Vander-ugh

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
LVE is not a bad person. He is not trying to steal or deceive anyone. It's not that he doesn't care. When it is time for him to leave, so be it. I'm sure he will do it with far more dignity than some posters who now treat him like a low life bum.

I know this may sound coarse and it's not my intention for it to be, but there is some serious deficiency that has led to the NFL body that LVE is bringing to the game.

I get the fused neck. I absolutely do, and I would have made a different decision if it was me, but how do you explain the body type he is carrying?

I heard another poster say he can't lift because of the neck issue. I don't get how you can sculpt your body a bit more on the arms, chest and abdomen with a fused neck?

The fused neck and spine should limit your dynamic mobility, but to not lift weights on even a Nautilus??? Come on. Free weights I get it, but a machine?

What I see IMO is a guy who has lost zest for the game. You can lose physical ability. Lots have, but I see a player who has lost passion for the game, and has let his body go. Something is up here.

Mannix

Reaction score
isn't there any other warm bodies at LB that can move better? he really is 1/2 a man....if that

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Sean Lee could step back on the field tomorrow and outplay LVE.

Which is sad, hoped the neck surgery would salvage his career.

Durability was Lee's problem.
Productivity is Vandy's problem.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson would have told him to go play on the fused neck field.
My take with LVE not being right, does not have to do with his injury, but maybe with Quinn’s defense. Three defensive coordinators in three years?

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson would have told him to go play on the fused neck field.
May his post Cowboy endeavors be filled with good health & prosperity. As for now though he stinks on the field and should be replaced ASAP.

bewp7

Reaction score
wish cox did not get hurt lve would already be on the bench for good

he will be gone next year any way

stupid chargers took derwin james other wise he would have been the pick cowboys love him

Staubacher

Reaction score
I know this may sound coarse and it's not my intention for it to be, but there is some serious deficiency that has led to the NFL body that LVE is bringing to the game.

I get the fused neck. I absolutely do, and I would have made a different decision if it was me, but how do you explain the body type he is carrying?

I heard another poster say he can't lift because of the neck issue. I don't get how you can sculpt your body a bit more on the arms, chest and abdomen with a fused neck?

The fused neck and spine should limit your dynamic mobility, but to not lift weights on even a Nautilus??? Come on. Free weights I get it, but a machine?

What I see IMO is a guy who has lost zest for the game. You can lose physical ability. Lots have, but I see a player who has lost passion for the game, and has let his body go. Something is up here.
I think you're both right. He is playing with less zeal and abandon. But I think it is because of his injury. With his neck issues serious crippling or even paraplegia is on his mind so he is unconsciously taking it a lot easier than he did.

Stak78

Reaction score
I think he played well at the beginning of the year. Especially with Jaylon playing awful it was easy to say at least LVE is playing better than him. I can no longer deny the decline in his play. He’s aways on his heels. I feel bad for him in a way though. Our DTs and scheme the previous two years had guards easily getting to the second level to pound LVE into the ground. That’s how his collar bone got broke last year. But there really is no reason to resign him. Damn shame. He was great his rookie season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There has to be someone on the streets looking for a job better than him. He has no right to be starting

Wouldn't suprise me if no team picks him up next year

Yeah. One thing I’m surprised about is the team’s lack of action in Bri gong another linebacker option in. There are still guys out there and some team are putting bets on their practice squad. I’d like to see more urgency there from us.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What’s maddening to me is how he gets manhandled and simply moved out of the way by blockers. Couple that with the loafing around and it’s just unacceptable.

The team needs to continue to address the position next year. Cox should be fine but coming off injury. I don’t know the contract status of Bernard or Gifford, and I think they let Neal walk.
That one play against the Saints last week. Cant remember it may have been Hill running and LVE just fell down. Its incredible hes still on this roster. I honestly think the team cutting Jaylon made him lazy and he wants out but wants his paycheck at the same time.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Yeah. One thing I’m surprised about is the team’s lack of action in Bri gong another linebacker option in. There are still guys out there and some team are putting bets on their practice squad. I’d like to see more urgency there from us.

We need to bring some other options beyond our own roster for this final stretch. If they have wheels, can play with abandon, listen and carry out instructions we should bring them in for a look.

We lost Urban recently. I an concerned about the amount of pressure on the LB core as we move deeper into the season and the games become more meaningful.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to bring some other options beyond our own roster for this final stretch. If they have wheels, can play with abandon, listen and carry out instructions we should bring them in for a look.

We lost Urban recently. I an concerned about the amount of pressure on the LB core as we move deeper into the season and the games become more meaningful.

I completely agree with you. Outside of Parsons, the linebacker group isn’t doing much of anything, and that needs to change. The team should be working guys out and getting looks at other options. It’s clearly an area ripe for upgrade.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
This isn't fair on LVE because Big MP is mooching all LVE's tackles.