Vaughn Will Have A Better Year Than Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

glimmerman

Reaction score
FYI........dowdle is equally good at short yardage as Zeke and has the speed to break longer runs. Catches the ball better and can actually make guys miss. Not sure on his pass blocking as I havent seen it. Zeke is easily replaced by Dowdle.

Dowdle, however, seems to have an injury problem.
Did you just say Dowdle. How many plays had he been in on. How many plays last week before he fumbled the ball. He has a long way to go before he hits Malik level. And I don’t care who graded pass protection and said Pollard is better than Elliot. Elliot is better than Pollard. I like Pollard a lot and if he comes back as strong as before the injury then he can handle 15 totes a game and a few passes but we need a Deuce to now take what Pollard started out as. A compliment. We may be seeing The Cowboys finally going without a bell cow RB. Gonna be strange isn’t it.

You’re still getting me confused with a person that has blind love for a player and can not see the play he has left to give. Elliot can still be useful and if he came back cheap and played his role I think he would earn the spot. JJ likes bell cows that can go 20+ runs a game plus pass and screens and blocking. Elliot ain’t it anymore but I don’t think Pollard will be either. We move on from him next year unless he can change minds. He is a real good RB. I just wonder how Deuce is going to do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Did you just say Dowdle. How many plays had he been in on. How many plays last week before he fumbled the ball. He has a long way to go before he hits Malik level. And I don’t care who graded pass protection and said Pollard is better than Elliot. Elliot is better than Pollard. I like Pollard a lot and if he comes back as strong as before the injury then he can handle 15 totes a game and a few passes but we need a Deuce to now take what Pollard started out as. A compliment. We may be seeing The Cowboys finally going without a bell cow RB. Gonna be strange isn’t it.

You’re still getting me confused with a person that has blind love for a player and can not see the play he has left to give. Elliot can still be useful and if he came back cheap and played his role I think he would earn the spot. JJ likes bell cows that can go 20+ runs a game plus pass and screens and blocking. Elliot ain’t it anymore but I don’t think Pollard will be either. We move on from him next year unless he can change minds. He is a real good RB. I just wonder how Deuce is going to do.
That catch and run where Dowdle fumbled Zeke could never do. The fumble is concerning. My point is that Zeke is easily replaced.

JJ likes? JJ liked Zeke. LOL

So what JJ likes is laughable. Even going into the playoffs last year, Jerry was still staying dumb things like:

"we have to get back to featuring Zeke. We go as Zeke goes"

Thats how completely out of touch Jerry is. I really could care less what Jerry likes. You shouldnt care either.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That catch and run where Dowdle fumbled Zeke could never do. The fumble is concerning. My point is that Zeke is easily replaced.

JJ likes? JJ liked Zeke. LOL

So what JJ likes is laughable. Even going into the playoffs last year, Jerry was still staying dumb things like:

"we have to get back to featuring Zeke. We go as Zeke goes"

Thats how completely out of touch Jerry is. I really could care less what Jerry likes. You shouldnt care either.
That post I can like. With JJ I agree. Lol. But what’s sad is he has the keys to the car. He gets what he wants to a certain extent. Elliot will do fine with pats. Keep an eye on him trying to come back. I worry more about Pollard than anything else. If he is not the same then it’s not good. He has to trust that leg to cut and twist and push off. Took Dak a while to trust his and then the pats game he injured it again and took longer to mentally trust it again. Same with Gallup..

Dowdle can carry a ball around for the rest of preseason, everyone he comes across needs to try to knock the ball out of his hands. If he can stay healthy and quit fumbling he could be it. Before his injury he was one of my pet cats. Watching him play I thought he could unseat Pollard and maybe take over for Elliot when he was gone. If Dowdle was not injured then we would not be paying Pollard that 10 million and hoping he comes back the same. Something about the way he runs. Not sure if he is a Troy Hambrick or a starter.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That post I can like. With JJ I agree. Lol. But what’s sad is he has the keys to the car. He gets what he wants to a certain extent. Elliot will do fine with pats. Keep an eye on him trying to come back. I worry more about Pollard than anything else. If he is not the same then it’s not good. He has to trust that leg to cut and twist and push off. Took Dak a while to trust his and then the pats game he injured it again and took longer to mentally trust it again. Same with Gallup..

