Twitter: Updated MVP Odds

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Won’t get many replies. Your facts don’t fit the narrative and a stupid narrative at that.
No one is saying Purdy sucks... there are other facts, like how much would SF gameplan change if they had to play QB2.. no doubt Purdy is better but what does the SF offense ask him to do? it doesnt have to be one or the other there can be truths on both sides..

Nav22

Reaction score
And here's the final graphic for you: :eek:

2022-01-28-14.png
It's funny that you think it's a bad thing for a QB to put his receivers in position to generate YAC.

Mahomes is #2 on that list, so that's a glaring indictment on him too, right?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Really so are you claiming that Andy Reed that coaching staff the general manager and the owner allowed they're great and wonderful quarterback to be left alone without talent are you saying that they didn't make the trades the last two years to make their team better instead they got rid of some of their best players and left their quarterback on an island and say go do it yourself???

Isn't that what this place says Jerry's the only GM on a playoff caliber team it doesn't make moves in order to make the team better at the trade deadline or even in the offseason I'll in fact go back and say look at last year the Kansas City Chiefs won the Super bowl with using a running back and a wide receiver by committee and did it and I think they thought it can happen again and it's not happening they in fact got worse not better...

So let's be honest here don't act like Jerry Jones the GM who shouldn't be the GM who long time ago should have fired himself is the only one who does this at least he went and got amari Cooper in 2018 much like what the Eagles did with A.J. Brown last year but what have the chiefs the mighty chiefs and the mighty team the strong head coach and the smart GM what exactly have they done the last two years to make their team better?? A seventh round running back and a wide receiver by committee..hmm

sound familiar??
So because the Chiefs are struggling with their receivers this year it justifies Jerry as a GM?

Did Jerry get to 3 Super Bowls and 5 AFC Championships lately?

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one is saying Purdy sucks... there are other facts, like how much would SF gameplan change if they had to play QB2.. no doubt Purdy is better but what does the SF offense ask him to do? it doesnt have to be one or the other there can be truths on both sides..
The narrative from several in this thread is talking about or liking the notion that he is feeding off short throws with yards after catch. For those that cite that from the Philly game, cool. For others that are trying to use it as an overall story on Purdy, the thought is disproven in this thread by @Nav22 in his post. That is where I’m coming from.

But let’s be real, if folks feel SF and Philly are the competition, they will say they are overrated and get too much love. If Hurts and Purdy are competition for Dak, they do the same. Zero objectivity from many here. Not most but many. It’s like a bunch of 5 year olds with a keyboard.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dak is the MVP candidate of the Cowboys team, not the whole NFL, that is the way I see it. Put Dak on the worst team in the NFL and see if he can duplicate his strong play like he has this season. The team has made Dak a candidate for MVP. So, lover boy, do you think if Dak were to go to the worst team in the NFL he would produce the same results. Ot does that even matter to you.
Insanely stupid take.

Is that the criteria for MVP now? "How would he do on the worst team in football?"

Provide us a list of QBs who would thrive on the worst team in football.

Dak has you in shambles. Yikes. He's ruining you.
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I hope Purdy wins the MVP.

It will help us.

He's on a 7th round rookie contract...essentially letting them field the best non QB players in the league... and if that little pip squeak wins MVP he will demand such a large contract, they won't have that same advantage over every team after that....and then we'll see how good he is with a regular team around him.

Him winning....only helps us (obviously it would be great if he started playing horribly and that caused him to not win...but if that's not an option then the next best thing is for him to win it. the worst thing would be for him to continue playing "great", and have someone else win it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The narrative from several in this thread is talking about or liking the notion that he is feeding off short throws with yards after catch. For those that cite that from the Philly game, cool. For others that are trying to use it as an overall story on Purdy, the thought is disproven in this thread by @Nav22 in his post. That is where I’m coming from.

But let’s be real, if folks feel SF and Philly are the competition, they will say they are overrated and get too much love. If Hurts and Purdy are competition for Dak, they do the same. Zero objectivity from many here. Not most but many. It’s like a bunch of 5 year olds with a keyboard.
Im mean im gonna say they both suck and maybe that is from being a fan when i was five hearing my parents say the same thing about all SF/Philthy players......Purdy does whats asked of him and depending on THAT he may be ok or sometimes he is in way over his head...

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I don’t buy the whole 5 seed disqualifies Dak argument. Dallas has 3 losses, which is tied for the second best record in the league, and will be tied for best if they beat Philly. There’s gonna be a 10-loss 4 seed out of the NFC South. Is their QB more qualified than Dak?

