USFL football

Jimbo123

Reaction score
The league will not finish the season. They'll run out of money by week 7. No fan base + No TV revenue = Doomed League

John813

Reaction score
Forgot the USFL was this year. Only remembered the XFL due to the Rock/media coverage over that.

Can't see how they both survive next year.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is one of the streamers that makes you click several times. The first 2 or 3 open an ad. Just keep closing the ad/spam and the game will come up. It's a pain, but I've been using vipbox for years and have never had my computer compromised.

I have not found something like crackstreams or streameast that are streaming USFL.
Thanks, i have looked too and can not find a streaming site. i'll try what you recommended.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Ive met alot of the DC Cheerleaders and the Desperado Cheerleaders too. The Desperado Cheerleaders were very humble and nice.
They had some cool outfits too

quickccc

Reaction score
ok... Reggie White, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, Bobby Herbert, Sam Mills........ im sure there is more.

Bottom line is there are players that if they got the chance would succeed. You see it every year in the NFL when a RB goes down and the bench guy steps up and does well.
Davis Mills was drafted in the third rd and was not expected to be a starter, then Desean Watson ran into trouble. MIlls played well enough last year that the Texans decided he was gonna get a shot to be their guy. Again, opportunity.

Also Warren Moon - who not only made it big from Canadian Football league to NFL ... but en route to Pro Football Hall of Fame

DandyDon52

Reaction score
THey are backed by Fox and NBC. They will finish the season.
I hope so, but I found the ratings for game one and it was 1.5 mil on each channel, so 3 mil total.
That isnt bad if it stays there or goes up, but rating generally go down. They said it was about the same as nba games.

This league is relying totally on tv ratings for success. The empty stadium, being in same town and a smaller town is not a good idea.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I hope so, but I found the ratings for game one and it was 1.5 mil on each channel, so 3 mil total.
That isnt bad if it stays there or goes up, but rating generally go down. They said it was about the same as nba games.

This league is relying totally on tv ratings for success. The empty stadium, being in same town and a smaller town is not a good idea.
I heard as long as ratings stay around 1 m viewers they will hit targets

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The USFL is an idea who's time will never come.
probably true, because the people with the money to do it, either wont do it or are not smart enough to do it.

There are many things about the rules and other things with NFL that the market for a new league is there, just no one smart enough to
do it.

For example , everyone even media hates nfl catch rules and other rules, but these new leagues use those same rules.
A new league should have the old style onside kick rules, and old catch rules etc. that would appeal to fans.

They also need to compete for college talent, and the nfl rookie contract system would allow them to do just that.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
probably true, because the people with the money to do it, either wont do it or are not smart enough to do it.

There are many things about the rules and other things with NFL that the market for a new league is there, just no one smart enough to
do it.

For example , everyone even media hates nfl catch rules and other rules, but these new leagues use those same rules.
A new league should have the old style onside kick rules, and old catch rules etc. that would appeal to fans.

They also need to compete for college talent, and the nfl rookie contract system would allow them to do just that.

There is no way under their current model that they can compete with the NFL. The players on the practice squad get 2 to 3 times as much money as the players in the USFL are getting. And those guys get about a quarter of what someone that makes the roster gets.

Plankton

Reaction score
Tom Brady didn’t play in any other pro leagues. That’s what we’re talking about. I asked you what player other than Kurt Warner made it big in the NFL who played for another pro league.

Warren Moon, Joe Kapp, Joe Theismann and Jake Delhomme to name a few. I believe that Cameron Wake also played in the CFL, and was a good pass rusher for the Dolphins for a number of years.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
You need to get like 8 teams put together by Jeff Bezos an Elon Musk and a couple of these other zillionaires if you really wanted to compete

Plankton

Reaction score
The league will not finish the season. They'll run out of money by week 7. No fan base + No TV revenue = Doomed League

They will finish the year - they are owned by Fox Sports, so guaranteed TV.