USFL anyone still watching some of the games?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I watch the ones on Fox or Nbc.
usually I just watch the 2nd half. Or I might have it on during 1st half with sound down.

The game today had a good ending, Pitt Maulers, who had not won a single game , came back to
beat the houston team with a last second td pass! I think they were on the 7 with 4 seconds left.
Their qb had only been with them about 6 days.

Birmingham, and New Jersey are the leading teams at 5-0 and 4-1 and look to be the teams
that will play in the champ game.
Only 5 weeks left in the season.

In one game the sat game, they were saying that the NO team qb had interviews with like 7 nfl teams
after the season, and shortly after that he threw a really bad int in the redzone lol.
I thought well there go some of those interviews !

The houston team lost last week on a final seconds play, and again this week.
Those type games or the end of them are fun to watch.
Like today I did not expect the pitt team to get in for the td, but they did.

you can look at standings, scores etc here
https://www.theusfl.com/standings

They are fun to watch, I am getting to know the teams, and some of the players.
And I have seen some good players.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
usually I just watch the 2nd half. Or I might have it on during 1st half with sound down.

The game today had a good ending, Pitt Maulers, who had not won a single game , came back to
beat the houston team with a last second td pass! I think they were on the 7 with 4 seconds left.

Birmingham, and New Jersey are the leading teams at 5-0 and 4-1 and look to be the teams

In one game the sat game, they were saying that the NO team qb had interviews with like 7 nfl teams
after the season, and shortly after that he threw a really bad int in the redzone lol.

Are they still on?
:lmao:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Holy crap! There's another USFL?
And there are games happening?

Well I'll be.

I'm sorry to have missed some football especially since the wife was at a niece's graduation.
Missed opportunity.

So it was good stuff?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Holy crap! There's another USFL?
And there are games happening?

Well I'll be.

I'm sorry to have missed some football especially since the wife was at a niece's graduation.
Missed opportunity.

So it was good stuff?
4 games a weekend, sat and sun, and some have been good.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
I watched for just a few minutes. Hate to see a business go down the tubes, but the stadium sure looked semi-empty.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I watched for just a few minutes. Hate to see a business go down the tubes, but the stadium sure looked semi-empty.
the stadium will be empty on all games except birmingham games, as that is where they are all playing, same stadium, so there is no
home crowds.
They did this to save money, but it is quite stupid.
They should offer free tickets, or even pay people to come to the games lol just so there is a crowd.
Heck offer free beer and the stadium would be full.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
the stadium will be empty on all games except birmingham games, as that is where they are all playing, same stadium, so there is no
home crowds.
They did this to save money, but it is quite stupid.
They should offer free tickets, or even pay people to come to the games lol just so there is a crowd.
Heck offer free beer and the stadium would be full.
I didn't know they were playing at the same stadium. Makes sense though. You cut down on travel expenses for the players and stadium rental fees.

I don't watch the games. But I support them the same way I support the WNBA. I just tune in with the TV in the bedroom then go on about my day. Just doing my part to help their ratings.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I forget to watch but if I do catch it, I’ll watch some.

I’ll never hate on watching some football; I always scratch my head at people wanting these leagues fail. Obviously the talent isn’t the same but some of these guys have been in the NFL and some could be signed, you never know.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I watched, cuz I like football...

Motorola

Reaction score

I watched the Stallions - Stars game.
Philadelphia got ahead early by 10, but their offense started misfiring halfway through the 2nd qtr and were scoreless in the 2nd half.
Birmingham all season long has been known as a comeback team...and they did it again today, scoring 23 straight points to win by 13.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This would be an interesting league to watch. But it's lacking something. They should tie in a Hard Knocks type of element, and each week cover the journeymen prospects with the highest chances, or highest hope. Something like that would add entertaining drama the league. If a league like this is ever going to be successful, it's going to have to weather the storm and up the ante on its marketing strategy.

It doesn't not my socks off. But it's mildly entertaining. Right now, there's not a huge market for their product. It's going to take some time. There definitely is a market for NFL-offseason football, but they're going to have to be more creative in their approach than what they are now.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I've had it on the garage TV while I'm out there working on something. As a football fan it's interesting to watch. But I did find myself feeling extremely over-saturated, since the NFL itself has saturated me pretty thoroughly.

I might have to choose between the Zone and the USFL in order to maintain an equilibrium.

Hell.... If not for the garage TV I might have to choose between marriage and the USFL.

Jipper

Reaction score
Only way a 2nd league ever has sustained success is if the NFL makes it a feeder or true development league with official ties to the NFL....for me otherwise it's not really interesting

Creeper

Reaction score
No. I watched a couple of game early on but there is something about the broadcast sound that bothered me. Too much background noise or something.