Vaughn Will Have A Better Year Than Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have zero idea what point you were trying to make, and thus asked you to clarify.

If leaving the point to die is good enough for you...it's good enough for me.
Sorry....thought i was clear.
Tony assumes a new role this year. Rb by committee or not....he is the lead back. We can compare his and zekes numbers after completing at least one season in this new role.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Sorry....thought i was clear.
Tony assumes a new role this year. Rb by committee or not....he is the lead back. We can compare his and zekes numbers after completing at least one season in this new role.

I'm surprised you did not challenge the dude on his numbers.. since Zeke only played 7 of those first 9 games and didn't get to suit up against the Bears (#31) and Packers (#26) horrid run defenses. All the other noise conveniently ignores the fact that Zeke routinely got 4-5 times as many short yardage and goal line totes all of which will drag one's average down. I think Pollard can get the job done in those situations but he's not as good at it as Zeke and shouldn't try to be. Fortunately I don't think the Cowboys will try to use Pollard the way they used Zeke. That would be monumentally stupid. Pollard is not built for that kind of load but is an absolute weapon the way he has been used to date. They need to keep on that track and find someone to fill that power back role.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Depends on the parameters of "better" really. Overall stats, YPC, TDs it depends. If Zeke gets 15 carries a game I highly doubt Vaughan will come close to his stats. Also I believe most of Vaughan's TDs will have to come from outside the redzone.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm surprised you did not challenge the dude on his numbers.. since Zeke only played 7 of those first 9 games and didn't get to suit up against the Bears (#31) and Packers (#26) horrid run defenses. All the other noise conveniently ignores the fact that Zeke routinely got 4-5 times as many short yardage and goal line totes all of which will drag one's average down. I think Pollard can get the job done in those situations but he's not as good at it as Zeke and shouldn't try to be. Fortunately I don't think the Cowboys will try to use Pollard the way they used Zeke. That would be monumentally stupid. Pollard is not built for that kind of load but is an absolute weapon the way he has been used to date. They need to keep on that track and find someone to fill that power back role.
All good points and way to logical and reasonable for Zeke hat....er ...critics.

I also wrote that I hope we manage Tony using his awesome skill sets.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You saw what he did in college but every NFL team, including the Cowboys, passed on him in the draft multiple times. If any team thought he could impact games he’d have been gone long before the sixth round. At best he’ll be a contributor, which is a success for a running back selected in the sixth round in the contemporary NFL. My eyes see the Cowboys don’t have Texas Tech and Baylor on their schedule this season. 5’ 5”, 175 lbs. will provide limited production and hopefully one or two exciting moments in a 17 game season.
I love this argument, "How will Duece make it in the NFL he is 5'5 against NFL defenders, I dont see any defenders bigger than 5'5 in the NCAA!" Players growing a couple feet taller from Alabama uneversity to the NFL? Ooh thats right he only played UTT and UB.. didnt go over 100 rushing against alabama or TCU (yeah that sucky school) or Oklahoma, or UT or...jesus. But Bjon Robinson will be great look at the NCAA defenses he played against not those scrubs Duece killed....

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm happy as a clam he didn't come back and tried to tell you he wasn't coming back.

Only zeke apologists like you rant and rave about RB's blocking skills. They are called "running" backs for a reason.

No sensible Cowboys fan would want Zeke coming back to this team based on how horrible he ran the ball the last few years and how much the coaches were either forced or too dumb to sit him on the bench.

Its good riddance and goodbye.

Feel free to watch the Pats all you want.

It's 3 million guaranteed and another 3 million he can earn with incentives. Smart way to do it.
Yep. Did you see those incentives? He might make slightly over 3M for the year. Because he's not hitting any of the yards incentives.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dowdle can easily fill that roll. Zeke replaced by a practice squad scrub.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Depends on the parameters of "better" really. Overall stats, YPC, TDs it depends. If Zeke gets 15 carries a game I highly doubt Vaughan will come close to his stats. Also I believe most of Vaughan's TDs will have to come from outside the redzone.
Zeke vs Vaughn. LOL

Oh how the mighty Zeke has fallen. Replaced by a practice squad scrub and now getting compared to a 6th round rookie.

Flamma

Reaction score
Didnt look at them.
Total Yards Incentives
$300,000 each for 1100, 1225, 1350, 1475

He's not hitting any of those.

Playing Time Incentives
$300,000 each for 50%, 55%, 60%, 65%, 70% snaps

I don't know how the Patriots intend to use him. So I'm not sure how many he'll hit here. I'm guessing two tops.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dowdle can easily fill that roll. Zeke replaced by a practice squad scrub.
We shall see.. The bar is set at roughly 900 yards and 12 TDs and being #1 in the league in converting short yardage situations. How much money are you willing to wager Dowdle doesn't come close to that?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We shall see.. The bar is set at roughly 900 yards and 12 TDs and being #1 in the league in converting short yardage situations. How much money are you willing to wager Dowdle doesn't come close to that?
bwaaaaa!!!!.…..Zeke was featured here, dowdle wont be. he can replace the only thing zeke was remotely good at. Short yardage. Ill bet he averages more than the horrid 3.8 ypc

pollard on the other hand will more than smoke zeke as the featured back.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
The bar is set at roughly 900 yards
Counting stats usually don't mean diddly squat.

