Image: Valley Ranch fields snowed out/Team moving practice to Highland Park High School

DFWJC

Reaction score
It was pushing 80 degrees in Dallas about a week ago.
It will be in the teens tomorrow

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was pushing 80 degrees in Dallas about a week ago.
It will be in the teens tomorrow

A week ago? It was 80 here (houston) Wed...and 40 today. There's a reason I can't get healthy! Boo sickness, boo!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I love this weather today. I wish it would stay like this all month.

Zordon

Reaction score
Well, the fact that they have one makes it better than the Cowboys. They also spent 4.5mill on it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/texas-high-school-4-5m-222400273--nfl.html

HPpractice.jpg

fnlyr7pv.jpg

Highland%20Park%20ISD%20Multi-Purpose_3.jpg
I guess Highland Park High School have an amazing facility? How is it better than Cowboys?
not surprised highland park might be the richest neighborhood in the state.

Last edited:

JPM

Reaction score
Ex
Not if the fields weren't protected from the elements enough for the teams to practice effectively. The fields are probably rock hard under that snow. Team would accomplish nothing on it.
Except getting injured.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. We are playing a night game in Chicago, where temps are most likely going to be very low. And we're going to practice INSIDE?

You've got to be kidding me. This is a bit of an overreaction, but I am partially expecting a loss now. If we were playing Minnesota or Detroit that'd be one thing, but we move practice INSIDE when we're going to playing OUTSIDE at night in sub 30 degree weather. Ugh.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I love Texas. Im a only a couple hours south and I could wear shorts outside.

You could but you'd look like a dope doing it.

I live in San Antonio and its 35 degrees today.

I'm in warmups..2 pairs of sox and a Parka.

;-(

DFWJC

Reaction score
A week ago? It was 80 here (houston) Wed...and 40 today. There's a reason I can't get healthy! Boo sickness, boo!

pobrecita!

Hope you get better soon.
Man, that is nicer than a lot of pro facilities.

School taxes must be astronomical there!

They give massive amounts away due to the Robin Hood law. But there are enough very wealthy residents to offset it with private donations.

I think since the beginning of the UIL athletic system in Texas, Highland Park is the winningest program in the state. They are 4A though. I hear they are getting bumped up to the new 6A beginning next year and will be one the smallest schools in that category....so the competiton will be very rough going forward.

I think they may be the only school in the coutry to have the number one pick in the NFL draft and one the very top (#3 maybe?) picks in the Major ,eague draft in the same season.
Matt Stafford and Clayton Kershaw in the same year....that is insane.