Upon Further Review we beat ourselves against the Giants

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
First game against the Giants:

We had too many field goals. I believe that we got too predictable in the red zone and weren't aggressive enough in trying to score.
Lastly, Williams should have gone out of bounds of course. Thats his fault.
All in all, the Giants didn't beat us. We beat ourselves and we had every chance to win.
I blame the coaches on this one. They seem to get too conservative in the redzone. Plus this was Prescott's and Elliott's first real NFL game.

Second game against the Giants:

Bad night for Prescott which is probably his worst game of the season. I think this has to do with him trying to force the ball to Bryant and get him going. This game I wish they would have played a spread offense and force the Giant's to defend the entire field. Yet it seems we went to much max protection instead.

I feel the weather also contributed heavily to the lost. If thats the case, we should have ran the ball more. Elliott had a good game. But yet we kept trying to pass the ball running deep routes which I felt was the worst way to beat the Giants defense.

I blame this game on Prescott. But you can't really blame him. I also blame it on Dez. It seems he wanted the ball. Instead we should have just relied on the run more and the short and quick passes.

Most of all, the blame goes towards the coaches in both losses. We were moving the ball and we let the momentum slips thru fingertips. There is no excuse for that.

Lastly, I want to end that the Giants do not have our number. They are not the better team. We should not have lost both games and they do not have a formula in knowing how to beat us. What they have is better coaching. I hope and pray that this season we can give them a beating that they deserve. Because they are losers.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys have been the best team in the nfl at beating themselves for many many years now!

That is what happens when the head coach is a puppet who literally does nothing except for mismanage the clock every 3-4 games.

Both games against the Giants lacked any type of creativity. As the op said, those long drawn out routes were an awful way to go about it.

I don't really blame Linehan as much as Garrett

sbark

Reaction score
I watched those games on all 22. We had piss poor offensive game planning vs NY. They didn't do anything special besides stop the run. We should've passed more on early downs instead of forcing the run.
..........play action, they were biting hard on showing anything to Zeke 1st down--Safety coming hard. Rico up the seam .

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is what happens when the head coach is a puppet who literally does nothing except for mismanage the clock every 3-4 games.

Both games against the Giants lacked any type of creativity. As the op said, those long drawn out routes were an awful way to go about it.

You don't blame the OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR who calls the plays as much as you blame the COACH? Gotcha #logic

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I give NY credit. They were the only team whose D shut down our run game with their front 7.

We grew very confident in our ability to run the ball-- and when that was mitigated, we failed to adjust.

That said-- neither loss was a blowout and we easily could have won both games, but make no mistake: NY took us out of our gameplan and we failed to effectively counter.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I believe the coaches will have a better handle on how to matchup with them this season:

His name is Ryan Switzer lol. He and Beasley in the slot will put the Giants in a tough spot when we go 4 wide.

They love going one on one against our WRs-- but they just don't have the depth to take all of our weapons away.

Short to intermediate passes will back off their aggressiveness against the run.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
While Williams made a mistake it did not cost them the game. They got beat by the better team on those given Sundays, twice....end of story time to move on.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
I watched those games on all 22. We had piss poor offensive game planning vs NY. They didn't do anything special besides stop the run. We should've passed more on early downs instead of forcing the run.
I bolded the common issue with Red as the head coach...big games=not being prepared.

Bizwah

Reaction score
NY didn't shut down the running game in game two. Zeke had over 100 yards. We shut it down. Zeke would have a couple of good runs, then we would stop running him.

How many times was Zeke in on third down? We kept subbing him out. He was our only offense that game.

shabazz

Reaction score

So he's a mismanaging puppet when we lose but receives no credit when his team wins 13 games

No wonder fans of other teams think our fan base is a joke

robjay04

Reaction score
I give NY credit. They were the only team whose D shut down our run game with their front 7.

We grew very confident in our ability to run the ball-- and when that was mitigated, we failed to adjust.

That said-- neither loss was a blowout and we easily could have won both games, but make no mistake: NY took us out of our gameplan and we failed to effectively counter.

We ran the ball fine game 2.

I was at the stadium and many Giant fans were nervous halftime because Zeke was running so well and then we got away from it.