News: USAToday: Jerry - “Odell’s going to join us,”

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
caution?? first off JJ has not done that in quite while..its a win win , there's zero risk if the contract is team friendly and we all know the Jones family will make it that way.. this place says they are cheap when ti comes to FAS..that wont change.

the pay scale ie escalators and clauses built into a deal , if he can't play, he wont count much against the cap.. we won't be "counting on the player" he would be welcomed and surprise weapon if he can comes in..If not, well no biggie.

im sure if he doesn't play a game, hes not making much more than the Vet MN this year..NO RS games at all and possibly 1-2 playoff games , no way hes making much..

Fans worry too much on $$, deals, and what not, risk or not.. im sure it wont effect the team aspect at all. most of the team was pro OBJ anyway.,

I didn’t realize that you’ve seen the terms of the deal already.

Ken

Reaction score
And if he would have said “join us for 3 playoff games” you would have called him delusional.
You have to understand...they live in a world where they can never be wrong.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stand by, strap in, and locate protective headwear.

200w.gif

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A quote from the article that I'm not crazy about:

“I’m hopeful we can get into some important games and have some Deion Sanders-type results,” Jones said. “Could this be possible to have a great player like that get in two or three playoff games and make some significant plays? I think very much so. That’s not an exaggerated thought at all."

Even if OBJ is 100%, he's not going to have the impact Deion had.

Well, in Jerry’s defense, Deion is what? 53?

basel90

Reaction score
FRISCO, Texas – Odell Beckham, Jr. is apparently on the verge of joining the Dallas Cowboys for the upcoming NFL playoffs, according to the man who signs the checks.

“Odell’s going to join us,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told USA TODAY Sports on Thursday. “There’s a good chance he will, with the complete goal of getting ready for a playoff game or two, and then I’ll look to the future. But most of it being about now.”

Jones didn’t reveal financial details, but said he expects that the star wide receiver – coming off ACL surgery after being injured in Super Bowl 56 for the Los Angeles Rams -- will be signed to a contract for the rest of this season.

Link
a waste of time and money and a cancer brought to the locker room. he will start *****ing about dak immedietly. not to mention he has lost a lot of talent

terra

Reaction score
So where are those claiming Stephan runs things now?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A quote from the article that I'm not crazy about:

“I’m hopeful we can get into some important games and have some Deion Sanders-type results,” Jones said. “Could this be possible to have a great player like that get in two or three playoff games and make some significant plays? I think very much so. That’s not an exaggerated thought at all."

Even if OBJ is 100%, he's not going to have the impact Deion had.
Lightning in a bottle - only once.

vlad

Reaction score
Who wrote the article who is the source. Why is this source the only one making this claim.

well I hope this is like Micah and I'm completely wrong, but this seems like a disaster waiting to happen...meanwhile we have like my high school shop teacher as a backup CB haha.

rambo2

Reaction score
a waste of time and money and a cancer brought to the locker room. he will start *****ing about dak immedietly. not to mention he has lost a lot of talent
That's the take if they sign him. If they don't sign him it would be that they are cheap and aren't trying to win and they never sign bigtime free agents. lol