Van Halen Rumored to Tour With Original Lineup in 2019

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I did say EVH replaced MA with his son, Wolfgang, but let's look at the timeline of the events you just laid out. All of that occurred way before MA was terminated. Wolfgang didn't join VH until 2006, which by that time EVH had his life more together and was making better decisions. I don't think making VH a family affair was a bad decision. MA was busy working on his own side projects and the communications between EVH and MA was never that great so when it came time to get the band back together after a long hiatus, EVH never bothered to include MA. A jerk move, no doubt but a mistake? No, I don't think so.

Yep they screwed Anthony, lets just be glad Alex doesn't have a son that could carry a tune. Then the band would be 100% VH. :laugh:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
This is the last thing I've seen EVH do. March 2017

And it may be the last thing we see...….
Saw them in Tulsa/2012 for the last time and they had scheduled OKC for Sept of that same year but they cancelled it as well as around 30 dates with pretty much no explanation. As much as it pains me to say it I believe they are done, what baffles me is the total lack of communication with the fans.
Are they retired?
What are the plans{if any}for the future?
Any new material/tours?
Any box sets?

Instead we get the same ole same ole, which is total silence.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Van Halen trivia of the day. The 1995 album, Balance features on its front cover a conjoined twin on a see-saw. In reality, it was a photoshopped picture of Wolfgang Van Halen as a child. In some countries, the album was released, sans the photoshopping of the image... just "Wolfie" as a normal child.

vh2.jpg

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Van Halen trivia of the day. The 1995 album, Balance features on its front cover a conjoined twin on a see-saw. In reality, it was a photoshopped picture of Wolfgang Van Halen as a child. In some countries, the album was released, sans the photoshopping of the image... just "Wolfie" as a normal child.

vh2.jpg

Did not know this, thank you!

rynochop

Reaction score
It's not Wolf, that was just a rumor, he was some kid from Denver. .but yes it wasn't released in Japan because of the deformity.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's not Wolf, that was just a rumor, he was some kid from Denver. .but yes it wasn't released in Japan because of the deformity.
Thank you for the correction. To further confirm this is not Wolfie, I found this explanation from the guy that created the image. So, read it if you're interested...

https://pigtailsinpaint.org/2012/03/glen-wexler-van-halen/

From Glen Wexler on March 14, 2012
As the creator of the images, I thought I would chime in to set the record straight.
First off, the analysis of the piece is spot on. It’s all about the layers of irony.
Warner Bros. was also aware of the Japanese cultural issues regarding deformities in advance of the release, and we created the second version for that market. MTV and other press made a big deal about the album cover being “censored in Japan.” That was simply a distortion to fabricate a “news” story.
The original title of the album was “The Seventh Seal.” I originally worked on concepts to illustrate that title. One of the ideas involved an image of a young child. During the casting session I found this very androgynous looking four-year-old boy. The boy is NOT Wolfie, who was a bit younger at the time. The band came to the conclusion that “The Seventh Seal” was not the best title and we switched directions for the cover art.
When I asked what the new title “Balance,” meant to the band, Alex discussed the turmoil and changes surrounding Van Halen. We settled on the notion of exploring the duality of the human psyche. I produced several rough sketches to illustrate the concept, including the conjoined twins on the seesaw, which would be created by combining photographs of the androgynous child.
Any speculation that one side represented Alex and the other Eddie is just that. It was never intended.

rynochop

Reaction score
If you pull up wolfs Instagram he has a baby pic, It does kind of resemble him.

DLR is on Joe Rogans podcast today..maybe he'll say something about this rumor

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I heard a couple of rumors over the years... and recently that the rumors of the rumors are just that.

This BAND will NEVER get back together for a legit tour run. Can’t even do one date.