Twitter: Updated MVP Odds

Nav22

Reaction score
ROFL. Good stuff, my man.

Garoppolo and Kaepernick made the Super Bowl. Purdy took over for Garoppolo who made 1 Super Bowl and another NFC Championship game, so Jimmy was already getting the Niners to deep postseason runs. Purdy taking over for Jimmy is the same thing as Mac Jones taking over for Tua or Hurts in Alabama. It makes no difference, because 49ers are the Bama of the NFL. Quarterback is disposable.

3 of his TDs yesterday were YAC TDs. 6 yard passes went for 30 or 40 yards because McCaffrey or Samuel or Kittle had so much room to run. Even on First Things First they talked about how none of his passes yesterday were over 16 air yards but he ended up with 300 yards passing probably 200 of those YACs and 4 TDs - only 1 wasn't Samuel or McCaffrey running 40 yards to paydirt.

This guy has no arm, can't throw deep, without just one of his weapons look like doggie poop. Without one linemen you can forget it. Once the 49ers' roster declines, do we honestly believe this guy will will them to consistently above .500 records or is he just gonna get run out of town like Kaepernick?

I can't wait till this bum gets shipped to Cleveland just like his buddy Jimmy.

Signed, your biggest Purdy hater.
Sorry, but this is absurd.

"SF quarterback is disposable"

Um, Jimmy and Kaepernick were never even close to this good. Jimmy was producing at an average level while the rest of the team was dominant.... that's not even close to what's happening with SF and Purdy now. Trey Lance looked lost the few times he actually got to play there, and he was a #3 overall pick.

As for YAC, the QB's #1 job is to make the correct decision with the football. Period. If that means get your weapons the ball in space, you do it. If that means throwing deep, you do it.

Purdy has been making decisions at an elite level.

He also leads all NFL starters in air yards per attempt (which kills the notion that all he does is throw short)...

And finally, to completely kill your "but he gets YAC so he can't be MVP" argument......

ICP

Reaction score
He's Purdy stupid looking in that picture

Yobwocs

Reaction score

Um, Jimmy and Kaepernick were never even close to this good. Jimmy was producing at an average level while the rest of the team was dominant.... that's not even close to what's happening with SF and Purdy now. Trey Lance looked lost the few times he actually got to play there, and he was a #3 overall pick.

As for YAC, the QB's #1 job is to make the correct decision with the football. Period. If that means get your weapons the ball in space, you do it. If that means throwing deep, you do it.

He also leads all NFL starters in air yards per attempt (which kills the notion that all he does is throw short)...

And finally, to completely kill your "but he gets YAC so he can't be MVP" argument......

Here's a graphic for you.... since you like graphics.

Purdy's passing chart against Philly. 0 attempts over 16 yards. One can assume that's how far he can throw.

2022-01-28-13.png

Nav22

Reaction score

Purdy's passing chart against Philly. 0 attempts over 16 yards. One can assume that's how far he can throw.

2022-01-28-13.png
"One can assume that's how far he can throw"

Um, maybe if you live in a cave and never watched him play before Sunday.

What part of "leads all starters in air yards/attempt" isn't sinking in?

In any event, it's cute how you value "arm strength" over actual production.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Gotta love the "i don't care" people who invest more times in the threads then people who "care" lol.
And, I still don't care. See, I'm a Cowboy fan, not a Dak fan. You can give him all your love and the MVP. I want a SB, you want Dak to have a participation award. See, it's really not about football.

DFWJC

Reaction score

2022-01-28-13.png
That was one game.

I don't think he'll win MVP but come on, he's very high in the league in AIR YARDS this season, besides being so accurate and efficient.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Mahomes i still the single best QB in the league but he's showing that even the best can't overcome garbage at the WR position.
Really so are you claiming that Andy Reed that coaching staff the general manager and the owner allowed they're great and wonderful quarterback to be left alone without talent are you saying that they didn't make the trades the last two years to make their team better instead they got rid of some of their best players and left their quarterback on an island and say go do it yourself???

Isn't that what this place says Jerry's the only GM on a playoff caliber team it doesn't make moves in order to make the team better at the trade deadline or even in the offseason I'll in fact go back and say look at last year the Kansas City Chiefs won the Super bowl with using a running back and a wide receiver by committee and did it and I think they thought it can happen again and it's not happening they in fact got worse not better...

