Twitter: Up To The Minute Details on Dak's Contract Negotiations

Kwyn

Reaction score
That isn't a "belief" its FACT. If you want to retain players you pay over market value. Otherwise, how else would you retain them? When you see a deal done you aren't seeing the player take beneath what they'd accept. You are seeing what both sides came to agree to.
Because, by God, If they were honorable men, they would play for less just to wear the star on their helmet.
4 years 135 million, 108 million guaranteed. 32, 33, 34, and 36 million are the annual cal hits. Then throw in contract escalators for playoff wins, nfc championship, and super bowl that would in theory make him the highest paid QB. Heck Dak loves to bet on himself so maybe even lower total contract and more escaltors for making playoyes, etc.
if the Cowboys were willing to do four years like every other current starting QB contract then im sure the deal would have been done.

They are just being stubborn and refusing to go by industry standards

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because, by God, If they were honorable men, they would play for less just to wear the star on their helmet.

if the Cowboys were willing to do four years like every other current starting QB contract then im sure the deal would have been done.

Kwyn....I almost got benched for my reply until I realized your sarcasm lol.

glimmerman

Reaction score

I think the others like goff and wentz etc were extensions and I think that gives the contract a different look. And I also think your right about A Cowboys franchise QB should play for less on his contract because of the endorsement deals that are almost automatic. The other QB on other teams get them because they are either unreal stat wise or a SB winning QB. Dallas Cowboys QB’s are usually a household name in a year or so.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Yeah but he easily could’ve held out like Zeke did to get another deal. He did not. He’s done everything this organization has asked of him and now you have people fixing their mouths to call him greedy? Even though the greediest of them all is the owner/GM who insists on not hiring a general manager out of greed and self loath?

Dak isn't a good enough player to hold out. Dallas would have just gone out and signed a Fitzpatrick or Dalton type and got similar production.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak isn't a good enough player to hold out. Dallas would have just gone out and signed a Fitzpatrick or Dalton type and got similar production.
Based on what? He's good enough for a 32 million dollar franchise tag but he's not good enough to hold out in a contract year? You are talking with your hatred for him. Let's be logical now.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sickening how greedy one can be.
Pro athletes have big egos. They're all rich. But they want to make a dollar more than their peers and will dig in to get there.

It's all about the Agents convincing the players that they have to have a certain amount.

Dak said (on camera) right after the Russel Wilson contract that he didn't expect that much.

His agent obviously got to him and Dak quit commenting on the contract after that.
  • For Agents it's about more than just the commission the specific contract.
  • Agents build their reputations on getting top dollar contracts for players.
  • It's how top attract new clients.
  • DLaw's agent admitted on radio that he feared the start of OTAs because all players would be back in town and hanging out together away from "work".
    • DLaw's agent feared that peer pressure would cause his client to "fold" and take less money.
    • The deal was completed when DLaw insisted on speaking directly to Stephen Jones.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Smh. I hope he continues to be bull headed. We need him out of here. This guy will destroy the team.

#DontpayDak

Dak is counting 31 million against the cap this year. Are we destroyed? Most talented team we have fielded since the 90's. And cap room to spare.

Another dumb comment debunked instantly.

tunahelper

Reaction score
It’s. It nearly as much as you think it is. The big number of $50m or whatever that people like to throw around is how much he’s insured for if he’s out of the league and loses all future endorsement earning power.

He actually earned around 2.5m last year.

You gotta do more than just google “Dak endorsement” and read the clickbait headlines

You have to prove to me Dak is worth more money than his peers based on his play, especially last year when it counted. How about when Zeke was suspended? Did Dak play like a 35+ million dollar QB then? He is a decent QB that is trying to take advantage of the situation, which is his bargaining strategy. Nobody should get offended when the otherside points out his obvious flaws. He has shown the inability to carry team like he wants his pay to demonstrate. Again both sides have bargaining power.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Normally I would agree with you, but Jerry and Company screwed the pooch on this one. Should have locked Dak up on year three. Terrible Business accument on the Front Office.
Lock him up after they witnessed some absolutely disgusting performances in 2018, including our first shutout since QC? K

Why is he guaranteed out starter going forward

50cent

Reaction score
You must be joking

They do it every time theres a big contract up except for Romo.

You have either not been paying attention or you’re willfully disregarding the numerous times they’ve done it.

Where do you think you’re getting all these rumors? It’s Stephen now, and Jerry before him. He has his direct pipeline of media who he feeds and in exchange he goes them access

Its a core part of their negotiating strategy

Happened with Zeke
Happened with Tank
Happened with Dez

Hell, Jerry did it with Emmitt.

Honestly, I’m surprised Dak isn’t talking about it but I suppose his agents advise him not too. After all, it would only hurt his image further with the hordes of front office loyalists and hey, they have other clients too and they need to eat.
Take it further, THEY ARE THE MEDIA. THEY HAVE RADIO SHOWS. THAT'S LITERALLY MEDIA.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dak would sign that but his agent would never allow it. I didn’t like him trying to throw as much as he did this past year. I felt like he was trying to get his stats up for the contract. I could be wrong and maybe his OC was calling those plays and Dak wasn’t calling audibles.
Dak ran the offense as called like most other QB’s. He wasn’t doing Peyton impersonations our there calling his own plays

Kwyn

Reaction score
I think the others like goff and wentz etc were extensions and I think that gives the contract a different look. And I also think your right about A Cowboys franchise QB should play for less on his contract because of the endorsement deals that are almost automatic. The other QB on other teams get them because they are either unreal stat wise or a SB winning QB. Dallas Cowboys QB’s are usually a household name in a year or so.
/whoosh

Kwyn

Reaction score
If he only wants 3 years, why doesn’t he just play on franchise tags?
If the Cowboys keep doing negotiating publicly and through their back channel media puppets, you may get your wish.

That’s what Snyder did and Cousins finally had enough and just played it out and left after the second tag.

Ask a Commanders fan how they feel about that now that they’ve been in the basement for the last three years and still have a huge question mark at QB

When teams don’t negotiate in good faith, bad things happen.

If the Cowboys don’t come off this stupid five year requirement they are going to get what they deserve and we’re all going to pay the price as fans when we have busdriver Dalton at 22-25m per DiNucci being proclaimed as the savior