Vandy Should Be Blamed, But What About Romo & His 2 Red Zone INTs?!?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
superpunk said:
I'm not sure Bledsoe knew what Texas was at that point.

He also got his arm hit as he threw because the mixup with the running back.

wileedog

Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
Yup, and not only that but they showed a replay and his arm was hit when he threw it, which is why it came out the way it did.

So no excuses for Romo, but we can make them all day for Bledsoe?

And for the record I want Drew starting this year. Just that the double standard seems a bit odd.

itoldyouSOE

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
And what about Everybody's All American, Sam Hurd, dropping an easy TD catch that hit him right in the hands. And what about Crayton showing a bad case of Pinkston-itis pulling up on his route.

Does Romo take any blame? If it were Bledsoe who did this, would you or others be saying the team just doesn't play hard for him or he doesn't have "moxie," so he would in deed be to blame?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
itoldyouSOE said:
I am a Bledsoe fan but I honestly believe Drew gives us the best chance to win. He may get sacked more than Romo, but when was the last time a scrambling QB like Vick or McNabb won a Super Bowl?

So, because Romo doesn't take sacks, he's a "scrambler"?

Your point might hold more weight if you didn't compare a guy who completed 30 of 45 passes last night (with numerous drops) to Michael Vick.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
wileedog said:
So no excuses for Romo, but we can make them all day for Bledsoe?

And for the record I want Drew starting this year. Just that the double standard seems a bit odd.

You'll see that I mentioned nothing about Romo, blame or otherwise. I only saw the first half so I didn't see Romo's interceptions. I only saw Bledsoes and was commenting on what I saw.

itoldyouSOE

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
On Romo's first INT the receiver was supposed to be in the spot where he threw the ball. Crayton did not run the route properly and it was very plain to see. But the second one was squarely on Romo; he needed to get set and get some zip on the ball to make that throw and he tried to throw it on the run.

Romo has a strong arm and can throw on the move about as well as anyone I can remember. But last night he tried to make two throws that he should not have tried; the one over the middle into traffic that he was lucky that it did not get picked and the second one that did get picked in the end zone. After both throws I started looking to see if they had let Crankcase back on the field.

It was not just Romo who was out of sync last night it was the whole team; they just did not look sharp. Of course part of that was that Minn was a better team than we have faced before but there was just a lot of confusion on the field. Things just didn't look right. But I'm glad they got that out of their systems before the Jax game. They will have 10 days to fix it and this game gave BP plenty of ammunition to lay into the team with this week.

Agreed. Like I said, Romo looked really good on a lot of plays but like the rest of the team (including Bledsoe), he scuffled at times. I'm not overly concerned. Its the 4th preseason game.

wileedog

Reaction score
itoldyouSOE said:
Does Romo take any blame? If it were Bledsoe who did this, would you or others be saying the team just doesn't play hard for him or he doesn't have "moxie," so he would in deed be to blame?

The guy threw 45 passes and 1 was a bad decision. He racked up 350 yards in 3 quarters of play. He would have won the game twice had WRs not dropped balls or run the right route.

I don't understand why anyone is blaming him for anything. (or Bledsoe for that matter).

wileedog

Reaction score
TheEnigma said:
You'll see that I mentioned nothing about Romo, blame or otherwise. I only saw the first half so I didn't see Romo's interceptions. I only saw Bledsoes and was commenting on what I saw.

Sorry, that was more pointed at the OP.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
itoldyouSOE said:

He takes blame for the 2nd pick, which was a horrible throw. No excuses.

The first one was Crayton's fault.

But, quite frankly, when I hear people hanging him up for a night when he goes 30 for 45, for 345 yards ... I have to wonder where they are coming from or what they expect. Romo was the least of our problems last night, if not our biggest bright spot.

And I have to laugh at all these people who wants Parcells to "open the offense up", and then get their panties in a wad when there are picks and bad throws when you put the ball up in the air 56 times. Did you ever stop to think that maybe there is a reason why most head coaches don't like to throw the ball 60 times a game? Duh. Law of averages says when you spin the roulette wheel enough times eventually the ball will land on double 0.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
wileedog said:
I don't understand why anyone is blaming him for anything. (or Bledsoe for that matter).

