News: Updates: Michael Gallup Discusses His Progress

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If he makes it back in September that would be amazing. Most ACL injuries take a year unless you are Adrian Peterson. It looks like Chase Young will take a year just to practice. Hopefully they are not rushing him back to fast.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Meh...Week 6-8 closer to November.
Is it time to start looking at MG as injury prone? He's been hurt a lot the past 2 seasons.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
2:11 p.m. – Michael Gallup isn't putting a timetable on his return to practice and game action.

"That's all up to the trainers," he said at last week's Season Kickoff Event.

"I'm back to running routes now, actually getting to catch balls now," he said. "There's not a whole lot more I've really got to do."
He probably ends up on PUP.....misses 6 weeks.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Frankly I'm shocked he's not going to be shelved until November based on all the Dr opinions I have read or heard out there....it hasn't even been 9 months yet since the injury and most take 11 to 12 months to fully come back from...sounds like 10 is fast and 9 is nearly unheard of.

What is making it faster for him I wonder or is he still 6 to 8 weeks out?

He had surgery in February. September would be 7 months which is WAY too fast, basically unheard of. October would by 8 months which is fast but not unprecedented. November/December is the more likely timeline.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I don’t think we’ve accomplished enough here in the last quarter century to merit have all these “Eagle Trolls” you speak of………it’s mostly dissatisfied fans instead.

So it appears I accidentally complimented them. Was not my intentions. Whoops.

Sydla

Reaction score
not on pup from what ive read.

It's clear Jerry thinks he's ready to play from his interview today. So they appear to be adding him to the 53 and just assume he'll be ready by Week 2 or 3.

Problem is, the Cowboys always seem to overestimate how quickly these guys come back from injuries. Jerry is claiming Tyron will also likely be back sooner than thought.

Jipper

Reaction score
He had surgery in February. September would be 7 months which is WAY too fast, basically unheard of. October would by 8 months which is fast but not unprecedented. November/December is the more likely timeline.

yeah that was my point, i dont see how hes going to be back before week 5 based on everything i have read on the injury and return. If they start him on the roster, then move him to the IR and end up dropping a player that gets snagged by someone else (aka bad roster managment) it is going to be frustrating

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's clear Jerry thinks he's ready to play from his interview today. So they appear to be adding him to the 53 and just assume he'll be ready by Week 2 or 3.

Problem is, the Cowboys always seem to overestimate how quickly these guys come back from injuries. Jerry is claiming Tyron will also likely be back sooner than thought.

Yes, I been saying this for years.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah that was my point, i dont see how hes going to be back before week 5 based on everything i have read on the injury and return. If they start him on the roster, then move him to the IR and end up dropping a player that gets snagged by someone else (aka bad roster managment) it is going to be frustrating

They don't need to move him to IR, they can just keep him on PUP. It is a minimum of 4 games either way.
I know what you are saying, but I don't think these guys are even that dumb....well, then again...:laugh:

Jipper

Reaction score
They don't need to move him to IR, they can just keep him on PUP. It is a minimum of 4 games either way.
I know what you are saying, but I don't think these guys are even that dumb....well, then again...:laugh:

I unfortunately think they might be just that dumb!....that's what i am worried about honestly

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL, they are being conservative but he could start week one?

Basically, Jerry is defending his decision to not get any more WRs here. What's going to likely happen is that when week 4 rolls around, they'll still be "conservative" with him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dr. Jerry has confirmed to Coach Jerry that Gallup could play if the league would do him a solid and just put the Cowboys in the Super Bowl in week one.
Not any different the year TO played for the eagles and wasn't 100% but given it was the SB he came back early and actually played well for not being 100% off a broken leg..that was his point, got it yet,,saying hes that close he could pay in a more meaningful game.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not any different the year TO played for the eagles and wasn't 100% but given it was the SB he came back early and actually played well for not being 100% off a broken leg..that was his point, got it yet,,saying hes that close he could pay in a more meaningful game.

:rolleyes:

You must be a blast at parties.