Brock and Dak have the best combo of individual stats and team success. Tua is next best. Out of them, Dak has the least to work with, since Hill and CMC are the OPOY front runners.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im mean im gonna say they both suck and maybe that is from being a fan when i was five hearing my parents say the same thing about all SF/Philthy players......Purdy does whats asked of him and depending on THAT he may be ok or sometimes he is in way over his head...
Truth be told we’ve defended Dak in this forum for almost exactly the reasons we are critical of Purdy. All debate is good debate when there can be at least a little objectivity. It’s a Cowboys forum so I get homerism, even fanaticism. It just feels like I’ve overdosed listening to the fragility of posters defending the team, Dak, biased refs, Evil Goodell, schedule-makers, the media, and everything else I’ve left out. I’ll end with Cowboys over Philly by dub digits Sunday night.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So because the Chiefs are struggling with their receivers this year it justifies Jerry as a GM?

Did Jerry get to 3 Super Bowls and 5 AFC Championships lately?
First of all , Jerry doesn't need justification..not from common fans nope..

I'm just reminding folks that there are other GM's out there that don't fill their team with talent and get every single player that becomes available that the fans seem to covet and beg for and thank the good Lord for that,

because the fans got their way we would have guys like Eric Berry Jamal Adams and Earl Thomas on this team just to name a few that's just that safety but there's at least a dozen a year that people have begged for but you are fans for a reason, you are not at GM, he is actually a very good GM...

you may not like his take on things what he says in the public you may not like that he doesn't go all in like the Rams or the Eagles at times but I'm telling you right now this is how it works for most teams they don't make moves all the time they're not out scraping the bottom of the barrel bringing in players year round like the Eagles which by the way doesn't work most of the time...

Jerry's a good enough GM that he constantly puts enough talent on this team then if the players executed, & the coaches did their jobs, we'd already had a Super Bowl...​
you can't have this many winning seasons without an NFC championship game because we didn't get stocked with talent, that's the point,​
y'all are some bad really bad evaluators of GM's and the way you think teams are supposed to be ran and you think Jerry is some kind of outlaw because he decided he wanted to be the GM "By title"... We all know he's only the GM and title every year for the last 10 years and especially the last five will McClay is actually the GM, you can say otherwise but I'm telling you that is how they are running things at the star, it's by a group it is a GM by committee pretty much how it is ran at all other teams except for title Jerry has a title Jerry likes to talk in public...​
so Jerry gets blasted and I'm telling you this just shows that teams make tough decisions they can't always stock up and fill every single damn weakness & need on a team with a new player!!​
you think the team needs to be 3 deep with talent at every position and that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on these social media outlets, including here every time there's a weak point on an offensive line a defensive line in the backfield wherever it is y'all think it could be filled easily you think the talent that's available at trade deadlines and that are cut from teams are actually better than what it's already on our current team...​

Nope, he doesn't need justification... I'm just reminding folks here that they are wrong 99% of the time and that opinions and social media &forums does not make you an experts, opinions that are said in hindsight or your wild guessing on what should happens during trades, offseason moves, & the draft are just dumb luck...

Those fake Internet GM's and coaches around here that think they know things because they could say it out loud it doesn't make it true and I'm just pointing out that the chiefs are supposed to be a great organization and for two straight years they have jettison talent and have not restocked it in fact they've dropped considerably this year, and it happens...

No but Jerry did get the three Super Bowls in the 90s it took the KCC 51 years to get it back right, that's twice as long as the dumb narratives in here you got that so it takes some time there are more droughts that are bigger and larger than Jerry's going through and at least he already had the three titles while waiting on another we still have more than the chiefs you got that I mean maybe you forget that it's going to take some time....

Your expectations and disappointments don't make a fact that's your own fault for thinking things should be ran a different way and that they could have been already resolved by now and blame Jerry for being a poor GM for our lack of championships or NFC championship games and I'm telling you I watched the games talent has dropped the balls bobbled snaps had referees get involved there are a lot of reasons teams don't make it back to championships for quite a long time because you have to hit things just right and have them all go your way at the right moment and we haven't had our moment yet but it's coming....

Again I'm reminding folks this happens on other organizations many times it's pretty much the norm but people salivate over what the Rams and Eagles do when 99% of the rest of the league do it like Jerry does it's very rare to make big trades that actually change your organization or big moves or be able to find talent that's so deep it could cover every weakness it is not how it works....