News: USAToday: Joe Jackson presents intriguing depth for Cowboys at DE

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Joe Jackson presents intriguing depth for Cowboys at DE

cowboys_draft_5_165.png

The Cowboys' found excellent value in Joe Jackson, a defensive end from the University of Miami selected in the fifth round of April's draft. Jackson was an incredibly productive player at Mi...

Read Full Story

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

cowboys_draft_5_165.png

The Cowboys' found excellent value in Joe Jackson, a defensive end from the University of Miami selected in the fifth round of April's draft. Jackson was an incredibly productive player at Mi...

Read Full Story
Not sure who will be better? Joe or the Oregon DE. I do like both.

Considering we did not have a day one pick, I’ve honestly never had higher hopes for a draft class than this one.

If we can hit on maybe 4 if these guys (drafted and Undrafted), it’ll be yet another successful draft and keep us young and competitive.

#lickituprealists

Kaiser

Reaction score
Our PS will be poached apart this year.

It will but it seems like there is a lot less of that than there was in the past. In the past you saw half the PS filled by guys signed from another team and now its only one or two spots. It seems like a trend league-wide, it may be because teams want someone who already knows their system or something - but it seems like there is a lot less movement between teams.

At least one of our DL will get signed away if everyone stays healthy, but we are still going to have a loaded PS.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

cowboys_draft_5_165.png

Read Full Story
there is a lot of bodies at DL right now and a big number on DEs....I wonder if Joe Jackson can play the left side and back up Lawrence.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Depending on what they think of Hyder, it's basically Jackson, Jelks, and Armstrong competing for one spot at DE, depending on what they want to do with Hyder. I mean...

Quinn - Woods - Hill - Lawrence
Crawford - Covington - Collins - Charlton
Hyder

Not a lot of room for projects...

exciter

Reaction score
Depending on what they think of Hyder, it's basically Jackson, Jelks, and Armstrong competing for one spot at DE, depending on what they want to do with Hyder. I mean...

Quinn - Woods - Hill - Lawrence
Crawford - Covington - Collins - Charlton
Hyder

Not a lot of room for projects...
Hyder was insurance after the Gregory suspension. They have since picked up Quinn and picked 2 kids in the draft. His lack of upside makes it unlikely he makes the team. He would have to have a preseason he doesn't have the skillset to have!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hyder was insurance after the Gregory suspension. They have since picked up Quinn and picked 2 kids in the draft. His lack of upside makes it unlikely he makes the team. He would have to have a preseason he doesn't have the skillset to have!
Hyder is a left end who can also play 3T on passing downs.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Rooting for the kid but he lasted to the 5th for a reason.

exciter

Reaction score
Hyder is a left end who can also play 3T on passing downs.
As far as I know he's never played 3t and at 280 he's light so his ability to do so is nothing more than speculation. With Crawford, Collins, Covington and Hill all vying for snaps at the position I think they can get by! Team doesn't have a shortage of players that can play left end!