News: USAToday: Joe Jackson presents intriguing depth for Cowboys at DE

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You want him to choose your next QB...

What are they waiting for? The guy they claim is the franchise QB throws footballs like this.....

giphy.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What are they waiting for? The guy they claim is the franchise QB throws footballs like this.....

giphy.gif
They're obviously waiting for the next Chad Hutchinson. Duh...

Peeps here want Dak gone like they're looking forward to 2015 over and over again.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
As far as I know he's never played 3t and at 280 he's light so his ability to do so is nothing more than speculation. With Crawford, Collins, Covington and Hill all vying for snaps at the position I think they can get by! Team doesn't have a shortage of players that can play left end!
Then you don't know. He makes a living playing inside on passing downs. Last year the Lions strangely had him lined up like a NT straight in front of the center which was not fair to Hyder. Destroyed his productivity.

cern

Reaction score
While there is much to be said about depth at a position, I prefer players who will challenge starters to take their jobs.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
WHAT IF we have Jelks exceed expectation in camp and preseason as well as Jackson? Wouldn't that be 2 great problems to have? Would that make Taco expendable?

Not only that, but any player on the bubble worth trading should be shopped if they're less than likely to make the team imo. See if we can get a pick or two.

exciter

Reaction score
Then you don't know. He makes a living playing inside on passing downs. Last year the Lions strangely had him lined up like a NT straight in front of the center which was not fair to Hyder. Destroyed his productivity.
With both snacks Harrison and A'shawn Robinson they had him lining up at the nose at 270#s? Ok!!! He's done they let him walk for a league minimum contract. His knee is fubar!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Joe Jackson presents intriguing depth for Cowboys at DE

cowboys_draft_5_165.png

The Cowboys' found excellent value in Joe Jackson, a defensive end from the University of Miami selected in the fifth round of April's draft. Jackson was an incredibly productive player at Mi...

Read Full Story

I Christen him "Shoeless"!!!

Mr_437

Reaction score
Jackson has a chance just depends...

LE: DLaw, Charlton, Jackson
RE: Quinn, Armstrong

Gregory comes back somebody gone.
Hyder, I view as Gregory insurance.
Jelks is PS.

I showed Jackson can make it, right now, I think it's PS for JJ.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Joe Jackson shows at least an admirable degree of talent for competing well enough to win a contributing role at DE. Let's hope he impresses one and all in TC and beyond. He's evidently a better physical specimen than most and has Marinelli, Lett and possibly Ware to guide him. That's an excellent degree of expertise in anyone's estimation. Here's hoping he'll make the most of his opportunity. There'll obviously be some intense competition at DE this year, which always helps to maximize a rookie's development. I like his chances of impressing the staff enough to win a spot in the rotation.

Rayman70

Reaction score
joe Jackson is what my old football coach called a mudder. A heavy handed good player that keeps his mouth shut and works his tail off to get better...does nothing exceptional but just shows up and does his job consistently. That's what he is. All good teams need guys like that. Foundational players.