Video: Urban Meyer Be Open To Cowboys HG Job.Talks L Riley

aria

Reaction score
I don’t think that either holds anything against the other because of that one incident, although we can’t be sure.

I do know that Elliott has said multiple times that he loves Meyer and that he was the reason he went to OSU.
Yeah, I’m sure it’s all water under the bridge and I think Meyer would be a good fit.

JBond

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, didn’t Parcells say to the media that he’d like to coach in Dallas, then when Jerry heard that Bill had said that, Jerry became interested in Bill? With it ending with Parcells as the HC in Dallas?

It seems like I remember that.
I remember a meeting on a private plane. I also remember Quincy Carter.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’m not against Meyer, IMOF I brought up his name a few weeks ago as a better pick than Riley. I was just saying, Zeke didn’t endorse him after the Michigan State game, just another example of Zeke being the spoiled diva he is. He may have been right but you never throw your coaches or teammates under the bus publicly.
I too would rather have Meyer than Riley as the Dallas HC. I like Riley a lot, but I love, love, love Meyer.

That dude would win and win big in Dallas.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I remember a meeting on a private plane. I also remember Quincy Carter.
Right, but that meeting took place after Bill had said to someone in the media that he’d like to coach the Cowboys. Which is what had made Jerry interested to begin with.

At least that is what I remember... but it was a long time ago, so I’m asking if I remember correctly.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’d take Meyer as the HC in Dallas in a heartbeat. A heartbeat.

He is made to be a HC and run the show. Good Lord he’d be so good in Dallas.

You know Elliott would endorse him wholeheartedly. Zeke went to OSU 100% because of Meyer. If Jerry asks his opinion, we know what he’ll say.

Totally agree! That’s my short list in fact.....Meyer, Riley, or Dabo. I don’t want anyone from the NFL.

JBond

Reaction score
Right, but that meeting took place after Bill had said to someone in the media that he’d like to coach the Cowboys. Which is what had made Jerry interested to begin with.

At least that is what I remember... but it was a long time ago, so I’m asking if I remember correctly.
I have mentioned this story before, but in high school I used to work out every morning at a health club in Ramsey NJ. Part of our after workout group was Judy Parcels. My Dad and the rest of group engaged in conversation. I sat drinking my smoothie listening. You could not drive a tank through Bill Parcels ego. I expect many high achievers are the same.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He didn’t endorse him too much after they lost to Michigan State when he publicly threw him under the bus and criticized his coaching. Of course, it got swept under the rug after he apologized...why is it Zeke is always apologizing for something?
Because he's a nice kid.

aria

Reaction score
I too would rather have Meyer than Riley as the Dallas HC. I like Riley a lot, but I love, love, love Meyer.

That dude would win and win big in Dallas.
I can’t say I love the guy, he’s a little shady and slimy to me but I like his overall resume much more than Riley so I would rather have him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, didn’t Parcells say to the media that he’d like to coach in Dallas, then when Jerry heard that Bill had said that, Jerry became interested in Bill? With it ending with Parcells as the HC in Dallas?

It seems like I remember that.

I think the Parcells, Jones discussions started with Pat Summerall.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Thank you for answering. And when Jones heard that Bill was interested in Dallas... he became interested in Bill, correct?

Correct, I believe that is how it went, more or less. There may have been some back and fourth, with both parties and Summerall, but I don't recall all the details on that one.

Not as young as I used to be Brother....... :laugh:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Correct, I believe that is how it went, more or less. There may have been some back and fourth, with both parties and Summerall, but I don't recall all the details on that one.

Not as young as I used to be Brother....... :laugh:
:laugh:

I hear ya!

I just wanted to make sure that I remembered it correctly that Jerry wasn’t even thinking about Parcells until Bill said publicly that he was interested in the Dallas job.

Perhaps Meyer officially saying that he would coach in Dallas will get Jerry’s attention and make him consider UM.

It would be one hell of a hire.