UVa lineman coming to Dallas

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2029176 said:
Actually it does because the Commanders would have two or three offseasons to see if he can make the switch, and if he can't then they just keep him as a guard. His is worth more than a guard who has no shot at moving to tackle.

Albert would be an excellent pick for the Skins... I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Cowboys uniform, either, let him battle Kyle Kosier for the starting LG job...

silverbear

Reaction score
theogt;2029187 said:
That's an awful big assumption you're making there based off reading a couple profiles.

I've seen him play 10 or 12 games, living in the Shenandoah Valley they're on the tube with some regularity... to me, he's a slightly smaller, slightly more agile Justin Blalock...

silverbear

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2029191 said:
I agree, I think people are running away w/ this OT thing after seeing him in action for only 2 starts there at UVA

I wouldn't want him to move to tackle, he has the prototypical skillset to play guard in the NFL...

silverbear

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2029209 said:
I realize that but he is great value in the second half of the first. He is far and away the best guard in the draft and with the quickness he has he projects to any other position. Of course his first year you stick him at guard.

The thought of Flo - Albert - Gurode - Bigg - Columbo makes me want to drool.

That would be an extraordinary line...

silverbear

Reaction score
The Rawhide Kid;2029278 said:
I just don't think we are drafting an OL in the first round. JMHO

I think you're probably right... and I admire that you clearly said this was your opinion...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It is no big secret that I covet this guy. If he were some how available at 22, I could not imagine a better player on the board.

To me, he makes a lot of sense for us. He's the kind of player that fits Houcks style of line play. I guess I'm just a big believer in building the OL if you want to be great. If he were listed at tackle, right now, he would be the second rated tackle in this draft, just behind Long. He's actually a better LT prospect then Long is. I would like him to be a bit stronger but that will come once he gets into the NFL.

His 20 yard numbers are as follows:

6'6" 309 lbs

40 Yd. 5.17
20 Yd. 2.96
10 Yd. 1.71
Bench 23
Vert 26
Broad 9'03"
20 Yd Shuttle is 4.78
3-Cone is 7.97

Here are Jake Long's numbers, the top rated OT in this draft.

6'7" 313 lbs.

40 Yd 5.22
20 Yd 2.97
10 Yd 1.75
Bench 37
Vert 27 1/2
Broad 8'06"
Shuttle 4.73
3- Con 7.44