News: Updates: New WR Gets "Awesome" Review From OC

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Hey, I want the kid to feel welcome, and I want those who want hope for Dallas to feel the kid can be great.

But he's awesome based on what? A great attitude, being in shape and running around on a practice field in shorts and t-shirt?

Whoopee.

I'm sorry, there's only just a few Jerry Rices out there (small school receivers that turn into HOF'ers). Can we hold off on putting the kid on the All Pro roster for at least a few games?

reddyuta

Reaction score
I like Tolbert, but his skillset screams #2/redzone threat. He's unlikely to be able to create separation due to lack of explosiveness.

i see the opposite.he seems like a YAC guy and deep threat to me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Guess we'll have to see on that one!!! From what I'm reading, Tolbert is not a good route runner. I still like him as a player, though!!!
Combine numbers rarely tell the whole story. For my money, Gallup outplays his measurables when he's on the field. Hopefully Tolbert does too!

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watching? How about finding out what trusted experts have to say? What about thinking about what you type before acting like you're some sort of expert? How about having an actual discussion instead of barging in w/ some hoopla and hysteria?
How about eating a gummy and calming the Hell down??? :laugh:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Wow, how ironic! I had just made the same points myself to @Risen Star on a thread of his.

Jalen Tolbert is showing already how serious he is and wants to prove himself.
:thumbup:
IMHO, all WRs on this roster have a chance to be relevant and starting early.
Its wide open, CD probably being the only anointed WR1 at this point.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well he hasnt played a down in a PS game much less a real game and kellen is saying he is awesome ?
He might be but IMO you dont say that or let him know that, Tell him he is doing ok , but needs to work harder.
That is why dallas has a weak culture. Guys become stars in TC lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's one of those things where at least it's not bad news. You don't have to believe the hype, but I'd rather hype than what came out about Burks.
2 things I wonder, was burks coming off injury which would not let him work out, and or did the team not check his work ethic and character??

Flamma

Reaction score
2 things I wonder, was burks coming off injury which would not let him work out, and or did the team not check his work ethic and character??

Either way, I could never understand how a 22 year old athlete could get winded so quickly. I never understood it when I was that age, still don't to this day. I guess today there is a lot of other stuff to occupy you than years ago when sports was a 24/7 thing.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Either way, I could never understand how a 22 year old athlete could get winded so quickly. I never understood it when I was that age, still don't to this day. I guess today there is a lot of other stuff to occupy you than years ago when sports was a 24/7 thing.
well not doing anything for like 4 months, and maybe hitting the bong too much could account for that happening.
Sounds like they got a loser with that guy.
I see people here say it should be ok for these guys to smoke pot, but lol they are athletes ! smoking anything is not good for what they
need to do at their job.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The last R3 WR they almost took in round 2 was Michael Gallup.
Truth is you can get a really good WR in round 3 every year.
Love the model McClay is using to draft.

And you can get a bunch of bad ones, too. Hopefully, we found the really good one instead of the several bad or just OK ones.

Flamma

Reaction score
well not doing anything for like 4 months, and maybe hitting the bong too much could account for that happening.
Sounds like they got a loser with that guy.
I see people here say it should be ok for these guys to smoke pot, but lol they are athletes ! smoking anything is not good for what they
need to do at their job.

You're probably right. Just lazing around a few months I guess could do it. They'll probably get him into shape. I'm just glad it's not the one we drafted.

I think when people say they should be able to smoke pot, I think they mean without penalty, or don't even test for it. Most jobs I know that don't require you to drive company vehicles or operate heavy equipment don't have random drug tests. But it's probably not good for athletes.