DE D. Lawrence
DT/DE T. Crawford
DT T. Hill
DE/DT D. Armstrong
DE J. Jackson
DT J. Hamilton
DT D. Wise

That's it as of right now.

I don't see sven a candidate for starting RDT.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not so easy to replace what Quinn, Bennett, and Collins brought.

Getting Gregory would be big, but DT is grim. The whiff on Hill hurts. We could draft DT with our first two picks and still be undermanned. Starting quality RDTs don't grow on trees.
That's just pure pessimism. We just acquired Bennett and Quinn last season. They weren't so important that they can't be replaced. It will get done because it has to. As for Collins, :rolleyes: really? You think he was so special? :muttley:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
....and just like that Dallas has lost their #1CB, their #1 sack DE, a starting DT, reserve OT, their #1 TE, their #1 SS, and their #3 WR......so far.

So, based on 2019 stats Dallas just lost these stats from the above players:

DEFENSE

163 Tackles (16% of team total) 15.5 Sacks (40% of team total) 16 PDef's 22 TFL's (29% of team total) 34 QB Hits (38% of team total) 3 Forced Fumbles (23% of team totals)

OFFENSE

118 Catches (30% of team total) 1,357 Yards (28% of team total) 7 Receiving TD's (23% of team total)

Tell me again all those that said the top priority was signing Dak and Cooper how Dallas will stop anyone in 2020?????
We didn't sign them because none of them are worth the money they got.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Where in my post did I attack him? Please point it out. I would like to see it.

I am offering my viewpoint on what he said. I openly admitted that Byron Jones and Quinn will be difficult to replace.

I then said I don’t think it will be hard to replace the others. That still means they need to be replaced, obviously because the cowboys aren’t going to play with 9 men on the field. But I’m arguing that those players production can be replaced by draft picks or other FA’s. Free agency isn’t over yet.

Any player that leaves from a team needs to be replaced. That’s basics. The team needs to field a 53 man roster. The FO needs to identify how to replace them. They still have the draft and a TON of free agents available in the NFL.

Is your name "y'all"?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most of that production—other than the sacks—gets replaced by whichever veteran replacement players we plug into the lineup. We do need to spend a top pick to replace Jones, no matter what we do in free agency. And I’d like to see us sign Anthony Brown if we can get a deal done. Not to worried about the rest of the holes.

Hadenough

Reaction score
These players aren’t gone because of Dak’s contract alone. Only an idiot would believe that. Just being real with you.
Well technically he hasnt signed the franchise tag yet but it's all preparation to that. You see if Dak were that good he wouldnt need first round draft picks across the oline, RB, and WR position. So indirectly Dak affects the cap by needing to have a such a highly paid supporting cast. Anyone that doesnt see that is the real idiot.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Does losing a tackle mean that's now a touchdown, or would that players replacement make that tackle also?

Tackles shouldnt even be a stat. Its ridiculous and tells you nothing.

SSoup

Reaction score
LOL...………..how many whiffed tackles did we lose when Heath got signed?
Shhh. He's trying to pretend players are good by removing their names from the equation and just referring to them as "#1" or "starter."

Never mind that a handful of them are so bad, the team already has superior replacements on the roster. And never mind that the list of losses he's whining about wouldn't look any less damaging if it included "#1 QB" and "#1 WR" like he's advocating for, right?

The people who find themselves sick to their stomach to lose Witten and Heath today, while they openly wish we were losing Dak and Cooper instead, are really telling on themselves if we're being honest.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does losing a tackle mean that's now a touchdown, or would that players replacement make that tackle also?

Tackles shouldnt even be a stat. Its ridiculous and tells you nothing.

Tackles tell you alot. Extremely important stat. The more your dlinemen can make them the better your defense.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Is your name "y'all"?

You responded to me, quoted my post and then said “why are y’all” attacking him.

So when you directly respond to somebody and use the word “y’all” that’s implying the person you’re responding to is part of y’all. That’s how the phrase y’all works.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Well technically he hasnt signed the franchise tag yet but it's all preparation to that. You see if Dak were that good he wouldnt need first round draft picks across the oline, RB, and WR position. So indirectly Dak affects the cap by needing to have a such a highly paid supporting cast. Anyone that doesnt see that is the real idiot.

They had all that stuff before Dak was even the starting QB. Anybody who doesn’t remember that has significant comprehension problems. I suppose you forget that they put this same OL together and drafted Zeke for Romo though.

ondaedg

Reaction score
We already addressed the biggest weakness we had and that was coaching. Things are just heating up.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Not so easy to replace what Quinn, Bennett, and Collins brought.

Getting Gregory would be big, but DT is grim. The whiff on Hill hurts. We could draft DT with our first two picks and still be undermanned. Starting quality RDTs don't grow on trees.

The jury is still out on Hill. He might become a good DT or he might not. He has a good mentor in McCoy. Be patient. Irvin didn't show much until his 4th season. Look how he turned out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
....and just like that Dallas has lost their #1CB, their #1 sack DE, a starting DT, reserve OT, their #1 TE, their #1 SS, and their #3 WR......so far.

So, based on 2019 stats Dallas just lost these stats from the above players:

DEFENSE

163 Tackles (16% of team total) 15.5 Sacks (40% of team total) 16 PDef's 22 TFL's (29% of team total) 34 QB Hits (38% of team total) 3 Forced Fumbles (23% of team totals)

OFFENSE

118 Catches (30% of team total) 1,357 Yards (28% of team total) 7 Receiving TD's (23% of team total)

Tell me again all those that said the top priority was signing Dak and Cooper how Dallas will stop anyone in 2020?????
first off you dont duplicate stats year in and year out it resets , QUinns on his 4th team now , others find him replaceable? Heath as starter wil be easy to replace, Wit was not a true starter, no big loss we signed Jarwin instead, give the kid shot and more signings are coming..

Reserve OT will be taken care of how thats a big issue, im not sure..

Yes BJ could be an issue but trust Nolan and MM to go grab a solid replacement not 16mil for what stats was he putting up in splash plays?

and while you write this McCoy replaces Collins.. how about stop the kneejerk overreactions and lets wait what 6 months until game 1 to start criticizing and playing the no way we win now game.. those players were all part of an 8-8 team, Got it..where were they when we needed one more win in the last 5 games? were they stopping anyone? open your eyes teams play the game yearly with replacing key players..its part of the process, what the flip is so harsh in losing any of those guys other then BJ really..

we have many months, SIX, of possible FAS teams have many cut downs, more trades, the draft..this just started and the whining is at all time 150% jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**** already let the team set the final roster first and then go grab your Kleenex and cry..well if there are any to buy im guess some of you were the paper product hoarders that caused the shortage you cry so much..lmao

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
We redid the NCO corpse coming out of Viet Nam, and it took about 10 years of head butting and letting go of people who just wanted to go to the bush and kill.

Dallas?

Things will change, but really? Let's see...:starspin:

What's wrong with that.. Give them a little intel and some great weapons to use. No worries...