Vaccaro and Eric Reid would sure up the secondary nicely

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Stop trying to turn Chidobe and Byron into something theyre not. Sure up the secondary with these two guys and keep Heath as depth. This would be a cheap option as well.

Flame suit on

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They most likely will not make any moves until a few weeks into TC.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
About once a week we get these Vaccaro threads. I still don't know why. He wouldn't be an upgrade over what the Cowboys have. There is a reason the Cowboys haven't and won't try to sign him.

Reid - yea there is no way he would ever be a Cowboy. Even if he offered to play for free.

Verdict

Reaction score
About once a week we get these Vaccaro threads. I still don't know why. He wouldn't be an upgrade over what the Cowboys have. There is a reason the Cowboys haven't and won't try to sign him.

Reid - yea there is no way he would ever be a Cowboy. Even if he offered to play for free.

Vaccaro is probably done. He hasn't been all that great for some time which is why he is available.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Cowboys tried to trade for him last season.

And he is about equivalent with what we have, unless he's having a good season(which he has 1 of every 2 seasons) then he's a huge upgrade.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd like to see what the young guys have. Unless it's an all-pro level acquisition - or a depth signing.

We have 3 safeties on the roster. And two of them are questionable starters and the other has promise but a 2nd year guy.

I am generally intrigued why people think we are OK at safety where we can thumb our noses at guys like a Boston or Reid.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He wouldn't be an upgrade over what the Cowboys have.
Why/how can you say this?

Heath is awful. Woods is an unknown. Frazier is a run only safety and at best, an unknown.

Vaccaro and Reid are better than anything we have at safety. Tre Boston as well.

Hopes and wishes aren't stopping Aaron Rodgers in the 4th quarter. Stop being stubborn and arrogant. Go get better players.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
We have 3 safeties on the roster. And two of them are questionable starters and the other has promise but a 2nd year guy.

I am generally intrigued why people think we are OK at safety where we can thumb our noses at guys like a Boston or Reid.

They've bought into the company line. No way that anyone that has a basic understanding of football thinks that Jeff Heath is a capable safety.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

When there's a position of need there's always a few "let the young guys duke it out".

NO WE WANT TALENT. We arent impeding the progress of an underwhelming 6th year player or a 3rd year strictly box safety.

Sydla

Reaction score
They've bought into the company line. No way that anyone that has a basic understanding of football thinks that Jeff Heath is a capable safety.

I think this organization has struggled at times with a concept of hard self assessment - whether that be in the coaching or the personnel.

They tend to overrate what they have. That's showing in the S position where they didn't even draft a S even though they had only 3 safeties on the roster. Sure, they went after Thomas but Thomas was a clear cut improvement. I think they truly believe they have three capable starting Ss on the roster.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score

Please don’t misunderstand what I was trying to say. I’ve been on record saying our biggest need right now is safety depth. I’m just guessing it would take starter money and a big commitment to get Vacarro and Reid. Maybe I’m wrong. I’d take one of them on a 1-year deal. Or maybe even both.