News: USAToday: Jerry - “Odell’s going to join us,”

Motorola

Reaction score
Who wrote the article who is the source. Why is this source the only one making this claim.
Jarrett Bell for USA TODAY Sports.
You make a valid point about this being the only media outlet reporting this.
'Blogging the Boys' contributor RJ Ochoa posted on that website that report.

Jipper

Reaction score
OBJ wants more than Jerry is going to pay him in his current state, aka they are at a standoff. Additionally, they are running out of time to get him in and up to speed so OBJ either budges and comes in for less or he holds out to get what he wants next year from someone else.

Either way i dont really care anymore.

irishline

Reaction score
The local newspaper site. I just came across the story again.

This is from his interview today on 105.3: "As of this morning we don't have anything. I don't have an assessment. The reality is that time is moving on down the road relative to playing in the playoffs. And, so, everyday diminishes our chances of getting going forward."

Thomas82

Reaction score
This is from his interview today on 105.3: "As of this morning we don't have anything. I don't have an assessment. The reality is that time is moving on down the road relative to playing in the playoffs. And, so, everyday diminishes our chances of getting going forward."

Yeah, I saw this earlier. I was just talking about a story from the newspaper that can't be mentioned on here that came out yesterday.

J_Allen

Reaction score
We never needed him in the first place. The whole thing was ridiculous. We have weapons. It's a combination between the quarterback and offensive coordinator.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Or if OBJ falls asleep on the bench and we have to call in the authorities to remove him.
Facts are OBJ is not here no need to keep discussing it until hes here and activated for game and we see the breakdown of his deal.

Id say TY will be a contributor once hes got the playbook and hos game conditioning down. hes better than Brown, so as a 3 id say he can make difference given he won't be depended on but im betting makes some nice plays..

FVSTONE

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Odell Beckham, Jr. is apparently on the verge of joining the Dallas Cowboys for the upcoming NFL playoffs, according to the man who signs the checks.

“Odell’s going to join us,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday. “There’s a good chance he will, with the complete goal of getting ready for a playoff game or two, and then I’ll look to the future. But most of it being about now.”

Jones didn’t reveal financial details, but said he expects that the star wide receiver – coming off ACL surgery after being injured in Super Bowl 56 for the Los Angeles Rams -- will be signed to a contract for the rest of this season.

Link
I'm calling BS to this lame story!

clff15701

Reaction score
Odell can’t help this team period. Look at Gallup you don’t recover from ACL in a year. Hilton is faster and better for this year.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
"A playoff game or two" lol

That's how confident Jerry is right now.
Yeah, all this fuss for one player, and all he is going to do is play one game, lol. he can't play the other CB spot opposite Diggs and he can't play DT and help stop the run, so who cares? so stupid

stinkface

Reaction score
He's probably in worse shape then Gallop right now. Not sure how he could add any value for the playoff run if that's the case. He won't even work out for teams .

DZSierra

Reaction score
Guys, you're all trying to use common sense.

In the words of the illustrious Cowboy's leadership, and I quote

Odell’s going to join us,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday. “There’s a good chance he will, with the complete goal of getting ready for a playoff game or two, and then I’ll look to the future. But most of it being about now.”

First, Odell is going to join the team. Then, a second sentence later, the same man states there is a good chance he will.

A sincere question... Can anyone actually understand what goes through Jerry Jones mind?

At best Jerry knew that the price tag was most likely too high for his liking and he was just trying to add pressure to Odell to join the team, or perhaps he was trying to piss Odell off by speaking before anything was solid with him coming to the team in the first place.

At this point, Odell is a non factor and should be treated as such until Jerry decides he wants to use common sense before making headlines, which IMO means unless he can get Odell on the cheap side (which would tell me Odell places on getting another ring over making a big fast buck).

If I were a betting man, methinks Odell is in it for the money and the other owners have already used their common sense.