News: Updates: Michael Gallup Discusses His Progress

speedkilz88

Reaction score
2:11 p.m. – Michael Gallup isn't putting a timetable on his return to practice and game action.

"That's all up to the trainers," he said at last week's Season Kickoff Event.

"I'm back to running routes now, actually getting to catch balls now," he said. "There's not a whole lot more I've really got to do."

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We will know for sure, if he is left on PUP or activated to the 53 come tomorrow. And even if he is, he may still miss 4 games.
They just won’t have to go through all the procedures of activating him and releasing a player.

CowboyChris

Reaction score

"I'm back to running routes now, actually getting to catch balls now," he said. "There's not a whole lot more I've really got to do."
that’s actually good news, I think Gallup is our best WR

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
2:11 p.m. – Michael Gallup isn't putting a timetable on his return to practice and game action.

Sounds positive to me, see ya soon Gallup!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm reasonably sure the trainers are subject to what the doctors think as well as what the trainers do. Nobody knows what they might say until the time comes for Michael Gallup to get their approval. Fortunately, his progress has been very impressive.

Hopefully, his return will come sooner than later. Until then, the offense will get by with what it has available. They'd surely be doing Michael Gallup a disservice if they rushed his return before he's totally prepared to withstand the rigors of the job. I'll look forward to his return whenever it occurs.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
I'm reasonably sure the trainers are subject to what the doctors think as well as what the trainers do. Nobody knows what they might say until the time comes for Michael Gallup to get their approval. Fortunately, his progress has been very impressive.

Hopefully, his return will come sooner than later. Until then, the offense will get by with what it has available. They'd surely be doing Michael Gallup a disservice if they rushed his return before he's totally prepared to withstand the rigors of the job.

Frankly I'm shocked he's not going to be shelved until November based on all the Dr opinions I have read or heard out there....it hasn't even been 9 months yet since the injury and most take 11 to 12 months to fully come back from...sounds like 10 is fast and 9 is nearly unheard of.

What is making it faster for him I wonder or is he still 6 to 8 weeks out?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Frankly I'm shocked he's not going to be shelved until November based on all the Dr opinions I have read or heard out there....it hasn't even been 9 months yet since the injury and most take 11 to 12 months to fully come back from...sounds like 10 is fast and 9 is nearly unheard of.

If I had to venture a guess, I think it might be about four weeks into the season. It seems like they're very optimistic that it will be sooner than what was originally expected. I'm guessing the tests will be a crucial factor in arriving at a decision. If it's sooner, so much the better. The docs and trainers might likely choose to err on the side of caution, however. He's already been working out with the team, to some extent, with no negative results. :)

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score

I wonder if the doctor who did his surgery used the middle 3rd of the patella, a piece of his hamstring or cadaver. The first takes the longest, and is the strongest and the last would be the quickest but most likely to fail.

shabazz

Reaction score
Weird he said trainers. All the Eagle trolls here told me that Jerry decides when he plays. Hmm.

I don’t think we’ve accomplished enough here in the last quarter century to merit have all these “Eagle Trolls” you speak of………it’s mostly dissatisfied fans instead.