So let's be honest here don't act like Jerry Jones the GM who shouldn't be the GM who long time ago should have fired himself is the only one who does this at least he went and got amari Cooper in 2018 much like what the Eagles did with A.J. Brown last year but what have the chiefs the mighty chiefs and the mighty team the strong head coach and the smart GM what exactly have they done the last two years to make their team better?? A seventh round running back and a wide receiver by committee..hmm

sound familiar??

blueblood70

Reaction score
I really don't get involved and care much for the MVP I really don't however

my list is Purdy, Hill , & Dak at the moment. Its fluid and can change weekly. We all know other quarterbacks are gonna take votes you have to add in Mahomes, Lamar Jackson and even jalen hurts I know as much as it pains people around here they're gonna steal votes from somebody and then on the outside looking in probably not going to happen with CJ Stroud should at least get some mentions honorable mention rookie of the year for sure but he's playing pretty well... Some would say with less

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And, I still don't care. See, I'm a Cowboy fan, not a Dak fan. You can give him all your love and the MVP. I want a SB, you want Dak to have a participation award. See, it's really not about football.
MVP is not a participation award. The fact you don’t see any correlation in winning and having a MVP….you just are lost.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
MVP is not a participation award. The fact you don’t see any correlation in winning and having a MVP….you just are lost.
Dak is the MVP candidate of the Cowboys team, not the whole NFL, that is the way I see it. Put Dak on the worst team in the NFL and see if he can duplicate his strong play like he has this season. The team has made Dak a candidate for MVP. So, lover boy, do you think if Dak were to go to the worst team in the NFL he would produce the same results. Ot does that even matter to you.

Last edited:

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Won’t get many replies. Your facts don’t fit the narrative and a stupid narrative at that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak is the MVP candidate of the Cowboys team, not the whole NFL, that is the way I see it. Put Dak on the worst team in the NFL and see if he can duplicate his strong play like he has this season. The team has made Dak a candidate for MVP. So, lover boy, do you think if Dak were to go to the worst team in the NFL he would produce the same results. Ot does that even matter to you.
You put anybody on the worst team in the NFL they will suck why do you think that’s only Dak?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You put anybody on the worst team in the NFL they will suck why do you think that’s only Dak?
You are right, that is why I think the MVP award is nothing more than a oatmeal cookie. It means nothing in the long run. Like I already said, you can have 14 MVP's (if that was even possible) on the Cowboy team, but if they don't win the big prize, what does it mean? It means nothing. You think Dak would be in consideration if he was on a bad team? Hell no...and you know it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You are right, that is why I think the MVP award is nothing more than an oatmeal cookie. It means nothing in the long run. Like I already said, you can have 14 MVP's (if that was even possible) on the Cowboy team, but if they don't win the big prize, what does it mean? It means nothing. You think Dak would be in consideration if he was on a bad team? Hell no...and you know it.
The award is given to one of the best players on one of the best teams. If you have one of the best players in the league you typically go rather far.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's bananas. To me it's Tyreek and really not even close. You remove him legit the next biggest weapon that team has is McDaniel, their coach, calling plays that are innovative.

San Francisco HAS ALREADY shown they are dominant without Purdy, he's just the icing. AGAIN - I think Purdy is an excellent QB. I don't think he is the MVP.
Hard to argue this, Tyreek is the Dolphins game changer, but Dak is way closer to that for the Cowboys than Hurtz or Purdy for thier team...Meh win the games in front of you and take the trophy that really matters!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

2022-01-28-13.png
They were killing Philly. Why would they even have to throw passes, let alone deep ones?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s nice recognition, particularly when he and his representation have to negotiate a contract after the season. And he certainly has earned consideration.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
It’s nice recognition, particularly when he and his representation have to negotiate a contract after the season. And he certainly has earned consideration.
No, its a phoney award is what it is. Without the team around him he would not be considered. Now The Man Of The Year Award or whatever it's called, yes he earned that with his community support because he did it by himself, not having to rely on others to prop is butt up.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
"One can assume that's how far he can throw"

Um, maybe if you live in a cave and never watched him play before Sunday.

What part of "leads all starters in air yards/attempt" isn't sinking in?

In any event, it's cute how you value "arm strength" over actual production.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And here's the final graphic for you: :eek:

2022-01-28-14.png

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Purdy is doing well, but he has a better o-line and certainly a better running game than Dak does.

Dak doing more with less. The problem is the Cowboys are probably locked into the 5 seed and no MVP is going to come from that.