News: USAToday: Dak Prescott's accuracy, aggressive quantified ahead of new deal

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why do people keep on saying Dak is a young QB with potential? He's now a 4th year player with extensive game time. The steep learning curve is long gone. He's as good as he'll ever be.
That's completely false. Romo even said, was after 4 years by the way, that he would practice throwing from different positions so he could...........improve. The fact you think a player is as good as he will ever be after 3 years of playing is laughable.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
67% means nothing to me on a 3rd and 8 you throw a 2 yard swing pass to Zeke to only punt the ball on fourth. I don't hate Dak, by anymeans, but were about to pay an average qb top 5 moneyl
The QB market is too volatile to compare who signed this year versus past years. 5 QBs signed contracts/extensions this off-season, if Dak signs for $30/yr, he would be the 4th highest of 5. Next season, the QBs that sign new deals will be the highest paid and the same the year after that. The salaries continue to rise as the cap rises.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Dak Prescott's accuracy, aggressive quantified ahead of new deal

gettyimages-1081682206.jpg

It has been an eventful off-season for the Dallas Cowboys. After inking DeMarcus Lawrence to a five-year, $105 million deal ($65 million in guarantees), the team now has their sights set on quarter...

Read Full Story

Thanks for posting that @Reality. Just opened a bag of Carmel Popcorn. I like a little sweet with the salty nay sayers on here:muttley:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why do people keep on saying Dak is a young QB with potential? He's now a 4th year player with extensive game time. The steep learning curve is long gone. He's as good as he'll ever be.
Romo didn't start until his 4th year. He had time to learn. Dak was thrown into the fire day 1. Y'all need to relax with this notion dak has hit his ceiling.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo didn't start until his 4th year. He had time to learn. Dak was thrown into the fire day 1. Y'all need to relax with this notion dak has hit his ceiling.
Romo went to a Div III college, being coached by a Div III type coach. Dak went to a Div 1 top 20 school having opportunity to learn from some of the best college coaches....

fire!!! playing behind one of the best OLs in history of NFL with 3 all pros. having Zeke a top 4 RB behind him and playing with Dez and Witten....oh, please throw me into that fire

phildadon86

Reaction score
Romo went to a Div III college, being coached by a Div III type coach. Dak went to a Div 1 top 20 school having opportunity to learn from some of the best college coaches....

fire!!! playing behind one of the best OLs in history of NFL with 3 all pros. having Zeke a top 4 RB behind him and playing with Dez and Witten....oh, please throw me into that fire
Romo started in 2007 with jason Witten in his prime. Terrell Owen's. A top ten defense and had a good to very good offensive line. Talk about a crappy team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Romo started in 2007 with jason Witten in his prime. Terrell Owen's. A top ten defense and had a good to very good offensive line. Talk about a crappy team.
in 2007....the OP said, that Dak was thrown to the fire..... Romo had time to learn....I just stated the fact that Romo started in Div III and Dak in Div 1 top 20 football program...

this wasn't argument of who had what when...… you are trying to change the argument and crawling up the wrong tree....your dak love is blinding you

phildadon86

Reaction score
in 2007....the OP said, that Dak was thrown to the fire..... Romo had time to learn....I just stated the fact that Romo started in Div III and Dak in Div 1 top 20 football program...

this wasn't argument of who had what when...… you are trying to change the argument and crawling up the wrong tree....your dak love is blinding you
You brought up what Dak had saying he wasnt thrown into the fire. All I did was tell you Romo had a lot of weapons when he started too. Who love is blinding who?

phenyx2

Reaction score
What I've come to accept is that Dak is going to get paid an enormous amount of money whether he deserves it or not. Constant threads for and against it will accomplish nothing as most people have already made their minds up on his play. I hope for the sake of the team that Dak shows tangible improvement in his accuracy and reading hot routes. He is not a finished product but he is going into his 4th year as a starter in the NFL. Time will tell but the excuses are going to be a thing of the past once the ink is dry.

Sydla

Reaction score
The sad thing here is..

There are many threads on this site that critique and down play Dak as a legitimate QB. The link above compliments Daks game and expels many of the nay sayers ‘go to’ talking point about his passing abilities in general. The link also points out that he can improve in some areas, which you would expect from a young player. This gives credence to the fact that Dak isn’t a polished QB and shouldn’t be expected to be so at this point of if his career, yet he’s definitely better than some describe. As a matter of fact, the graphs and matrix in the link have him higher than other QBs that I’m sure some pessimist would prefer over Prescott.

Of the many comments I see when posts are negatively talking about Dak.. it’s sad the few comments left to talk positive ab the man. But hey, it’s easy to root for a mans failure than to applaud him for his successes.

Well for starters, some of the data/conclusions is questionable and seems a bit cherry picked. Let's go with the first bit of data from Pro Football Focus that shows Dak is pretty accurate in that 30-45 range. PFF also has some stats that are favorable to Dak. But if you are buying those stats from PFF let's also note that Prescott graded out as their 17th and 20th best QB the last two seasons. So if we are putting value in some of those limited stats from PFF, why are we ignoring others that show Dak might not be a really good (or great for some) QB?

Despite what people think there is definitely a case to be made that says Dak isn't as good as some of you think. Essentially what happens here is that when someone has a criticism of Dak, they are written off as bitter, bad fans who "root for a mans' failures". Why? Because it's easier to write them off as bitter fans who have a hate of Dak than address the concerns that are legitimate that some people have raised.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What I've come to accept is that Dak is going to get paid an enormous amount of money whether he deserves it or not. Constant threads for and against it will accomplish nothing as most people have already made their minds up on his play. I hope for the sake of the team that Dak shows tangible improvement in his accuracy and reading hot routes. He is not a finished product but he is going into his 4th year as a starter in the NFL. Time will tell but the excuses are going to be a thing of the past once the ink is dry.

Hot dam! "the dead has risen" as said in the movie The Color Purple .... (LOL)
Anyway, good post!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You brought up what Dak had saying he wasnt thrown into the fire. All I did was tell you Romo had a lot of weapons when he started too. Who love is blinding who?
no, the OP said, Romo had three years to learn before he started....but Dak was thrown into the fire..... Dak wasn't exactly thrown into the fire, if that's fire, then throw me in...secondly as I mentioned, Romo was a Div III QB, Dak a Div 1, top 20 program QB..... they didn't exactly start in the same place when they joined the league.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Man, I really wish he could've gotten a bit of sideline learning,,, K.C.'s Q.B. sez' that season on the bench&seeing how it's done made all the difference for him, instead of starting out chapter #1/game #1 ,,,like DAK:facepalm: