Update: Dez Recovering Faster Than Expected

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Reminds me of My Cousin Vinny... so your grits boil faster than grits on everyone's stove in the grit-eating world? Are these "magic grits"?

Dez's bones do not fuse and heal any faster than other human being's, no matter how finely tuned an athlete he is. Just because he's walking does not mean his bones are healing faster. It just means he tolerates pain better. Tamp down the enthusiasm, folks.

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you don't think that some people can heal faster than others, you're extremely misinformed.

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound rude, but if you don't think that some people can heal faster than others, you're extremely misinformed.

No, I dont think that some people's bones can heal significantly faster than other people's bones. Now, I agree with you about other muscle or internal type injuries. But bones is bones. Every doctor that posted about this injury said that there is a minimum amount of time it takes (6 weeks or so) for a bone to heal with enough strength.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Reminds me of My Cousin Vinny... so your grits boil faster than grits on everyone's stove in the grit-eating world? Are these "magic grits"?

Dez's bones do not fuse and heal any faster than other human being's, no matter how finely tuned an athlete he is. Just because he's walking does not mean his bones are healing faster. It just means he tolerates pain better. Tamp down the enthusiasm, folks.

Dez's muscles produce greater force than mine do.

Where can I get some of Dez's magic muscles?

The fact of the matter is...every body heals differently...in some cases drastically differently.

There are many many examples all over the world around us to corroborate this fact.

My Cousin Vinny....great movie.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
No, I dont think that some people's bones can heal significantly faster than other people's bones. Now, I agree with you about other muscle or internal type injuries. But bones is bones. Every doctor that posted about this injury said that there is a minimum amount of time it takes (6 weeks or so) for a bone to heal with enough strength.

Well the timeframes given were anywhere from 6-12 weeks, which is quite a large variance. Anyways, it's trivial. Dez will be back when he is healthy enough to play. Simple as that. :)

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Reaction score
Well the timeframes given were anywhere from 6-12 weeks, which is quite a large variance. Anyways, it's trivial. Dez will be back when he is healthy enough to play. Simple as that. :)

Agreed. And I do not dispute that he can be back in 6 weeks. But the title of this thread "Dez healing faster than expected" is misleading. Just because he is walking today without a boot, means nothing about the 6 week minimum timeframe for a broken bone to heal.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Agreed. And I do not dispute that he can be back in 6 weeks. But the title of this thread "Dez healing faster than expected" is misleading. Just because he is walking today without a boot, means nothing about the 6 week minimum timeframe for a broken bone to heal.

Well, that would be my bad. It was a spur of the moment title decision on my part. Poor wording I guess. Everything in the article seems to point to the idea that technically he "shouldn't" be able to walk around unassisted, and he is.

Mods can feel free to edit the title if it is misleading.

In no way was I trying to sensationalize the post.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

Quoting a paper from the US National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health titled "The genetic profile of bone repair" by Rozalia Dimitriou and Peter V. Giannoudis that was published in 2013...

"bone regeneration remains to a great extent an unknown cascade of biological events..."

...I'd say we don't know everything we think we do.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
There are times when I do miss the days of straight journalism and you had to wait until the morning paper to read it.
But these days are generally more fun.

Fabricated stories and/or reporting just for the sake of reporting "something" is stupid.

I remember one time, I believe it was espn. They said, coming up we will give you the update or status of something.. Can't remember what it was... But when they came back they said....

The update is... THERE IS NO UPDATE... nothing had changed

I lmao'd

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Yes. Lol

You can heal faster over weeks time. Maybe a week earlier or two or what have you... But this just happened.

Also, walking on it is probably not smart.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Dez told people essentially not to listen to the PFT and Crapreport type mediots, unless there is a setback, Dez will be back way sooner than these reports.