Dowdle can carry a ball around for the rest of preseason, everyone he comes across needs to try to knock the ball out of his hands. If he can stay healthy and quit fumbling he could be it. Before his injury he was one of my pet cats. Watching him play I thought he could unseat Pollard and maybe take over for Elliot when he was gone. If Dowdle was not injured then we would not be paying Pollard that 10 million and hoping he comes back the same. Something about the way he runs. Not sure if he is a Troy Hambrick or a starter.
Not sure why you are worried about Pollard. It was not a significant injury. Not like he blew his ligaments in his knee or even in his ankle. It was a sprain and a small fracture of the bone. Not a clean break like Dak.

Pollard should be fine if they dont over use him. Should have taken another back in the 4th and we would have a deep young stable of backs for the next 3 or 4 years. We shouldnt be relying on guys like Dowdle and Davis to have make a big impact. If Pollard goes down, it will be concerning. But I have a feeling its going to be hard to keep Deuce off the field. We will be wanting to see more of him.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Problem for you is I am right. My agenda is over. Its been proven 100% accurate. Zeke was not top 5 or even top 20 RB, Pollard is the better back and should have been the lead.

When given close to equal carries, Pollard made the pro bowl, Zeke got cut and nobody was interested in him until someone came along dumb enough to sigh him.

Maybe he can be good for leadership as long as they don't try to give him a big role.

Zeke was a wasted pick from Day 1. Despite his few good years, its a position you dont take top 10. Resigning him was stupid.

All 100% accurate and proven 100% on the money.

Not my problem if you cant handle the truth or if you dont like the fact that all my biatching and moaning turned out to be correct.

Ill wait patiently for him to get his first TD so you can desperately and laughably try to rub it in. :muttley:

Bye Zeke, good riddance. You can foul up someone else's offense now.

And NO I will NEVER let you types live it down.
Did Zeke do something to someone you love? Your ridiculous rants are unnerving.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You know, I don't pay close enough attention to you to make a list of things you've been wrong about, but anyone who has read your Zeke rants over the years knows you have been. But if thinking you've been "creepy spot on" about it makes you sleep better at night ...

I don't prefer to devote my energy to proving point by point where you've been wrong. Neither do you, as you've merely thrown out some broad accusations that in no way define the positions I have taken on Elliott.

I was supposed to have quit this back-and-forth several posts ago, but you keep luring me back in. That's my fault.
Most have said the same; his so-called opinion is not earth shattering. Others just don't rant, stick out their tongues, and scream, "I told you!"

plasticman

Reaction score
Belichick is a disciple of Bill Parcells and they are both excellent at determining what players do best and then using them in that role.

Parcells knew exactly how to use Marion Barber in the role of a 4th quarter finisher and in the redzone. . He was great at coming in when the opponent defense was already fatigued and took advantage of it.

Jerry didn't recognize that Barbers style of play limited him to a certain number of plays in certain situations. He overused him and destroyed Barber's effectiveness.

Using Pollard as the main RB without a legitimate 2nd back is a huge gamble over a 17 game season. Backing him up with a couple of practice squad level free agents and an undersized 6th round rookie is a risk that could destroy the entire season.

I think Pollard is great but how many carries can yuou give him over a long season? Last season the Cowboys ran the ball 531 times or 31 times a game. Twenty carries a game for Pollard is 340 carries for the season and that still leaves around ten carries a game for someone else.

When you combine this with the concerns over Tyron Smith's health and the repercussions of a long term injury you have to come to the conclusion that Jerry Jones is counting on an incredible amount of luck.

