Twitter: Up To The Minute Details on Dak's Contract Negotiations

RandyOh

Reaction score
Haha what about them billionaires using you as a pawn in their scheme?
Same with them. I don’t care about how much they make or lose in their NFL investments. Love football but in the offseason I still see a bunch of baby men crying and fighting over what is still absurd amounts of money for what is still a game. I understand everyone wants to get paid and they All do end up getting paid. Each and every NFL player gets paid life changing money. Even the boarder line players get life changing money, but your not really gonna expect me to sit here and care if Dak receives 115 mil in guaranteed vs the 108 or so million he is being offered? Poor Dak. Being taken advantage of like that

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak will likely sign soon. I was assuming he was wanting 3 years. Quicker he can get back to the table the more he can make. They like that signing bonus and guaranteed money. After mahomes and the others gets paid it will be 40+ a year. Right now Dak should be happy getting Wilson money (If that’s really what has been offered) considering he hasn’t been to a SB.

We knew it was the years and not really the money holding things up. Dak coming up from 3 years and JJ coming down from 5 years should get it done in the next few weeks. Not surprised if its pretty much a done deal and JJ just waiting to make a splash at the last second. He likes to keep us on the edge of our seats. Keeps everyone talking about them..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was paid on where he was drafted so there was no choice in what he could be paid. Now Dallas has a choice on whether he should be paid as though he is the best. Don’t get me wrong I like Dak but doesn’t mean I think he should be highest paid player. I will pull for him if he’s making $50 or $50 million a year. But my loyalty is to the team not individual players.

And now he's a free agent and now its time for him to be the highest paid simply because he's next in line. You aren't paid based on your skillset or your position ranking. I'm not sure why people want to change that now its time for Dak to get paid.

My loyalty is to this team as well which is why I want Dak back and don't care the price. The time to penny pinch was when you were overspent on Zeke, Lawrence, Jaylen and Collins. Now is not the time when its your franchise quarterback.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dak had 4 years in college to change everyone's preception of his ability. So he is to blame for his "peanut salary". Dallas unlike every other team provided a great vehicle for Dak to excel with his supporting cast.

Now lets consider the immense off field money Dak receives because he plays for Dallas. The brand that is Dallas Cowboys is established and brings money that he would not otherwise receive had he played in a different market. I say all this to show Dak is not entitled to demand future salary simply because he didnt get paid like a 1st round pick, since he was drafted.
It’s. It nearly as much as you think it is. The big number of $50m or whatever that people like to throw around is how much he’s insured for if he’s out of the league and loses all future endorsement earning power.

He actually earned around 2.5m last year.

You gotta do more than just google “Dak endorsement” and read the clickbait headlines

Kwyn

Reaction score
Greed. He should be "ecstatic" just for making the NFL let alone the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. The combination of both turned him into a media jerk losing fans along the way.
Please cite one instance of him being a “media jerk” and “losing fans”

You’ve bought into the message board and media hate that exists only to tear down and never elevate.

Other than letting some idiot “friend” take pictures at that gathering he had at his house, what has he done, or more importantly, said, that garners all the hate.

I’ll wait

never mind, I won’t, because there’s nothing there. He’s never said or done anything like that.

It’s really just petty jealousy by fans and sheeplike mentality is those who, for some unknown reason, are protective of Jerry’s fortune and don’t see how they are being manipulated by columnists who need clickbait tweets and headlines.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Dak will likely sign soon. I was assuming he was wanting 3 years. Quicker he can get back to the table the more he can make. They like that signing bonus and guaranteed money. After mahomes and the others gets paid it will be 40+ a year. Right now Dak should be happy getting Wilson money (If that’s really what has been offered) considering he hasn’t been to a SB.

We knew it was the years and not really the money holding things up. Dak coming up from 3 years and JJ coming down from 5 years should get it done in the next few weeks. Not surprised if its pretty much a done deal and JJ just waiting to make a splash at the last second. He likes to keep us on the edge of our seats. Keeps everyone talking about them..

It is absolutely about the money...it’s about how much guaranteed money he wants at the time he signs.

If it wasn’t about the money, Jerry could say “ok Dak, I’ll give you $10 mil a year fully guaranteed for 3 years...now you can get your next bite at the apple sooner”. Think Dak would sign up for that?

