User Mock 2/7/18

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
That's it. Good stuff.

It was our User Mock 1.0, so don't get depressed with the cornerback in the first round. We have to shake off the rust. We've got time.

sigh...yea, that would actually be pretty depressing. Ward is a good prospect, but there are a number that I would prefer that go right after.

Paintrain4978

Reaction score
If the draft goes this way we got arguably the best CB in the draft, and the WR with the traits this team needs. I'd say so far so good

cowboyec

Reaction score
Despite RisenStar's hang-up's on cornerbacks, the Cowboys (fictionally) got better today.

Combine these draft picks with the rags-to-riches free agents Will McClay will sign and we still have two good draft picks.
Id rather come out of this with a Wynn/Moore or Hurst/Moore combo.

but I get the B.P.A. thing......at this point Im hopin Cooper re-signs and we are able to draft Queesenberry,Ucla or Braden Smith,Auburn in the 4th or 5th range.
seeing our OG guys get taken in Rd 1....sucked......but still fun.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WR and corner. None of y'all ever complain about Jerry again. I don't wanna hear it. This is pathetic drafting. So sad.

If you draft BPA it is not pathetic drafting.

If you draft for need and pretty much need only...THAT is pathetic drafting.

If the draft fell the way it did on this exercise...Ward (or Jackson) would be the BPA by a good degree...would not even be close.

Also keep in mind...this was a no trading mock.

Chances are with the players there sitting on the board, a trade down would have been an ideal situation to take.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ward would instantly be our #1 defensive back.

Wynn would be our 5th best offensive lineman.

Ward.
Wynn starts day 1.
We pass Wynn.....only to see him,Hernandez and Price go off the board in Rd 1.

next best OG is...Queesenberry,Ucla...4th or 5th...if we're lucky.......or we re-sign Cooper....OL doesnt improve......with Wynn...OL is strengthened...day 1.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wynn starts day 1.
We pass Wynn.....only to see him,Hernandez and Price go off the board in Rd 1.

next best OG is...Queesenberry,Ucla...4th or 5th...if we're lucky.......or we re-sign Cooper....OL doesnt improve......with Wynn...OL is strengthened...day 1.

Not sure why people are forgetting Braden Smith from Auburn.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Not sure why people are forgetting Braden Smith from Auburn.
I like him...and he's an up-grade over Cooper...so is Queesenberry....but I doubt we get a shot unless we just do it in the 3rd...then we miss out on The Outlaw Josey Jewell....
I get BPA.....but at 19.....we had a shot to take care of the OL.....now we are at the mercy of the board.....and she dont like us.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like him...and he's an up-grade over Cooper...so is Queesenberry....but I doubt we get a shot unless we just do it in the 3rd...then we miss out on The Outlaw Josey Jewell....
I get BPA.....but at 19.....we had a shot to take care of the OL.....now we are at the mercy of the board.....and she dont like us.

Why haven't you signed up for our mock draft?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Why haven't you signed up for our mock draft?
Im trying to figure out how to make it work so I can....I dont wanna do it half-assed...its the time investment....2 kids doesnt give me wiggle room for time...in terms of homework.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im trying to figure out how to make it work so I can....I dont wanna do it half-assed...its the time investment....2 kids doesnt give me wiggle room for time...in terms of homework.

A lot of people just send me a list. It usually takes two days.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
get them on the whiteboard helping with your big board