As for any comparisons to the level of success between the Cowboys backs and Zeke Elliot, when you consider the coaching and Zeke's fellow RB's for the Patriots, any prediction that Deuce or any other Cowboys backup RB will be superior to him is speculation based purely on imaginative fantasy.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have to think that he’s this team’s best option after Pollard. He brings skills to the table that the other running backs just can’t.
Deuce looks like a very natural receiver to me, and I'd expect his quickness and low center of gravity will get him open *by a lot* fairly often.
He looks like a balanced run/pass threat, and that's what gives a defense problems.

T-RO

Reaction score
if you look at the first halves of the last two seasons he started out averaging 4.9 yards per carry for the first 8 to 9 games,

Zeke averaged 4.04 yards per carry in his first 9 games in 2022.
In that same stretch...Pollard averaged 6.07

So much make-it-up stuff from you Zeke fan boys. Or should we call it BS... lies?

(If you want the details...just ask. I've got the database of every single play. Get embarrassing crap off this forum. I'll fact-slap you silly.)

Last edited:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Since Zeke no longer plays for Dallas I certainly hope Deuce has a better season.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Deuce wont block , but he might have better yards per carry then zeke.

Poor zeke is washed up .

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Im team deuce all the way, but i get nervous if they use him to block LBs and CBs , not to mention if a DL smashes Deuce landing over him in the ground .

we need him healthy .

we need to play him intelligently . its not all about ' macho ' 5'5 vs. 6'7'

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not sure why you are worried about Pollard. It was not a significant injury. Not like he blew his ligaments in his knee or even in his ankle. It was a sprain and a small fracture of the bone. Not a clean break like Dak.

Pollard should be fine if they dont over use him. Should have taken another back in the 4th and we would have a deep young stable of backs for the next 3 or 4 years. We shouldnt be relying on guys like Dowdle and Davis to have make a big impact. If Pollard goes down, it will be concerning. But I have a feeling its going to be hard to keep Deuce off the field. We will be wanting to see more of him.
If Deuce plays like he splashed last week we will need him on the field. I worry more so about the O-Line. If they give Pollard a small opening he is in the second level. Deuce disappears and then pops up. Call him houdini. Lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And how thankful are we that he is no longer ruining our run game and bogging down our offense?
Most normal functioning adults couldn't care less, he's not on the roster! You got your wish, stop sobbing.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

So much make-it-up stuff from you Zeke fan boys. Or should we call it BS... lies?

(If you want the details...just ask. I've got the database of every single play. Get embarrassing crap off this forum. I'll fact-slap you silly.)
Awesome point! Now fairly compare attempts. That's the fun thing about ONLY using averages as a narrative.
Also, how long is the season? Why not the entire year?

blueblood70

Reaction score

I'm talking about if you take his 16 games to start both 20/21 and 20/22 it was 4.9 yards per carry... I don't remember the game he got hit on his knee or what game the year before where he got the PCL torn but that's when his YPC went down..

But can you stop the comparisons to Pollard they ran a completely different set of plays Kellen Moore's gone because of the way he used the run game and the way it was so vanilla with zeke and anytime they wanted short yardage they ran the same three plays over and over and over.. of course you're big he's going to have a smaller yards per c....why we're having these heated debates..​

you are trying to compare yards per carry for a change of pace backs who are used outside in space to stretch a d after players like Henry, ES22, and Zeke bang on the defense inside.. show me all the six yards per carry production it had or any of the big power backs? I can show you a year-by-year comp of players like ES22 and other power backs and they are in line with what we got from Zeke. nearly identicle YPC

this would be like comparing Troys sad little numbers he had over his career vs a QB in wide open pass happy offense. It night and day TP and Zeke have different roles and different skillsets..

you want to go towards the end of the year? you want me to shame tony pollard? his last five games of the year 51 yards per game,3.8 YOC, no tds ,no explosive pays and hurt twice LMAO

he also had 5 games under 3 YOC 2 against Washington under 2 YPC and game 1 when 21 was on first at 5.2 YPC ,TP was nowhere to be found under 2 again..funny how fans forget those games and not ralize a few big runs made that YPC go up and see that at times all backs struggle in bad situations.

good try though..

Status
Not open for further replies.