Twitter: Up To The Minute Details on Dak's Contract Negotiations

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Any day now, BeerTroll... any day now. Like the last 700 times you said it. You’re a regular Nostradamus. :thumbup:
I believe you are talking to me.

So I represent about the other half of divided Cowboy Nation.

So you must think we are all to be hated? Right.?

I have been going thru this stuff as a paying fan of the team probably before you were born.

If its not a debate over Meredith, its over Morton.

If its not over Staubach its over Clint Longley.

If its not over Steve Walsh its Troy Aikman.

If its not over Bledsoe its Romo.

If its not Romo its Dak.

Learn your Cowboy history.

See a pattern?

Debate about our QB is healthy.

May the best guy win.

But it may have to be a SB to convince everybody.

Dak has now jacked the stakes up so high, anything short of a win is going to put him in company of Danny White.

A guy who couldn't win the big game. Forever remembered for it.

What Dak needs to do is pull back a little and then have a great season and then everybody will believe in him.

As of now, that is just not possible for all of us.

So slow down the express train to the Dak SB legend.

He has not even arrived at the station yet. But you are making him Town Sherrif.

Yikes.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
And I also think your right about A Cowboys franchise QB should play for less on his contract because of the endorsement deals that are almost automatic.

I don't agree with this at all. Is it an added bonus? Absolutely.

However using this logic players who play for teams in states without state income taxes should take less money than everyone else around the league because they're going to make up the money by not having to pay as much in taxes, right?

GMO415

Reaction score
Up to the minute? It's been going on for years.

It's not that serious. Why waste time on a decision you have no bearing on? It will happen when it happens.

marius

Reaction score
The people who are in favor of paying Dak, and who tell us, Dak haters, I am not against Dak as a player, but I am against Dak as a person; something must be understood, many cite that Romo was paid, that Dlaw, Jalon smith, etc. were paid money. It must be remembered that Romo's contract brought many problems to the cowboys, to the point that they had to let good players go because they could not be paid, and no SB was won, I think this is the same case, Why pay so much money to a single player, if you have a very good team, who can take care and try to have the base for a good time, paying so much money to Dak reduces the possibilities of renewing contracts; That they paid Dlaw and others a lot and Dak doesn't want to be paid? even paying Dak 30M would be the highest salary of the team, so this is about Dak's ego, he wants to be the best paid in the league, because he is already inflated, he believes the QB of the moment, just for having good numbers?; Do you want Dak to get paid and have less chance of signing good free agents in the future? reduce the possibility of maintaining a balanced team, just by wanting to have Dak as QB ?; the cowboys do not have Tom Brady, they do not have Patrick Mahomes, nor Aaron Rodgers, nor Drew Brees, nor Russell Wilson, etc, etc, the cowboys can also exist without Dak, it would be best to look for other options, we already have a good one, Andy Dalton; They can look for more possibilities, and not be depending on what a tantrum kid wants.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Dak has now jacked the stakes up so high, anything short of a win is going to put him in company of Danny White.
I’d like to see one, single, solitary quote that supports this position

The only time Dak has been quoted about his contract was when he said he wasn’t demanding Russell Wilson money.

Thats it

Maybe his internal discussions with the team have changed. We don’t know. Neither he nor his agent have said a single word

What we do have is Stephen going on multiple media interviews and talking about how paying the QB too much equals failure. Sure enough, next day the bird is full of people crowing about greedy Dak killing our cap space

What we also have are numerous rumors, initiated by the Cowboys, saying Dak is demanding 40m per and Dak is demanding a 3 year deal. You think that Chris Simms rumor came out of thin air? Don’t be naive

next day, whatever Dak’s preciously illusionary and made up demands went out the window and the FanZone was full of posts about “DAK WANTS 45 MILLION”

Who exactly is jacking up the stakes?

It’s not Dak. It’s Stephen and Jerry.

They’re playing you

All Dak has done is refuse to sign the latest contract that was put in front of him. That’s it. He hasn’t talked. He hasn’t insinuated. He hasn’t leaked.

It’s sad that so many fans let their team loyalty color what in real life is probably a reasonable set of values and sense of fair play.

Think about what you’ve actually seen and heard from Dak or his agent and then try to justify your position here, and in other threads, that Dak is somehow sabotaging the team and displaying poor leadership.

