Update: Dez Recovering Faster Than Expected

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Roughly nine days after having surgery to repair a bone in his right foot, Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant's recovery process seems to be moving along steadily.

Bryant was seen in the Cowboys locker room Wednesday afternoon at the conclusion of the team's midweek practice. According to WFAA's Mike Leslie, Bryant was walking around completely barefoot without a cast, walking boot, or any type of wrap. Bryant wasn't doing anything the doctors haven't told him not to do and the receiver appeared to be comfortable applying pressure on his surgically repaired foot, per Leslie.

Full article: http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Dez-Bryant-applying-pressure-on-foot-9-days-after-surgery-39666692

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
6 weeks should be the absolute best case scenario. Looks like that may be a legitimate possibility. @ NYG after the bye....

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Stop!

Please just stop with this "sensational".... Ummmm.... "Reporting"

A few days ago it was 10 games.... Now he had healing powers like wolverine.

Don't buy I to this crap one way or another.

He is not healed or close to it.

I don't know what you're upset about. Falcons receivers said it'd be weeks before Dez could walk on the foot and apply pressure. He's doing that stuff....now.

That is cause for optimism considering that Julio actually broke his foot just a year ago so isn't speaking from ignorance.

This is good news no matter how you try and spin it.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not sure how to take this. Supposedly the condition he has relates to limited blood flow in the area of the fracture,,, so how is this miraculous recovery time happening?

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Mike Fisher was just on 105.3 The Fan with Ben and Skin and he was reporting that Dez is walking around with no boot, no limp, nothing.. and is still doing what the doctors / trainers are asking him to do

Dez might be back sooner than expected folks

Reaction score
We heard everything from 6 to 12 weeks. Based on this article, it looks like it may be closer to 6, which is great news.

I just hope he doesn't do too much, too fast resulting in a setback. He needs to take it easy and get back to full health. But he can't push it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
"Bryant was walking around completely barefoot without a cast, walking boot, or any type of wrap."

That is very encouraging.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to take this. Supposedly the condition he has relates to limited blood flow in the area of the fracture,,, so how is this miraculous recovery time happening?

9ircy.gif

I heard he's been going to The Man himself.