News: USAToday: Dak Prescott's accuracy, aggressive quantified ahead of new deal

McKDaddy

Reaction score
The types of passes thrown also matter, so I wouldn't rely on stats to make a comparison. That said, and as critical as I am of Dak, I really never had a problem with his accuracy. I never saw that as an issue. He can throw a bad pass on occasion but for the most part he lays them right in there. He's probably just not as consistent as the elite passers so he gets that bad rep. of being inaccurate. It's really not true.
there are some articles by KD Drumund breaking down his throws over a couple games last year. His highly inaccurate passes were in the 32%-37% range.

erod

Reaction score
I can complete 99 percent of the balls I throw 10 yards in the air.

Completion percentage means nothing when you routinely DON'T throw into tight windows because you know you can't.

That's why Dallas is awful in the red zone.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
While not " hitting the click" of the O.P.'s thread header, the title is telling me he needs more bench rest/ zeroing-in time in order for him to ink a big bucks contract,,,ya, that's what I've deduced in the 5 seconds of study

*USA today SPORTS section covers our Cowboys in an fair if not upbeat fashion,,, I like seeing that& probably tend to favour that print news source over those others because of that reason
Yup. He can put it in the boiler room at a hundred yards but not quite there when shooting for score at six hundred.

Brax

Reaction score
Dak Prescott's accuracy, aggressive quantified ahead of new deal

gettyimages-1081682206.jpg

It has been an eventful off-season for the Dallas Cowboys. After inking DeMarcus Lawrence to a five-year, $105 million deal ($65 million in guarantees), the team now has their sights set on quarter...

Read Full Story
Did Daks agent write this or Jerry?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
He can\should improve but it will most likely be marginal. After 3 full seasons, it is unlikely that he will have level changing development. After year 3, Most QB's are making the small, fine tuning advancements that are hard to see in any given play but show up in their overall play.

Dak's issue is consistent accuracy, meaning its a fundamental issue. Not easy to overcome those after all the years of how he throws the ball being ingrained into his brain & muscles.
I disagree. Dak doesn't have accuracy issues as he is pretty accurate. Dak has footwork and mechanic issue when the pocket breaks down.........which can be fixed.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I can complete 99 percent of the balls I throw 10 yards in the air.

Completion percentage means nothing when you routinely DON'T throw into tight windows because you know you can't.

That's why Dallas is awful in the red zone.
No you can't

817Gill

Reaction score
There are always options including the following:

1. Pay him the market rate for his skill level - which is a lot less than 30m per year.

2. If there are teams out there who think he's an elite QB worth 30m per year, then we should be able to trade him for 2 x 1st picks. With this, we could trade up and get one of the top QBs in the next draft.

3. Sign a similarly skilled QB at market rate for a non-elite QB and use the saved money to improve the roster elsewhere.

4. Roll the dice with our top pick in next years draft.

We should be continually seeking to upgrade the team rather than settling for second best.

1. There is no such thing as a market for skill level lol. Either you’re a franchise or a bridge qb, franchise qbs get paid what they get paid, change the CBA if you think it’s not fair.

2. You’re operating with the mindset that other FO’s think he’s worth 30M, but the team that drafted and developed him, to whom he’s become the face and clear leader of wouldn’t think so. That’s illogical.

3.Who? What FA qb do you want over Dak? Who is a clear franchise guy.

4. This last one is why fans are fans lol. You don’t pass on a franchise qb, the hardest thing to find in the sport, to “roll the dice” on a draft pick. Pure lunacy and just not realistic at all.