Updated Draft Order as of 12/26

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mickgreen58 said:
See, I cannot take Bill's word for that judging by what happened to Peterman and Jacobs.

Also, he bragged heavily on Delroy and Willie and they didnt turn out so hot.

I just dont see why he is so scared to draft a Tackle. Yes, it is not sexy and glamourous, but it is holding us hostage at the moment, with or without Flozell Adams.

I really dont know how the Braintrust can justify picking a Linebacker over a OT, unless Parcells thinks this draft is OT deep.

Nobody should be comfortable with Petitti and Tucker coming back. Tucker has had all the opportunity in the world.

I have defended Petitti to the death on this board but I am really starting to move over into Rack's camp.

I mean...my GOSH...a false start on a QB sneak on 3rd and inches....I still cant believe he did that Sunday.

Mike you may not want to take Parcell's word on o-lineman but my friend that's who's calling the shots.

I think it could be a very debatable argument on who would perform better for this team in 2006... a rookie draft pick taken in round 1 or Petitti entering his second year, with a offseason dedicated to getting better? I've seen a lot of 1st round OT's fail in this league... We've got one about 70 miles north of me in Buffalo, NY. At this point, Rob Petitti is a better player than Mike Williams. And there are many more like Williams out there.

If Rob Petitti cut his sacks allowed and penalties in half would that make him a decent RT? I think it would and I think that's a very reasonable expectation going into next season.

And that's why you won't see a OT drafted in the first round.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
At this point, Rob Petitti is a better player than Mike Williams.

Williams has done terribly and lost his job. But I don't think there are many General Managers in this league that would judge Petitti in a better light, at least not significantly.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Alexander said:
Williams has done terribly and lost his job. But I don't think there are many General Managers in this league that would judge Petitti in a better light, at least not significantly.

Significantly? No, not at all. But at least in my opinion Rob is the better player at this point... for whatever the hell that's worth. :)

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Significantly? No, not at all. But at least in my opinion Rob is the better player at this point... for whatever the hell that's worth. :)

You just hate Buffalo Bills.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yeah, I have not given up on Petitti, but Mikey, do you really think Petitti is progressing?

I really dont think he is progressing all that much. I wish like heck he could be the future and he played well early in the season but he is making too many mistakes and I dont know if there is a difference between the first half of the second and the second half.

Man we will see, but Parcells has really whiffed on OL picks.

I just dont want to see that position hold us hostage in 2006 when we could have picked a 1st Rounder (whether that pick is good are not dont know, but you gotta go with the guys that think he deserves to be a first rounder).

- Mike G.