Kwyn

Reaction score
There is zero history of the Jones's playing the media.
And even if they did.Most fans like me would see through it.
You must be joking

They do it every time theres a big contract up except for Romo.

You have either not been paying attention or you’re willfully disregarding the numerous times they’ve done it.

Where do you think you’re getting all these rumors? It’s Stephen now, and Jerry before him. He has his direct pipeline of media who he feeds and in exchange he goes them access

Its a core part of their negotiating strategy

Happened with Zeke
Happened with Tank
Happened with Dez

Hell, Jerry did it with Emmitt.

Honestly, I’m surprised Dak isn’t talking about it but I suppose his agents advise him not too. After all, it would only hurt his image further with the hordes of front office loyalists and hey, they have other clients too and they need to eat.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It is absolutely about the money...it’s about how much guaranteed money he wants at the time he signs.

If it wasn’t about the money, Jerry could say “ok Dak, I’ll give you $10 mil a year fully guaranteed for 3 years...now you can get your next bite at the apple sooner”. Think Dak would sign up for that?
If and I am only talking if the reports were true about the 35-36 a year and the guaranteed money was right up there with Wilson is being offered then that’s a sign-able deal. I was hearing that both sides are saying that he was never asking for 40 a year.

JJ wants 5 years and Dak wants 3. This is unfortunately not a extension and IMO should have been done a year or 2 ago..

Kwyn

Reaction score
This is one of the biggest misconceptions out there. The belief that because other teams over-paid the position, that it's 'just the way the league works'. No...it's the way dumb teams work.
It’s the way the entire league works. And not just the NFL.

You wanting to stick your head in the same won’t change that.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He was paid on where he was drafted so there was no choice in what he could be paid. Now Dallas has a choice on whether he should be paid as though he is the best. Don’t get me wrong I like Dak but doesn’t mean I think he should be highest paid player. I will pull for him if he’s making $50 or $50 million a year. But my loyalty is to the team not individual players.
Jerry thanks you for your service.

Please enjoy the $9 beers and $14 burgers. Fries are extra.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is one of the biggest misconceptions out there. The belief that because other teams over-paid the position, that it's 'just the way the league works'. No...it's the way dumb teams work.
That isn't a "belief" its FACT. If you want to retain players you pay over market value. Otherwise, how else would you retain them? When you see a deal done you aren't seeing the player take beneath what they'd accept. You are seeing what both sides came to agree to.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
4 years 135 million, 108 million guaranteed. 32, 33, 34, and 36 million are the annual cal hits. Then throw in contract escalators for playoff wins, nfc championship, and super bowl that would in theory make him the highest paid QB. Heck Dak loves to bet on himself so maybe even lower total contract and more escaltors for making playoyes, etc.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yeah but he easily could’ve held out like Zeke did to get another deal. He did not. He’s done everything this organization has asked of him and now you have people fixing their mouths to call him greedy? Even though the greediest of them all is the owner/GM who insists on not hiring a general manager out of greed and self loath?
Go ahead and hold outt. Making "peanuts" is a relative term, I also consider he had a huge offer on the table for over a year and a half.

So again, hold out and let's see what another QB can do with this Oline and a ton of weapons.

glimmerman

Reaction score
4 years 135 million, 108 million guaranteed. 32, 33, 34, and 36 million are the annual cal hits. Then throw in contract escalators for playoff wins, nfc championship, and super bowl that would in theory make him the highest paid QB. Heck Dak loves to bet on himself so maybe even lower total contract and more escaltors for making playoyes, etc.
Dak would sign that but his agent would never allow it. I didn’t like him trying to throw as much as he did this past year. I felt like he was trying to get his stats up for the contract. I could be wrong and maybe his OC was calling those plays and Dak wasn’t calling audibles.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Go ahead and hold outt. Making "peanuts" is a relative term, I also consider he had a huge offer on the table for over a year and a half.

So again, hold out and let's see what another QB can do with this Oline and a ton of weapons.
We already know. They went 1-11 in 2015 prior to Dak getting here.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We already know. They went 1-11 in 2015 prior to Dak getting here.
That was terrible to watch. Couldn’t get a QB to win a game. Dak is doing it the right way and will get paid. If he held out then it could have had a bad impact on the locker room. Elliot did it because his shelf life in the NFL is shorter.