Twitter: Up To The Minute Details on Dak's Contract Negotiations

cowboyed

Reaction score
Oh so very generous of Dak to come up from 3 to 4 years now.
But who knows if this is BS or truth.

I am leery of reported news of Dak actually preferring a 3 year contract and agreeing to 4 years now, as well. Why wouldn't Dak be ecstatic then playing for the franchise tag and why bother negotiating with the team?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like this guy, but this 3-4 years is crapping on this team.

EVERYBODY knows Jerry will cut him a new deal in a couple years anyway. SIGN DAK, or play with the cap and be capped and traded next year.

Hardline

Reaction score
Where are you getting this 40m per crap? The debunked Simms rumor?

Even that didn’t claim 40m in any of the first four years, only in the bogus/lie 45m fifth year that he incentives out of thin air.

Even his bogus rumor only *averaged* 37.5m

Every one of the contract rumors and demands are coming from Stephen. The Cowboys play dirty in contract negotiations, going back to Emmitt and more recently with Dez, Zeke, Amari, and now Dak

None of those players or their agents, leaked all of the “rumors”. It was Stephen. That’s the Cowboys MO.

Sturm did a piece on this a couple of weeks ago. The Cowboys trash their own players throguh back channels by making up fake negotiating demands to stir up the sheep, but don’t consider the impact on the player.

Now we have fans who will boo their own QB (or RB, or WR) because the Jones’s have manipulated them throguh the media at which point they will shrug as if to say “who me?”

Meanwhile, they try to break the standard 4 year standard practice, and still pay less than Wilson on top of that.

You’re being duped. They are lying to you because you want to be lied to.
The Cowboys cave and give in on most contract negotiations so your theory that Stephen and Jerry play the media to give them an advantage is bunk.
We know when we are being lied to and has zero effect on us when it comes to taking sides.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I am leery of reported news of Dak actually preferring a 3 year contract and agreeing to 4 years now, as well. Why wouldn't Dak be ecstatic then playing for the franchise tag and why bother negotiating with the team?
If the team comes at you with seven (7!!!), you come back at three.

I’m sure you’ve negotiated before and know this

maybe Dak is willing to play on the tag. Maybe not. We don’t know because the team is the only one, at any point, who is negotiating publicly.

All these insiders aren’t referencing Dak or his agent. It’s all Stephen.

you’re only getting the teams side of the negotiations.

May some loot, this will end up being like Cousins. Dak and his agent will say enough is enough. They’ll go franchise two years in a row and then we’ll see the truth of what Jones’s haven’t been telling us.

Jerry and Stephen will end up just like Daniel Snyder. coming off of several 3-5 win seasons and wondering what happened and why they are back in the QB wilderness

It surprises me how we, as fans, just gobble up the Cowboy propaganda. I’ve been victim of it myself.

Since when do multi-billionaires get to peddle a “poor us” slate of misinformation and we just buy it?

I guess it’s because they own the local media and they bank on players not knowing how to play dirty like they do.

Dak can’t come out and make a public statement because he’s damned if he does and he’s damned if he’s dont.

we’re all suckers

Kwyn

Reaction score
The Cowboys cave and give in on most contract negotiations so your theory that Stephen and Jerry play the media to give them an advantage is bunk.
We know when we are being lied to and has zero effect on us when it comes to taking sides.
There is a long Jones history of negotiating in the media, both publicly and behind the scenes. The Hard Line did a piece on it recently.

It’s part of their negotiating strategy to put pressure on the player through fan’s natural tendency to believe the team over the olayer.

they’re actually pretty obvious about it despite their attempts to be coy.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Was he greedy making peanuts the last 4 years?

Dak had 4 years in college to change everyone's preception of his ability. So he is to blame for his "peanut salary". Dallas unlike every other team provided a great vehicle for Dak to excel with his supporting cast.

Now lets consider the immense off field money Dak receives because he plays for Dallas. The brand that is Dallas Cowboys is established and brings money that he would not otherwise receive had he played in a different market. I say all this to show Dak is not entitled to demand future salary simply because he didnt get paid like a 1st round pick, since he was drafted.

Hardline

Reaction score
There is a long Jones history of negotiating in the media, both publicly and behind the scenes. The Hard Line did a piece on it recently.

It’s part of their negotiating strategy to put pressure on the player through fan’s natural tendency to believe the team over the olayer.

they’re actually pretty obvious about it despite their attempts to be coy.
There is zero history of the Jones's playing the media.
And even if they did.Most fans like me would see through it.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Peanuts? It’s gonna take me years to make the money he made in one of those 4 years. And I don’t have the pleasure of getting payed to play a game. That’s one thing I’ll never feel bad about an athlete for is their pay because even league minimum guys will make more money in a year then someone that spent 10 years in college earning multiple degrees and a PhD.

Haha what about them billionaires using you as a pawn in their scheme?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Greed. He should be "ecstatic" just for making the NFL let alone the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. The combination of both turned him into a media jerk losing fans along the way.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
You don't have to be the top QB in order to get paid the most. Just like he was one of the worst paid in the league but was starting at quarterback?
He was paid on where he was drafted so there was no choice in what he could be paid. Now Dallas has a choice on whether he should be paid as though he is the best. Don’t get me wrong I like Dak but doesn’t mean I think he should be highest paid player. I will pull for him if he’s making $50 or $50 million a year. But my loyalty is to the team not individual players.