News: USAToday: Jerry - “Odell’s going to join us,”

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course I am only speculating but it sure seems like this is our coaching staff and scouts saying no thanks and Jerry saying I must have this.

FTWayne

Reaction score
what's been winning us games? ball control running, let's get more WR's so we can throw more and lose more.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All complaining aside, James Washington as your 5th WR and Noah Brown as your 6th or vice versa is ridiculous. I don't think I've ever seen a deeper WR depth chart here.

Tommy

Reaction score
Of course I am only speculating but it sure seems like this is our coaching staff and scouts saying no thanks and Jerry saying I must have this.
Is it based on anything other than a “feeling?”

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ol Jerry taking the reigns on this one like the old days. He told tight wad Stephen to step aside so he could make a splash signing

nathanlt

Reaction score
So OBJ will get playoff tickets to Cowboys game. Big Deal. He's certainly not joining team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m not sure I’d put it at ‘No thanks’ but probably more pessimistic about Beckham’s ability to help them this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
. ....I sure hope this doesn't backfire. *knocking on wood*

I know Jerry means well. But getting to SB, includes so many factors, its beyond rocket science.

How so?? the pay scale ie escalators and clauses built into a deal , if he can't play he wont count much against the cap.. we won't be "counting on the player" he would be welcomed and surprise weapon if he can come in..If not well no biggie.

im sure if he doesn't play a game, hes not making much more than the Vet MN this year..NO RS games at all and possibly 1-2 playoff games no way hes making much..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry wildcatting again

ElegantRedCrocodile-max-1mb.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
And when Jerry wants something, he usually gets it. Even if he has to throw caution to the wind.
caution?? first off JJ has not done that in quite while..its a win win , there's zero risk if the contract is team friendly and we all know the Jones family will make it that way.. this place says they are cheap when ti comes to FAS..that wont change.

the pay scale ie escalators and clauses built into a deal , if he can't play, he wont count much against the cap.. we won't be "counting on the player" he would be welcomed and surprise weapon if he can comes in..If not, well no biggie.

im sure if he doesn't play a game, hes not making much more than the Vet MN this year..NO RS games at all and possibly 1-2 playoff games , no way hes making much..

Fans worry too much on $$, deals, and what not, risk or not.. im sure it wont effect the team aspect at all. most of the team was pro OBJ anyway.,