Value of the DT's

king987

Reaction score
Of all the frustrating things about this franchise, their consistent refusal to invest in both the Defensive Tackle and Safety positions might be the worst.

Just as consistently, the Dallas Run D gets shredded right up the middle. Meanwhile, their safeties are out of position or getting smoked, or both!

It makes sense, clearly.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Good player, but not a nose tackle... If you want a 3-tech, then sure.
Not sure Dallas does, though.

Most defense is run out of nickel. I wouldn't pass up an excellent 3 tech. The interior of the defense is it's weak spot. They really need help at both interior spots of a 4 man front (not to mention 3-4 DEs who can 2 gap).

Hardline

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us there are no blue chip DEs in this draft class. And even if there was he probably wouldn't fall to 10.

kskboys

Reaction score
Of all the frustrating things about this franchise, their consistent refusal to invest in both the Defensive Tackle and Safety positions might be the worst.

Just as consistently, the Dallas Run D gets shredded right up the middle. Meanwhile, their safeties are out of position or getting smoked, or both!

It makes sense, clearly.
We were getting shredded up the middle all the way back to when Ratliff was out NT. See the BALT game. 08, I think.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
We were getting shredded up the middle all the way back to when Ratliff was out NT. See the BALT game. 08, I think.
I remember one time when Ratliff got hurt (2012 IIRC) thinking how much better the defense was with a JAG like Josh Brent at NT rotating with Sean Lissemore (anyone remember him, lol? ...anybody?).

kskboys

Reaction score
I remember one time when Ratliff got hurt (2012 IIRC) thinking how much better the defense was with a JAG like Josh Brent at NT rotating with Sean Lissemore (anyone remember him, lol? ...anybody?).
I do. Rats would make a few plays and get 5-6 sacks, but would so often hurt us because he was too easily moved due to build

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I wanted him in the draft, but noooooooooooooooooo, we just had to have a RB(Scarborough) who had zero shot at even making the roster.
I never understood why they always pass up some of these mid to late round run stuffing DTs like Ford, Tim Settle, Nnadi and Saunders (KC drafted both!).
There are always a handful of good ones in every draft.
A handful in this next draft, too.
I like Marvin Wilson DT from FSU, myself.