just straight up delusional.

I now remember this poster from the old Cowboys board. During the Oakland-Dallas game where Gene Steratore used his card to measure our first down, this poster stated he saw that the Cowboys got the first down from his seat before they even measured. He made another post somewhere else about where his seats were at the Coliseum and they were nowhere near where that first down play took place, lol. If you notice, only the CONSPIRACY! posters slant evidence or outright lie to prove their "theories." If you have to do that, you have no solid case to begin with.

MrPhil

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone in their right mind would say Curry wasn't in possession of the ball. I mean he was laying on his back when the ball was ripped away. Terrible call.

I think we lose we anyway but still an awful call.

Agree completely. I work with an Eagles fan who relishes Dallas' current struggles and even he said it was a bad call.

MrPhil

Reaction score
You can leave whatever you want but you still didn't make a point. :muttley:

Let's see how many pages we can get of fans blaming Goodell for Jerry's incompetence. I'll make some popcorn.

Goodell can have it in for Jerry/the Cowboys AND Jerry can be incompetent.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I hate the blame the ref stuff but last not non review of the return was bad snd this is interesting

What I like about this chart is that KC is right next to us. You know, the defending Super Bowl champs and all? Why does Goodell hate them and how did they overcome that to win it all? Lol. I kid, I kid. I also see other yearly contenders in the negative on that chart including New Orleans, the Rams, Baltimore, Seattle.

Maybe this chart helps explain how undisciplined we were during the Garrett years. Didn't people talk about that ad nauseum on these boards and were glad to see all that staff go?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Usually the team tries to hurry a play to avoid a review. Last night the refs were hurrying to avoid that review. "Every scoring play is reviewed" is either a lie, or they just wanted to screw us. Not to mention the defense was offsides on that play, so it shouldn't have even mattered.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
This poster is a MORON ! Of course it was a catch !! That is why the rule has since been REVERSED . Even the league noted they ****ed up . Your not a fan , your an A HOLE !

If I were to ever call someone a moron, I hope I'd at least know the correct usage of "you're" versus "your."

If a rule has "since been reversed" then it wasn't the rule at the time, genius. It only "would be" a catch now. Then, it wasn't and was correctly called. This is the exact type of single-tracked, mouth-breather logic I talk about when I say that 80% of fans didn't even know the rule they were criticizing. Lay off the Kalua Pig.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I've heard some circular talking in my day but you don't foul someone and then have it technically never happen. Lol. Since you won't post the video, I will. It does look like Pettigrew pushes off but you still can't grab a receiver's jersey and you can't push his shoulder while he tries to make a catch which Hitchens clearly does in the second replay video. Clear as day. Hold and PI on Hitchens, push-off/PI on Pettigrew. Offsetting. Re-do.

I don't know how else to explain it to you. Once the offensive player, Pettigrew had committed the foul the play was essentially over. Whatever happened after that point is moot save for a dead ball foul. If it helps then think of when there is a guy covering a punt who gets pushed in the back and then falls into the returner causing him to muff the punt. Even though the coverage guy technically committed the foul, the block in the back takes precedence as it basically caused the ensuing foul. My observation is that Pettigrew pushed off to create separation, Hitchens was knocked off balance by the push and flailed and grabbed the jersey. Hitchens closes on Pettigrew again at which point Pettigrew grabbed Hitchens' facemask, pulled down on it then pushed his head back.. to create separation again. You clearly see Hitch's head snap back from the push to his face. If Pettigrew doesn't push off there is no need for Hitch to grab on because if he is not knocked off balance he was faster than Pettigrew and would have stayed in his hip pocket the whole way. I can only assume that the refs saw all the fouls that took place during the play by both guys and concluded that no call was the right call because the offensive player initiated the contact by pushing off in the first place. What ensued was just guys playing football. Throw in that the ball was underthrown and hit Hitchens in the middle of the back and that about settles it. Nowhere in the rule book does it say the defender has to move aside to allow the ball to get to the receiver. And you hear announcers say it every week.. "As a receiver , if you extend the arm they're gonna call it every time.." Which really means they're gonna call it every time if you play receiver for the Cowboys.. but they will happily overlook it if you play for someone else and especially if you are playing against the Cowboys.

kskboys

Reaction score
You guys really need to go look up what the commissioner is and WHO HE ANSWERS TO and WHO'S BIDDING he's doing. Seriously, this hate you feel for him? If you hate the commish, you've prolly been fooled by a tranny.

plymkr

Reaction score
Agree completely. I work with an Eagles fan who relishes Dallas' current struggles and even he said it was a bad call.
You know it's a bad call when the enemy agrees. I hope MM and Jerry complain to the league about it. Not that the league would care.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I now remember this poster from the old Cowboys board. During the Oakland-Dallas game where Gene Steratore used his card to measure our first down, this poster stated he saw that the Cowboys got the first down from his seat before they even measured. He made another post somewhere else about where his seats were at the Coliseum and they were nowhere near where that first down play took place, lol. If you notice, only the CONSPIRACY! posters slant evidence or outright lie to prove their "theories." If you have to do that, you have no solid case to begin with.

