USA today releases their 2024 NFL team record projections

75boyz

Reaction score
AFC North teams are a physical group plus the first place schedule guys like the 49ers and Detroit.
"Maybe" the bottom feeding Giants and Commanders have possibly closed the gap to steal one from us but I won't know 'til I see their teams perform this year.

I'm about the same with this at 9-8 or 8-9. Shrugs.

jmo

JBS

Reaction score
Yeah the people in here who are bashing these predictions are so much smarter than this guy

Not

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’ve never been good at projecting records but I could see 8 wins or 12. It’s even harder this year because we have so many unknowns. If those unknowns do well we could do well. But a lot of young players are gonna have to play some really good football and that’s a lot to depend on
No I agree. If you told me we won 12 games I wouldn’t be shocked. If we won 8? Not shocked either.

plymkr

Reaction score
If we have no injuries I’m predicting 7 win on the low end, if we play well I’m predicting 10 wins. If we have major injuries I’m predicting 5 wins.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
The AFC North is overrated. The Ravens lost as many if not more players then the Cowboys did in free agency and their big free agent is an old running back. The Browns were embarrassed in the playoffs just like us. The Bengals are still living off that Super Bowl run 3 years ago and lost to Cooper Rush the last time they played in Dallas. Finally the Steelers don’t have a quarterback or wide receivers.
An old RB? Henry had nearly 1,200 yards and 12 TDs behind one of the worst, if not thee worst OLs in football last year.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah the people in here who are bashing these predictions are so much smarter than this guy

Not
Most predictions made even before training camp starts is just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks, has nothing to do with being smart or not, its just flat out guessing.

In fact, somebody name me the last publication to correctly predict all playoff teams in July of that same season.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Predictions in July are complete waste of time.
Need to at least get through training camp and preseason to have it handle on things especially with all the new players on the offensive line and Mazi being rebuilt on the defensive line.

It still comes down to the same basic things can we run the ball and can we stop the run.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I have had Dallas at 9-8 for months. If things break their way, I could conceivably see 11-6. If they start slow and deal with injuries, 7-10 could be the low end.

Why?

Other teams have improved and closed the gap in the NFC. Dallas has basically kept the status quo.

They are playing a challenging 1st place schedule.

The hangover from the GB playoff loss is real. Lame duck coaching staff and players likely making business decisions to protect their interests doesn’t lead to team cohesion and sacrifice.

In short, since Jan, the FO has responded poorly to the crisis the franchise is in. While there are some very talented players on the roster, the mindset, discipline, focus, will, cohesion etc… are all lacking.

I hope I am wrong and will always root for an amazing season, but I can’t pretend I am not seeing serious flaws and issues throughout this organization.

Jipper

Reaction score
8-9 would be such a terrible spot...we would be picking in the low teens...might as well just go 5-12, trade micha and ceedee, let dak walk and start over in 2025..they would have a top 5ish pick, multiple additional high round picks and plenty of ammo to restart...build around the lines and add a qb in the draft...don't want to go back to mediocrity