Twitter: Vander Esch is on a mission

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Leighton Vander Esch will be around The Star for almost all of the offseason, frustrated that his 2020 season was slowed by collarbone and high ankle injuries. “I’m going to train my frickin’ butt off this offseason. I’m not really going anywhere. I’m going home for two weeks and I’m coming right back. I’m going to be here training all the way through February, March and April. That’s just what it is. I’m already looking forward to it. I’m on a mission, and I think all the guys should be too.”

i

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

I didn't know that LVE is mormon..................

Proof

Reaction score

Leighton Vander Esch will be around The Star for almost all of the offseason, frustrated that his 2020 season was slowed by collarbone and high ankle injuries. “I’m going to train my frickin’ butt off this offseason. I’m not really going anywhere. I’m going home for two weeks and I’m coming right back. I’m going to be here training all the way through February, March and April. That’s just what it is. I’m already looking forward to it. I’m on a mission, and I think all the guys should be too.”

i

I like this post. But have a firm not giving you actual likes policy.

Proof

Reaction score
It definitely is encouraging. Just believe injuries aren't the only thing holding back his play recently.
Curious how the weight room will be treated due to C-19. anyone know any local restrictions for Arlington?

I’d assume a multi millionaire athlete has several options lol

Kwyn

Reaction score

i

This guy has been on a mission to never come close to realizing the hype here in the Fan Zone since his rookie season

Part of this mission will undoubtedly be to get hurt during the offseason. The more football activity he does, the higher his risk of injury.

He’s way too fragile to be a reliable part of the plan, not to mention he’s regressed when he’s on the field which is not something you usually see so early in a career.

He and his agent, who has at times presented himself as an orthopedic medicine genius, have got to lay the groundwork for contract hype

But, we all knew the injury risk when he was drafted and chose to ignore it so I guess what we have is pretty much to be expected

I don’t hate the guy but other than a few big games his rookie year and the Wolf call, which fans seem to love, he just doesn’t do much for me, or the team.

John813

Reaction score
I’d assume a multi millionaire athlete has several options lol

True, but he says he wants to be at the Star. Just didn't know if there were any restrictions in that area, especially if a lot of players show up. Or maybe Jerry will have the cameras off so no one will know how many show up unless some idiot does some tiktoks while training

Zman5

Reaction score
He saw it working for Jaylon getting a fat contract from Jerrah so.....

Kidding aside, good luck to LVE but having a bad neck as a LB doesn't bode well.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel bad for LVE. Injuries are the only thing holding him back from being a great LB. Unfortunately they’re simply not preventable.
It depends on the reason for them. If you're going all out, sideline to sideline on every play, your chances of getting injured increase dramatically. I personally think that's Lee's biggest problem.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Everyone's gonna talk mad crap about him now because that's what CZ does but this is exactly what I want to hear from everyone on the team after 6-10.

Uhhhh......So what has he been doing before the previous seasons? I smell a contract year approaching.

aria

Reaction score
Sounds like he’s been hanging around Dlaw and Jaylon too much.

Creeper

Reaction score
What are the odds he hurts himself working out and misses all of training camp and the first 3 games of the next season?

birdwells1

Reaction score
This is great to read. Only thing is not sure either of his injuries (collarbone, high ankle sprain) this year could have been prevented from more training.
Don't forget the neck injury, that's too many areas of concern for a high impact position like linebacker.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I'd be more frustrated by being historically bad than being dinged up.

All this fricking defense does is talk. Nobody on the offense (except maybe Zeke sometimes) opens their mouth like these guys on defense do.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Sweet! He will be in peak physical condition when he runs into the wrong gaps next season