I guess if rolling over and showing your belly on command is what passes for leadership, then I would have to agree that he’s lacking that particular brand of “leadership”. I honestly wouldn’t want a player who downgraded himself to appease a never satisfied fan base

Is it any coincidence that the mentality and appeasement of authority leadership style was on vivid display from our Head Coach the last ten years?

I don’t think so.

It’s why Jimmy and Bill left and if the Jones’s continue to do it with Dak, he’ll do two years on the tag because he has no choice and then he will go somewhere else and we will be left with nothing.

And you know what?

Fans will still curse and scorn him because he didn’t roll over for a belly rub.

You can do better Red. Apply some critical thinking

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score

The only time Dak has been quoted about his contract was when he said he wasn’t demanding Russell Wilson money.

Thats it

Maybe his internal discussions with the team have changed. We don’t know. Neither he nor his agent have said a single word

What we do have is Stephen going on multiple media interviews and talking about how paying the QB too much equals failure. Sure enough, next day the bird is full of people crowing about greedy Dak killing our cap space

What we also have are numerous rumors, initiated by the Cowboys, saying Dak is demanding 40m per and Dak is demanding a 3 year deal. You think that Chris Simms rumor came out of thin air? Don’t be naive

next day, whatever Dak’s preciously illusionary and made up demands went out the window and the FanZone was full of posts about “DAK WANTS 45 MILLION”

Who exactly is jacking up the stakes?

It’s not Dak. It’s Stephen and Jerry.

They’re playing you

All Dak has done is refuse to sign the latest contract that was put in front of him. That’s it. He hasn’t talked. He hasn’t insinuated. He hasn’t leaked.

It’s sad that so many fans let their team loyalty color what in real life is probably a reasonable set of values and sense of fair play.

Think about what you’ve actually seen and heard from Dak or his agent and then try to justify your position here, and in other threads, that Dak is somehow sabotaging the team and displaying poor leadership.

I guess if rolling over and showing your belly on command is what passes for leadership, then I would have to agree that he’s lacking that particular brand of “leadership”. I honestly wouldn’t want a player who downgraded himself to appease a never satisfied fan base

Is it any coincidence that the mentality and appeasement of authority leadership style was on vivid display from our Head Coach the last ten years?

I don’t think so.

It’s why Jimmy and Bill left and if the Jones’s continue to do it with Dak, he’ll do two years on the tag because he has no choice and then he will go somewhere else and we will be left with nothing.

And you know what?

Fans will still curse and scorn him because he didn’t roll over for a belly rub.

You can do better Red. Apply some critical thinking
So his agent is just sitting there dwindling his thumbs and hasn't spread any rumors at all. The Jones boys are responsible for every rumor that we have heard.

Got it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

I honestly didn't know that.

All ive heard are comments that as he's the next quality QB and should be paid more than his contemporaries who signed last year (regardless of talent).

If its under $35m per for 4 years i'm in.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
The people who are in favor of paying Dak, and who tell us, Dak haters, I am not against Dak as a player, but I am against Dak as a person; something must be understood, many cite that Romo was paid, that Dlaw, Jalon smith, etc. were paid money. It must be remembered that Romo's contract brought many problems to the cowboys, to the point that they had to let good players go because they could not be paid, and no SB was won, I think this is the same case, Why pay so much money to a single player, if you have a very good team, who can take care and try to have the base for a good time, paying so much money to Dak reduces the possibilities of renewing contracts; That they paid Dlaw and others a lot and Dak doesn't want to be paid? even paying Dak 30M would be the highest salary of the team, so this is about Dak's ego, he wants to be the best paid in the league, because he is already inflated, he believes the QB of the moment, just for having good numbers?; Do you want Dak to get paid and have less chance of signing good free agents in the future? reduce the possibility of maintaining a balanced team, just by wanting to have Dak as QB ?; the cowboys do not have Tom Brady, they do not have Patrick Mahomes, nor Aaron Rodgers, nor Drew Brees, nor Russell Wilson, etc, etc, the cowboys can also exist without Dak, it would be best to look for other options, we already have a good one, Andy Dalton; They can look for more possibilities, and not be depending on what a tantrum kid wants.

You make valid points about it being tougher to win when your QB eats up so much of the salary cap. But Dak and his agent aren't to blame for this. Blame the Jones family.

