UVa lineman coming to Dallas

Big Dakota

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2008/04/uva-lineman-coming-to-dallas.html

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
As much as I love Albert, I hope we don't get him. If everyone's coach scouting draft boards are even remotely close, he's going way to high for us to be taking a guard this year.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
My guess is you would have to trade up to get him. I would love for the Skins to take him, but I don't think he'll be around for us at 21. The Commanders beat writer mentioned in his blog today that if he falls past 15, the Skins might look to trade up. I wouldn't want that either, just trying to emphasize that he almost certainly won't be there for you.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/04/draft_ramblings.html#more

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'd take him at 28. Reports of him being taken in the top 20 are a bit silly.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2029165 said:
My guess is you would have to trade up to get him. I would love for the Skins to take him, but I don't think he'll be around for us at 21. The Commanders beat writer mentioned in his blog today that if he falls past 15, the Skins might look to trade up. I wouldn't want that either, just trying to emphasize that he almost certainly won't be there for you.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2008/04/draft_ramblings.html#more

please take him at 21

PLEASE!

theogt;2029168 said:
I'd take him at 28. Reports of him being taken in the top 20 are a bit silly.

no kidding

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2029165 said:

Oh, dear lord, please do trade up for a guard. That will certainly show that Danny has turned over a new leaf.

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
theogt;2029171 said:
Oh, dear lord, please do trade up for a guard. That will certainly show that Danny has turned over a new leaf.
Well, i think the thought process is that he would start out as a guard and then move to tackle after a season or two. Not saying a agree with it - in general I think it's a bad idea to trade up - but he has more value than an average guard.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2029172 said:
Well, i think the thought process is that he would start out as a guard and then move to tackle after a season or two. Not saying a agree with it - in general I think it's a bad idea to trade up - but he has more value than an average guard.
Oh, that's even better. Trade up for a guy that's unproven because of a major position change. That makes MUCH MORE sense.

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
theogt;2029173 said:
Oh, that's even better. Trade up for a guy that's unproven because of a major position change. That makes MUCH MORE sense.
Actually it does because the Commanders would have two or three offseasons to see if he can make the switch, and if he can't then they just keep him as a guard. His is worth more than a guard who has no shot at moving to tackle.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
lmao...Kiper just said that Albert won't be around for the Bears at 14...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2029179 said:
:prays: let it be

I hope so too...but it will make my January wish list pretty silly where I had hoped we could get him in the third. :p:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He incredibly quick for a man that is 310 pounds and could play any position on the line. Call him a tackle and he goes top 10. There is no question he can excel in space.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2029180 said:
I hope so too...but it will make my January wish list pretty silly where I had hoped we could get him in the third. :p:

I'm down for that too :p:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2029182 said:
He incredibly quick for a man that is 310 pounds and could play any position on the line. Call him a tackle and he goes top 10. There is no question he can excel in space.
That's an awful big assumption you're making there based off reading a couple profiles.

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
tomson75;2029180 said:
Hehe, I was hoping the Commanders would find Rodgers-Cromartie in the third, so I feel you.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2029187 said:
That's an awful big assumption you're making there based off reading a couple profiles.

I agree, I think people are running away w/ this OT thing after seeing him in action for only 2 starts there at UVA

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2029182 said:

He is pretty quick, but while I've watched him play on several occasions, I haven't seen him take any snaps at tackle. I'm not sure any intelligent NFL personnel would take make such a pricey assumption to take him in the top ten...I guess we'll see.