USFL football

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
A decent niche doesnt hurt either. Arena had a very good run, and even had their own sub leagues. We had an A2 team locally and it was always a fun night out

Yep, we did too, and it was always a fun night out.

Everything definitely depends on the TV ratings. It is what is going to drive the league and determine whether they will be back. Attendance is going to be interesting...not sure how much Birmingham is gonna support 8 teams, only one of whom is "their" team. The opening game had a pretty full stadium, but the two today were ghost towns. Some of that may be due to it being a rainy day and the fact that it is Easter, so we will see how it goes over the next few weeks.

The one thing is that there are several ex Cowboy players in the league. Mike Weber and Trey Williams are RB's for the Generals. Clayton Thorsen is QB for one of the teams. Osirus MItchell & Lance Lenoir. Maybe some others.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Odds aren’t on their side but I have enjoyed the little bit I’ve watched so far….The tackling has been clean and WR are catching balls but I have seen some bad throws

The biggest issue for these minor leagues is QB play. Honestly, it hasn't been so good in the three games I have seen. Hopefully it will get better as they get more experience with each other.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Kurt Warner was a very rare exception. Feel free to name some others. lol Young players get plenty of chance to showcase their skills during OTA’s, training camp and preseason games.
Name anpther... uhm, Tom Brdy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Name anpther... uhm, Tom Brdy.

What other professional football leagues did Tom Brady play in other than the NFL? Lol We’re talking about players who played in other pro leagues that made it in the NFL. Tom Brady wasn’t one of them…get real!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What other professional football leagues did Tom Brady play in other than the NFL? Lol
There was no other league at that time. But you dont think there is another slow, avg looking QB that never gets a chance out there like Brady. Tom got a chance, but there is no doubt other Warner type players that dont luck out. Warner would have never played had whats his face not been injured. Sound familiar? How long would Dak been on bench had Romo not been hurt? He was never taking a snap had Romo stayed healthy.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There was no other league at that time. But you dont think there is another slow, avg looking QB that never gets a chance out there like Brady. Tom got a chance, but there is no doubt other Warner type players that dont luck out. Warner would have never played had whats his face not been injured. Sound familiar? How long would Dak been on bench had Romo not been hurt? He was never taking a snap had Romo stayed healthy.

Tom Brady didn’t play in any other pro leagues. That’s what we’re talking about. I asked you what player other than Kurt Warner made it big in the NFL who played for another pro league.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
4) Shunned the traditional run-dominated offenses of the NFL for throwing the football
I think this was a big key.
as a kid I liked the passing, and the "bombs" they also came up with good uni's and helmets, and colors.
I was a chargers, raiders,KC,Houston oilers fan. The only nfl team I liked was the Rams with roman gabriel. I didnt get into cowboys till 65.

Sammy

Reaction score
I went there, but nothing there about that game or usfl

It was there yesterday. They haven't updated it today. They're probably behind because there wasn't originally a game scheduled for today. Hopefully they figure it out and update.

quickccc

Reaction score
i'll catch the highlights on YouTube. but it just doesn't have enuff star- fire power players to lure viewership.

There's no Steve Young, Hershel Walker, Anthony Carter or Jim Kelly to make me glued to the TV tube to watch regularly or even occasional.

i thought they should've made the rules and pace to fit the Arena league type fast & furious high scoring to better please audiences.
But at least they are experimenting with football details and presences that makes the NFL play watch for in their own league- ala computer chip in the football.

BTW, ... If not for the former USFL, there would not be any instant replay in the NFL right now.
The NFL has always been soooo very slooow and mule stubborn in terms of upgrades.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Tom Brady didn’t play in any other pro leagues. That’s what we’re talking about. I asked you what player other than Kurt Warner made it big in the NFL who played for another pro league.
ok... Reggie White, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, Bobby Herbert, Sam Mills........ im sure there is more.

Bottom line is there are players that if they got the chance would succeed. You see it every year in the NFL when a RB goes down and the bench guy steps up and does well.
Davis Mills was drafted in the third rd and was not expected to be a starter, then Desean Watson ran into trouble. MIlls played well enough last year that the Texans decided he was gonna get a shot to be their guy. Again, opportunity.

CoachD

Reaction score
I would rather read CZ posts from people that never even played the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ok... Reggie White, Steve Young, Jim Kelly, Bobby Herbert, Sam Mills........ im sure there is more.

Bottom line is there are players that if they got the chance would succeed. You see it every year in the NFL when a RB goes down and the bench guy steps up and does well.
Davis Mills was drafted in the third rd and was not expected to be a starter, then Desean Watson ran into trouble. MIlls played well enough last year that the Texans decided he was gonna get a shot to be their guy. Again, opportunity.

I already mentioned them in another post. That was when the USFL first started in 82-83. They were signing big-name college players to compete with the NFL. Those players would’ve been first round draft picks in the NFL. Lol They only signed with the USFL because they were offered a ton of money. We’re talking about these current pro leagues that are scrub leagues. Those leagues are the only options players have that aren’t being signed by the NFL or that flamed out in the NFL. Flourishing in those leagues doesn’t mean they’ll flourish at the NFL level against the best players. Like I said NFL caliber players have OTA’s, training camp and preseason games to earn their chance. Preseason games are a chance for young players to get a lot of playing time because starters don’t play much. If they get an opportunity in a regular season game they need to play well and earn their shot at being a starter. This is how Tom Brady earned his chance. He played well enough to become the backup and when he got his chance to start he played great and the rest is history.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It was there yesterday. They haven't updated it today. They're probably behind because there wasn't originally a game scheduled for today. Hopefully they figure it out and update.
ok I am going to check back at gametime.

Sammy

Reaction score
same, it just went to spam

Unfortunately, this is one of the streamers that makes you click several times. The first 2 or 3 open an ad. Just keep closing the ad/spam and the game will come up. It's a pain, but I've been using vipbox for years and have never had my computer compromised.

I have not found something like crackstreams or streameast that are streaming USFL.