We had a nice 4 year window to get the most out of this window of opportunity that we had with Dak playing on a rookie contract and what happened? Jerry Jones decided to piss away those 4 years all because he wanted to be comfortable and have an unqualified lap dog of a coach. Even with Romo's roughly $10 million in dead money on the table in 2017 and 2018, the salary the Cowboys dedicated to the QB position was significantly less than what teams were paying for other top 10 QBs in the league, which was in the $20 million and up range.

So yeah, valid points about it being harder to win after you pay your QB, but as I mentioned, lets not forget to throw a few of these stones at the Joneses for completely wasting that 4 year rookie contract window that a lot of other teams have maximized.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Where are you getting this 40m per crap? The debunked Simms rumor?

Even that didn’t claim 40m in any of the first four years, only in the bogus/lie 45m fifth year that he incentives out of thin air.

Even his bogus rumor only *averaged* 37.5m

Every one of the contract rumors and demands are coming from Stephen. The Cowboys play dirty in contract negotiations, going back to Emmitt and more recently with Dez, Zeke, Amari, and now Dak

None of those players or their agents, leaked all of the “rumors”. It was Stephen. That’s the Cowboys MO.

Sturm did a piece on this a couple of weeks ago. The Cowboys trash their own players throguh back channels by making up fake negotiating demands to stir up the sheep, but don’t consider the impact on the player.

Now we have fans who will boo their own QB (or RB, or WR) because the Jones’s have manipulated them throguh the media at which point they will shrug as if to say “who me?”

Meanwhile, they try to break the standard 4 year standard practice, and still pay less than Wilson on top of that.

You’re being duped. They are lying to you because you want to be lied to.

Nobody's duping me. I don't boo players based on their salary.
$40 million is number used to get a certain crowd riled up.
Looks like you're in that group.

I truly don't care either way what they do with his contract demands.
His mistake was when he came out and said he didn't deserve to be
the highest paid QB in the league.

Nice conspiracy theory though.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah I really enjoyed how he folded down the stretch and led us to that 8-8 record last season. Outstanding.
Yeah and how about that defense and special teams? They were just outstanding weren’t they.:facepalm: Please keep embarrassing yourself. I need the laughs.

conner01

Reaction score
Was he greedy making peanuts the last 4 years?
I make dang sure I get paid as much as I can get myself
It’s a business
Players have a small window of their lives to make big money
I don’t blame any of them for wanting what the market bears
Teams can pay it or let them go
Players don’t have near the options the team does
They can’t pick their team till they’ve been in the league for half their career in many cases
Teams can cut a player anytime, players can’t opt out anytime they want to

Kwyn

Reaction score
So his agent is just sitting there dwindling his thumbs and hasn't spread any rumors at all. The Jones boys are responsible for every rumor that we have heard.

Got it.
Find a rumored “source” that makes the team look bad or unreasonable. You find those and you *might* be seeing something out of the Dak camp.

All of the opinion is slanted one way, in favor of the team and against the player

It happened with Zeke
It happened with Tank
It happened with Dez

Now it’s happening with Dak

These aren’t isolated incidents.

It’s a pattern and it’s a planned and calculated strategy

Once we get past our love for the team and our crying and gnashing of teeth anytime something, anything, appears to threaten the illusion, it really becomes obvious what has been happening here forever

Kwyn

Reaction score
I honestly didn't know that.

All ive heard are comments that as he's the next quality QB and should be paid more than his contemporaries who signed last year (regardless of talent).

If its under $35m per for 4 years i'm in.
It was after Wilson signed his deal.

I’m sure that now, a year later, the price has gone up

Kaiser

Reaction score

No, this selfish ego case is going to destroy the team with his outrageous contract demands and I can no longer root for a cancer like DLaw... err, Zeke Elliott, ummm, sorry Amari Cooper..... oh wait, I meant Dak Prescott.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't agree with this at all. Is it an added bonus? Absolutely.

However using this logic players who play for teams in states without state income taxes should take less money than everyone else around the league because they're going to make up the money by not having to pay as much in taxes, right?
There is another reason. The state taxes along with the given endorsement money. Nobody or any agent is wanting to admit this. Lol. If I am JJ then I am seeing the endorsement money and wondering if he has any control over that since it’s his team.. Almost like a jersey sell...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’m not going to hate on Dak for trying to get his money I held the same stance with Zeke. Just get the deal done so we can move forward. Maybe make a serious play for Adams.