I'll explain from a basketball perspective. In 2014 an aging Kobe Bryant still posted 22 points a game. But he was only doing it because he was shooting every chance he got. He was only making 35% of his shots and was completely useless from the 3 point line. Couldn't throw it in the ocean.

Kobe got his points but only helped bury his Lakers, who were one of the worst teams in the league that year, finishing near last at 27-55. Kobe was selfish and he *totally sucked* that year. His value was only negative.

Efficiency stats are where it's at. In basketball that's scoring per shot, or other thoughtful modern stats. In football that's stuff like yards per carry, yards per catch.

Last edited:

T-RO

Reaction score
900 yards...How much money are you willing to wager Dowdle doesn't come close to that?
If Dowdle were to get anything close to Zeke's 231 carries (2022)...Rico would crush that. As would Pollard. As would Vaughn.

Crush it.

Zeke got 231 carries and he could only muster 900 yards?!? WTH? That's JAG territory.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
bwaaaaa!!!!.…..Zeke was featured here, dowdle wont be. he can replace the only thing zeke was remotely good at. Short yardage. Ill bet he averages more than the horrid 3.8 ypc

pollard on the other hand will more than smoke zeke as the featured back.
So shall I take that as a no you don't believe Dowdle will equal what Zeke did last year? And all Pollard has to do to surpass Zeke is average 100 yards a game three years in a row and lead the NFL in rushing 2 of the 3. Piece o cake right? After all someone, I can't remember who, stated repeatedly that anybody could do what Zeke did with all those carries. Now we get to see.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
If Dowdle were to get anything close to Zeke's 231 carries (2022)...Rico would crush that. As would Pollard. As would Vaughn.

Crush it.

Zeke got 231 carries and he could only muster 900 yards?!? WTH? That's JAG territory.
Nah that's playing 8 games in a knee brace and almost always running up the middle territory. Zeke's body broke down because of the brain dead way he was used the last 4 years under Moore. Too much blocking people 50-100 pounds heavier than him, too much running into the teeth of the defense behind suspect blocking. It is what it is. His demise was inevitable once that became our M.O. on offense. It was just a matter of time. I just hope they don't do the same thing to Pollard. We need him fresh and ready to roll come playoff time.. not beaten down and limping to the finish line. Then of course we need him to stay healthy in the playoffs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Nah that's playing 8 games in a knee brace and almost always running up the middle territory. Zeke's body broke down because of the brain dead way he was used the last 4 years under Moore. Too much blocking people 50-100 pounds heavier than him, too much running into the teeth of the defense behind suspect blocking. It is what it is. His demise was inevitable once that became our M.O. on offense. It was just a matter of time. I just hope they don't do the same thing to Pollard. We need him fresh and ready to roll come playoff time.. not beaten down and limping to the finish line. Then of course we need him to stay healthy in the playoffs.
KM is getting fan mail in SD with fans using "X" while taking pictures of 4 WR's all stopping on a curl rioute with the Caption "***" sriously that happened their last pre season game lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So shall I take that as a no you don't believe Dowdle will equal what Zeke did last year? And all Pollard has to do to surpass Zeke is average 100 yards a game three years in a row and lead the NFL in rushing 2 of the 3. Piece o cake right? After all someone, I can't remember who, stated repeatedly that anybody could do what Zeke did with all those carries. Now we get to see

I never said dowdle would equal his production. Lol

That is a desperate lie trying to change the argument.

is dowdle going to get 200 carries? Bwaaa!!!

Pollard is replacing zeke and hell yah i will take that bet. You already saw the result last year, but if you need to
Lose again ill take your money

You braggged about zekes short yardage prowess and i said that is easliy replaced by dowdle.

Quite frankky anyone can replace the horrid zeke. His 3.8 yoc is pathetic.

How they divvy up the extra carries is anyones guess.

Maybe you can become a pats fan?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So shall I take that as a no you don't believe Dowdle will equal what Zeke did last year? And all Pollard has to do to surpass Zeke is average 100 yards a game three years in a row and lead the NFL in rushing 2 of the 3. Piece o cake right? After all someone, I can't remember who, stated repeatedly that anybody could do what Zeke did with all those carries. Now we get to see.
Zeke got cut and pollard made the pro bowl and took his job.

Pollard > zeke

You lost! Admit it and move on.

Your hero barely got a job. Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If that’s true, we’re going to have some problems this season. He’s a talented player, but we’re going to have to be able to run consistently between the tackles and move the chains or we’re going to be relying on Dak, and our kicker. Our backs are also going to be asked to block a lot this season. If we struggle to pick up a yard, it’s going to lead to some major problems. Plus we have some concerns on our OL.
Are you going to miss zeke and his 3.8 ypc average?

Status
Not open for further replies.