Dude you're delirious. You can make up all the BS stories you like from that game or any game for that matter.. I was at the game.. sitting at about the 25 yard line in the lower bowl. The play in question was on my side of the field at about the 40 yard line. I remember being mad a few minutes later when the long pass to Dez went down to the other side of the field that WASN'T in front of me. I watched the 4th down play live and called it a first down. The only thing that gave me pause was that the official who was running in to mark the ball got bumped off his line by one of the players and never corrected. As a result he spotted the ball at least half a yard shy of where Dak had put it. Were it not for that bump there would have been no need for a measurement as Dak had reached the ball a half a yard beyond the sticks. I watched the measurement through my binoculars, which I never attend a game without, and I could see that Steratore's credit card touch the ball as he swiped it down. That's all that was needed to make the call. I also remember that the famous Jeff Heath FF against Carr occurred back down on my end of the field and I knew THAT ball was going over to us immediately as well. Because that too happened right in front of me. And I have never espoused any conspiracy theory about anything.. I have stated many times that because the Cowboy hate runs so deep throughout the league office there doesn't need to be any. It plays out pretty much every week. The graphic from Mosely on twitter showing the Cowboys at the bottom of the penalty yardage differential pretty much says it all. Any time you suffer more penalty yardage than the Raiders you know you're getting screwed.

khiladi

Reaction score
That was actually a well-disguised and well-timed blitz by JS as an aside.

Praxit

Reaction score
...think Gordy cares? ..lol.. Hell no, this wasn't a Brady Vs Mahomes game. I bet they call a replay on that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not but I agree and I think you're right. Wouldn't surprise me.
We dont need the refs help to not cover,,, Dallas is the only team in the league to not cover in the first 8 games.
Cowboys 0-8 vs the spread.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We dont need the refs help to not cover,,, Dallas is the only team in the league to not cover in the first 8 games.
Cowboys 0-8 vs the spread.

The Cowboys money line as underdogs was 3-1. I'm sure there was a lot of action on Dallas to cover

Mannix

Reaction score
---------Goodell can have it in for Jerry/the Cowboys AND Jerry can be incompetent.

^^^^^^^^^
Perfect

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't know how else to explain it to you. Once the offensive player, Pettigrew had committed the foul the play was essentially over. Whatever happened after that point is moot save for a dead ball foul. If it helps then think of when there is a guy covering a punt who gets pushed in the back and then falls into the returner causing him to muff the punt. Even though the coverage guy technically committed the foul, the block in the back takes precedence as it basically caused the ensuing foul. My observation is that Pettigrew pushed off to create separation, Hitchens was knocked off balance by the push and flailed and grabbed the jersey. Hitchens closes on Pettigrew again at which point Pettigrew grabbed Hitchens' facemask, pulled down on it then pushed his head back.. to create separation again. You clearly see Hitch's head snap back from the push to his face. If Pettigrew doesn't push off there is no need for Hitch to grab on because if he is not knocked off balance he was faster than Pettigrew and would have stayed in his hip pocket the whole way. I can only assume that the refs saw all the fouls that took place during the play by both guys and concluded that no call was the right call because the offensive player initiated the contact by pushing off in the first place. What ensued was just guys playing football. Throw in that the ball was underthrown and hit Hitchens in the middle of the back and that about settles it. Nowhere in the rule book does it say the defender has to move aside to allow the ball to get to the receiver. And you hear announcers say it every week.. "As a receiver , if you extend the arm they're gonna call it every time.." Which really means they're gonna call it every time if you play receiver for the Cowboys.. but they will happily overlook it if you play for someone else and especially if you are playing against the Cowboys.

As I said, the receiver did extend to create separation but that doesn't mean you can pull his jersey or outright tackle him either with the ball thrown that way. Neither can you shove his shoulder like Hitchens clearly did. Video doesn't lie. Pettigrew had already taken his hand off Hitchen's facemask so the excuse that Hitchens touched him because of that is bunk. Pettigrew already has his hands open to catch the pass at that point.

HItch-PI-1.gif