Vaccaro and Eric Reid would sure up the secondary nicely

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this organization has struggled at times with a concept of hard self assessment - whether that be in the coaching or the personnel.

They tend to overrate what they have. That's showing in the S position where they didn't even draft a S even though they had only 3 safeties on the roster. Sure, they went after Thomas but Thomas was a clear cut improvement. I think they truly believe they have three capable starting Ss on the roster.

The Cowboys actually said several weeks ago they were keeping their eyes out for a safety, yet when they failed to get one they said they were okay with what they have. That's speaking at least a little out of both sides of their mouth, but my guess is what they are saying is that they realize the position could use an upgrade, but they don't think it's so critical they need to overpay or reach for a player to get that upgrade.

I'm personally on the fence about how critical the need is. I certainly think the position could stand an upgrade, but at the same time I think as fans we have to understand that teams generally don't have all questions answered going into every season, and sometimes there has to be reliance on young players stepping up. It definitely will be an interesting situation to follow in training camp and preseason.

We actually have 6 safeties on the roster now, although at least a couple are probably just bodies. Jamail Showers is one of them, and I think this has to be a make or break preseason for him. They've invested enough time on him as it is, so if he still hasn't made enough progress to help out, he has to be released.

Verdict

Reaction score
Why/how can you say this?

Heath is awful. Woods is an unknown. Frazier is a run only safety and at best, an unknown.

Vaccaro and Reid are better than anything we have at safety. Tre Boston as well.

Hopes and wishes aren't stopping Aaron Rodgers in the 4th quarter. Stop being stubborn and arrogant. Go get better players.

Heath is probably the best safety on the roster. He is fast and has talent. I think some scoff at him because he was an udfa but the kid can ball.

Verdict

Reaction score
The Cowboys actually said several weeks ago they were keeping their eyes out for a safety, yet when they failed to get one they said they were okay with what they have. That's speaking at least a little out of both sides of their mouth, but my guess is what they are saying is that they realize the position could use an upgrade, but they don't think it's so critical they need to overpay or reach for a player to get that upgrade.

I'm personally on the fence about how critical the need is. I certainly think the position could stand an upgrade, but at the same time I think as fans we have to understand that teams generally don't have all questions answered going into every season, and sometimes there has to be reliance on young players stepping up. It definitely will be an interesting situation to follow in training camp and preseason.

We actually have 6 safeties on the roster now, although at least a couple are probably just bodies. Jamail Showers is one of them, and I think this has to be a make or break preseason for him. They've invested enough time on him as it is, so if he still hasn't made enough progress to help out, he has to be released.

It probably means they were hoping to upgrade but price/talent/value/risk/reward didn't line up so they aren't going to over react to fill the void.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It probably means they were hoping to upgrade but price/talent/value/risk/reward didn't line up so they aren't going to over react to fill the void.

That's a different, but admittedly better, way of saying what I did.

Verdict

Reaction score
That's ignorant. It's salary cap money. It's not never-ending. What you pay one player is the less you have to pay another.

That's right. That applies to every player and every situation.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lol!! Thats why you named yourself quincycarter!!! What a joke!
Lmao you know you're have a dumb *** remark when you try to make a point out of someone username. Hahah

Should have done something stupid that has no cowboy ties like Ranching lmao

Last edited:

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Why/how can you say this?

Heath is awful. Woods is an unknown. Frazier is a run only safety and at best, an unknown.

Vaccaro and Reid are better than anything we have at safety. Tre Boston as well.

Hopes and wishes aren't stopping Aaron Rodgers in the 4th quarter. Stop being stubborn and arrogant. Go get better players.

Thank you.

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Heath is probably the best safety on the roster. He is fast and has talent. I think some scoff at him because he was an udfa but the kid can ball.

Heath would not start at safety on any other team in the entire NFL. He probably wouldnt even start for the Alabama Tide tbh

CapnB

Reaction score
Kenny V? Nah, I'll pass. Not sure why people think he would be better than Woods when Woods has shown after one season he's way more versatile

Hadenough

Reaction score
Don't want Eric Reid. Vacarro is nothing special. Roll with the guys we have and if the Dline and Lbs play well that will help the whole secondary.