He threw a very bad interception to Offord. He clearly deserves blame for that. He even admitted he didn't see the safety coming in over the top.

wileedog

Reaction score
Alexander said:
He threw a very bad interception to Offord. He clearly deserves blame for that. He even admitted he didn't see the safety coming in over the top.

If he makes 1 bad decision every 45 throws he will be far ahead of most QBs in this league.

itoldyouSOE

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Romo should be starting. He is a leader and has the backing of the team. He will only get better as he plays. drew is a nice QB, but a statue with an unimpressive OL is not a good way to go.

Bledsoe, possible concussion and all, completed 9 of 11 passes, an 82% completion rate. Not bad for a "statue with an unimpressive OL."

And if we're dishing out excuses, Bledsoe's arm was hit on his INT so its not like he got confused at what color team he was throwing to.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Who cares about blame? It's the preseason. Here's what bothers me.

Other than the Saints game this offense moved the ball but didn't put points on the board. Unacceptable. Vandy had 2 misses? Big deal. 6 points cannot replace 14 anyway.

I love it that we are throwing the football. I believe the offense will get it together. No critical injuries last night though some bumps and bruises to key players is concerning. Lucky there's a long week to Sunday. They'll be ready. We're moving the ball, but not scoring. That has to change.

Let Commanders and Eagles fans play the blame game. In football there are basic irrefutable facts. It takes an entire team to win...and lose. We didn't play well enough to win. Bottom line.

Hopefully that and some anger by Parcells wakes some people up for Jacksonville.

Screw the "he's my favorite QB" agendas and finger pointing at individuals. As a team we need to score more. When the defense is giving us 10 point efforts we can't squander that away. That is what is unacceptable.

Woods

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
And what about Everybody's All American, Sam Hurd, dropping an easy TD catch that hit him right in the hands. And what about Crayton showing a bad case of Pinkston-itis pulling up on his route.

You mean this is a team game?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Whocares about blame? It's the preseason. Here's what bothers me.

Other than the Saints game this offense moved the bal but didn't put points ont he board. Unacceptable. Vandy had 2 misses? Big deal. 6 points cannot replace 14 anyway.

I love it that we are throwing the football. I believe the offense will get it together. No critical injuries last night though some bumps and bruises to key players is concerning. Lucky there's a long week to Sunday. They'll be ready. We're moving the ball but not scoring. That has to change.

Let Commanders and Eagles fans play the blame game. In football there are basic irrefutable facts. It takes an entire team to win...and lose. We didn't play well enough to win. Bottom line.

Hopefully that and some anger by Parcells wakes some people up for Jacksonville.

Screw the "he's my favorite QB" agendas and finger pointing at individuals. As a team we need to score more. When the defense is giving us 10 point efforts we can't squander that away. That is what is unacceptable.
:hammer:

LD Fan

Reaction score
itoldyouSOE said:
I am a Bledsoe fan but I honestly believe Drew gives us the best chance to win. He may get sacked more than Romo, but when was the last time a scrambling QB like Vick or McNabb won a Super Bowl?

Since when did being able to move in the pocket = "scrambling QB"? I don't question peoples motives but when I hear them mischaracterize like that they don't have creditability with me. They say it, it gets repeated and suddenly it's a fact. Sort of like the "Romo has a weak arm" bs someone started on here. And, by the way, when was the last time Bledsoe won a Super Bowl?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
noshame said:
When Romo has 24 regular season games under his belt, I will form an opinion. Much like the one I have already formed of Bledsoe, which is, he's toast behind the current OL.

Vanderjerk just needs to go...now.

Romo made some mistake it happens. I don't know what you want me to say, I guess we could have hit shot. It was a pre-season game and overall a lot of guys were making mental mistakes it happens especially when talking the last pre-season game. Over all I think this has been a very good camp for the team with a lot of positives coming out and I expect this club to be in the thick of the division this season.

jg1411

Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
Romo should be starting. He is a leader and has the backing of the team. He will only get better as he plays. drew is a nice QB, but a statue with an unimpressive OL is not a good way to go.
BULL.... where do you get your inside information??? Do you clean the jockstraps or what?