Vaccaro and Eric Reid would sure up the secondary nicely

Sydla

Reaction score
Please don’t misunderstand what I was trying to say. I’ve been on record saying our biggest need right now is safety depth. I’m just guessing it would take starter money and a big commitment to get Vacarro and Reid. Maybe I’m wrong. I’d take one of them on a 1-year deal. Or maybe even both.

I don't think it will cost all that much for either. I mean Reid is basically begging for a job. Granted, as noted above, there is no chance Jerry would sign him for reasons that have nothing to do with football.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
They've bought into the company line. No way that anyone that has a basic understanding of football thinks that Jeff Heath is a capable safety.
The young guys I want to see more of are Woods and Frazier. Not against depth or progress.

erod

Reaction score
Earl Thomas would be the best player on this team next year not named Zeke or Sean.

He would be a HUGE difference maker. Reid and Vaccarro would not.

They need to figure out how to make that happen.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We have 3 safeties on the roster. And two of them are questionable starters and the other has promise but a 2nd year guy.

I am generally intrigued why people think we are OK at safety where we can thumb our noses at guys like a Boston or Reid.
Boston is inconsistent...a lot of misses and bad angles mixed in with a few big plays.....nothing special
Vaccarro was almost out of the league bad....improved slightly.....box safety at best
Reid has the controversy and was playing LB last year......not an option at FS

BJones is as good as any of them right now at FS and we are moving him....we want better, not just names
KFraizer, Heath and Woods are capable at SS and Nickel

We need EThomas and SEA knows this......we just have to meet their price which will drop as TC nears

cern

Reaction score
I'd just let Kris Richard coach what we have. Vacarro's not that good and Reid comes with baggage. We don't need the distraction.

Sydla

Reaction score
Boston is inconsistent...a lot of misses and bad angles mixed in with a few big plays.....nothing special
Vaccarro was almost out of the league bad....improved slightly.....box safety at best

BJones is as good as any of them right now at FS and we are moving him....we want better, not just names

We need EThomas and SEA knows this......we just have to meet their price which will drop as TC nears

For one, you are arguing like I think any of those guys are really good.

But they are all better than what we have, other than maybe Woods. And at this point, that's just the hard reality.

I have a feeling we are going to eventually do something stupid and move Awuzie to S to cover up our total clusterbomb screw up of the S position. Just like how we had to move Collins to the 1 Tech.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
For the record, I think Woods has some FS attributes, he moves well in space and has a knack for finding the ball. His size and inexperience scare me since Heath is our likely fallback plan behind him.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Reid had one good year as a rookie ..... He lost his spot and got moved to LB. His rookie season I think was more to surrounding cast then his amazing play. Its like when players from the Legion of boom left and could not play at same level. BTW I would be thrilled if the Boys signed him as Im sure the media distraction would be fun reads

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
I don’t think Vaccaro is a good football player in general. Not surprised at all he’s still a FA.

Pains me to say because I am a longhorn fan and alum

even you are probably a better safety than Byron Jones and Jeff Heath

cern

Reaction score
Chido possesses the skill set to be a good fs with good coaching.

rags747

Reaction score
Jerry is not signing Reid, not sure why this continues to come up. It ain't happening and he STINKS!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why/how can you say this?

Heath is awful. Woods is an unknown. Frazier is a run only safety and at best, an unknown.

Vaccaro and Reid are better than anything we have at safety. Tre Boston as well.

Hopes and wishes aren't stopping Aaron Rodgers in the 4th quarter. Stop being stubborn and arrogant. Go get better players.
Reid and Boston I agree with could help as upgrades but not Vaccaro. He isn't better then Heath, Woods and Frazier have some talent as well.

I'm on board with Reid and I have been wanting Boston for a few years. Vaccaro not so much

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Earl Thomas would be the best player on this team next year not named Zeke or Sean.

He would be a HUGE difference maker. Reid and Vaccarro would not.

They need to figure out how to make that happen.

Add in Martin and healthy TSmith, Lawrence. And if Dak returns to his 2016 form.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I just hope that Earl Thomas' asking price drops as well.

If he thinks he's going to get paid what Eric Berry is making, he can stay in Seattle.