UPDATE: Please Pray for our son. Part 2

gtb1943

Reaction score
ditto. I agree! I just brought that up to him again while on the phone. I warned him. I don't trust his C/O totally. Not sure he's going to bat for him like he should. I don't want to get involved; I prefer him to do what he feels to guard against this again. BUT if I need to, I just might do it. But as a man and a soldier, Im trying to let him sort this out. I wish I knew how to get ahold of the right dept there at Camp Roberts to talk to someone about it, without them coming down on him. When he was in Camp Walker SK the c/o there was outstanding but where he is now, its a mess.
Have not heard good things about Camp Roberts
California National Guard does not have a good rep
But in the end there is just so much you can do.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
looks like hes spending another night in the hospital Friday Night. They still aren't 100% satisfied with the look of the drainage. They THINK he may have a pinhole leak in his stomach. They want to be sure about that before they send him home. Just got off the phone with him. He's in good spirits but he's getting sick of being in a hospital. I told him to keep his chin up and I have alot of folks pulling for him. THANK YOU GUYS.My wife and I, and his siblings are grateful to you guys for the moral support. It helps us too. His momma is sick with heart failure where we are in Texas, and so I really can't leave her nor afford to go be with him. It really sucks. His mom is the salt of the Earth. I married a great woman 27 years ago. Without her there is no RJ.
Better safe than sorry. He needs to stay as long as it takes. Praying for your boy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
ditto. I agree! I just brought that up to him again while on the phone. I warned him. I don't trust his C/O totally. Not sure he's going to bat for him like he should. I don't want to get involved; I prefer him to do what he feels to guard against this again. BUT if I need to, I just might do it. But as a man and a soldier, Im trying to let him sort this out. I wish I knew how to get ahold of the right dept there at Camp Roberts to talk to someone about it, without them coming down on him. When he was in Camp Walker SK the c/o there was outstanding but where he is now, its a mess.
I wouldn't do anything against RJ's wishes, but I'd maybe (once you can see him in person, if that's fairly soon) talk to him face to face, and make sure he knows to stand up for himself, without making accusations he can't prove.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Have not heard good things about Camp Roberts
California National Guard does not have a good rep
But in the end there is just so much you can do.
same. Ive learned that as well from him and others. Correct.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I wouldn't do anything against RJ's wishes, but I'd maybe (once you can see him in person, if that's fairly soon) talk to him face to face, and make sure he knows to stand up for himself, without making accusations he can't prove.
exactly.

visionary

Reaction score
As of 6/1/24 Saturday night, our son is back in the hospital again, with MRSA ,and more fluid leakage in his intestines/organs from the original wreck he had back in April. You all prayed for him. RJ is in the Army and the Army "Leaders" on base decided to ignore the doctors strict time off orders that he needed and sent him back to work 3 weeks too early. My wife and I are so ticked! Instead of resting he was forced to work, so now he's back in the hospital in ICU. He could have died as MRSA can be deadly. The intubation tube might be removed Sunday. THE mrsa is being treated and btw he also has AFIB we just learned. Good news is it might be the temporary type due to the trauma his body has endured. Hes had 2 more liters of fluid they drained and it tested positive for MRSA. He's hooked up to drainage tubes . Keep RJ in your Prayers. God Bless.
So so so sorry to hear brother
May he recover quickly and completely

Rayman70

Reaction score
Spoke with RJ last night and got great potential news. They want to see if they can send him home today, Sunday. Pending another recheck to make sure all the drainage has nearly stopped. We shall see. I will update you all later today on what happens. PRAYING.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Good news guys. He just got discharged from the Hospital and is on way home. They left 2 drain tubes in his abdomen and will have a nurse come to check on him a couple times per week to make sure everything is going good. Last time they didn't do this. So they are being very diligent this go round. They should have done this last time he had surgery. Now we wait and see how he recovers.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good news guys. He just got discharged from the Hospital and is on way home. They left 2 drain tubes in his abdomen and will have a nurse come to check on him a couple times per week to make sure everything is going good. Last time they didn't do this. So they are being very diligent this go round. They should have done this last time he had surgery. Now we wait and see how he recovers.
Excellent news! I don't think even the most foolish of superiors would try to put him to work with drain tubes hanging out.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Excellent news! I don't think even the most foolish of superiors would try to put him to work with drain tubes hanging out.
sadly one can never go wrong overestimating the stupidity of some
BUT if whoever were to try doing this I am willing to bet the doctors would raise hell about it

Rayman70

Reaction score
sadly one can never go wrong overestimating the stupidity of some
BUT if whoever were to try doing this I am willing to bet the doctors would raise hell about it
you bet. The Doctors were livid last time when they found out they sent him back to work via force several weeks early against their orders. I imagine the doctors would have a shiet fit if they tried it again. I told my son to disobey if need be. His life is at stake.

gtb1943

Reaction score
you bet. The Doctors were livid last time when they found out they sent him back to work via force several weeks early against their orders. I imagine the doctors would have a shiet fit if they tried it again. I told my son to disobey if need be. His life is at stake.
ABSOLUTELY
any order returning him to duty despite doctors objection is NOT A LAWFUL ORDER