Vaughn Will Have A Better Year Than Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotForLong

Reaction score
My point is that our offensive struggles last season had more to do with Kellen Moore and a lack of receivers than Dak in my humble opinion... Dak has delivered big in the playoffs before but it's going to take great coaching and effort to rise from the ashes and beat the better teams... I think we could of beat San Fran had Pollard be there, and I also think the offensive calls were horrendous because you and I both know that Zeke was a no show and they should of had in Davis... bad coaching all around in terms of the offense.. Big Mike let Kellen the Beaver Moore fall on the sword..
Ok but if Prescott falls short this year, will you put the blame on him?

If you do that I would respect it

johneric8

Reaction score
Ok but if Prescott falls short this year, will you put the blame on him?

If you do that I would respect it
For sure man.. Prescott has his warts for sure, but I do believe that the team has failed along with Kellen not sticking with the run game, or having a more creative running attack mixed with screens.. He was just too green, he cost us more than I think some understand... Dak is a bit snakebit, but truth be told, our offense couldn't overcome san fran and much of that had to do with talent and coaching... Dak didn't rise up and win it himself but it's hard to do with CeeDee blanketed and a lack of talent in the WR room.. Dak will never be mahomes, but he can certainly be on par with guys like Stafford and Nick Foles whom have son SB's

NotForLong

Reaction score
For sure man.. Prescott has his warts for sure, but I do believe that the team has failed along with Kellen not sticking with the run game, or having a more creative running attack mixed with screens.. He was just too green, he cost us more than I think some understand... Dak is a bit snakebit, but truth be told, our offense couldn't overcome san fran and much of that had to do with talent and coaching... Dak didn't rise up and win it himself but it's hard to do with CeeDee blanketed and a lack of talent in the WR room.. Dak will never be mahomes, but he can certainly be on par with guys like Stafford and Nick Foles whom have son SB's
We will see. . . I hope you are right. I personally do not havr the point of view that you have. This year I will have hope he figures it out. But I will not hold my breathe

But this is it . . . The last year anyone other then Dak gets the Blame . All of the Fans that hold the same point of view that you do have to acknowledge this

Ever since 2k17 it has been someone elses fault for Dak's Failures . . . This year no more excuses

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zeke averaged 4.04 yards per carry in his first 9 games in 2022.
In that same stretch...Pollard averaged 6.07

So much make-it-up stuff from you Zeke fan boys. Or should we call it BS... lies?

(If you want the details...just ask. I've got the database of every single play. Get embarrassing crap off this forum. I'll fact-slap you silly.)
:clap:
:hammer:

Argument Ended/

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Zeke had 800 yards last season in a secondary role. I don’t think Deuce gets enough carries to outrush Zeke this year. This is Pollard’s tag year and likely his last. We are going to run his legs off barring injury.

strollinruss

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on that

I mean even on one leg splitting carries with Pollard, I mean you're trying to tell me that deuce is going to have 900 yards and 12 touchdowns???

I mean I expect zeke to get close to that splitting carries in New England but does it really matter that much why the hate for zeke the man has been one of the best players to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys and now everyone's been taking shots at him after he's gone.....:thumbdown:

I mean first you didn't want the guy here doing nothing but get on him as a hater and now that he's gone you can't keep his name out your mouth, so here's what I think he owns space in your head rent free:omg:

you all who keep mentioning his name all the time trying to put the man down with no respect whatsoever, says that you ain't on his mind and yet he is in your mind... :facepalm: :muttley:
I don’t think it’s hate for him as much as the contract he had. It was a bad deal for us

Cmac

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on that

I mean even on one leg splitting carries with Pollard, I mean you're trying to tell me that deuce is going to have 900 yards and 12 touchdowns???

I mean I expect zeke to get close to that splitting carries in New England but does it really matter that much why the hate for zeke the man has been one of the best players to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys and now everyone's been taking shots at him after he's gone.....:thumbdown:

I mean first you didn't want the guy here doing nothing but get on him as a hater and now that he's gone you can't keep his name out your mouth, so here's what I think he owns space in your head rent free:omg:

you all who keep mentioning his name all the time trying to put the man down with no respect whatsoever, says that you ain't on his mind and yet he is in your mind... :facepalm: :muttley:
Zeke might be a 2024 Fall Guy nominee for this board........unprecedented for not being on the roster. Unprecedented.

T-RO

Reaction score
Zeke might be Fall Guy nominee for this board......
Moore is the leader in that category. For that, the regret will run as volcanic river. 7 Days and nights of fasting and mourning to amend...yet with no relief.

A bonfire is coming. Here. Soon.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s hate for him as much as the contract he had. It was a bad deal for us
there's really no difference here, once a player gets a new deal they're twice the target, somehow, they're expecting them to better or much better once getting paid.. and don't know how to discern the teams changed around them , you know like changing offensive coordinators, having throwaway seasons like 2020 , lots of changes along the offensive line and injuries.. It's kinda hard to live up to your own expectations you set, I believe 2016 zeke, top three rookie production ever by an NFL running back, his first three years even give him the 4th year was one of the best backs in the NFL if not the top back in the NFL.. If you go all the way back to the back-to-back 1800 yards in college to the 1600 yards as a rookie. It's kinda hard to be better than that there was gonna be some drop off..

I get it it was time to move on but the hate is ridiculous this man is one of the best running backs to ever play with the star in his helmet and all he gets is blowback and hate.... People have the nerve to say this man speculated that he was fat and had a shape and never worked hard and that had a issue with substance abuse with absolutely no proof whatsoever.... What 23 year old man is caught out on the town with girls and at concerts drinking a little too much Oh my God throw him in jail... In my opinion he never was fat or out of shape that was a bunch of crap narrative running rampant and really there was a lot of real issues with the team and with injuries and with the coaching philosophies having a passing game coordinator as a OC...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke might be a 2024 Fall Guy nominee for this board........unprecedented for not being on the roster. Unprecedented.
Right the poor guy gets cut and still becomes a target daily...

I mean the guy can't get a break he was one of the best players to play for the Dallas Cowboys third all time running back for the Dallas Cowboys and his number still stand up right now for his own generation he's a top three back..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke averaged 4.04 yards per carry in his first 9 games in 2022.
In that same stretch...Pollard averaged 6.07

So much make-it-up stuff from you Zeke fan boys. Or should we call it BS... lies?

(If you want the details...just ask. I've got the database of every single play. Get embarrassing crap off this forum. I'll fact-slap you silly.)
So let's take a journey through time and revisit our 2nd RB numbers.

Mostly obscene huh? Often in the 6+ range. As well they all should. (That is the primary role of #2...along with spelling the #1, they come in fresh and run "surprise" plays. Change of pace plays what have you. )

Until they assume #1...then implode. We can get into names and numbers if we have to...but you sound like you should know them already.

Now....I am not saying Tony is one of those....in fact I would pose the opposite. However....another fact is we don't know how Tony is gonna handle lead back role and get game planned by opposition. Add to that coming off busted wheel. We will have to see how it plays out.

T-RO

Reaction score
So let's take a journey through time and revisit our 2nd RB numbers.
Of course we gotta exclude low activity backs with small sample sizes. If you wanna serve up backup Cowboys running backs with minimum 100 carries...and make a point...

Microphone is yours. I'm all ears.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course we gotta exclude low activity backs with small sample sizes. If you wanna serve up backup Cowboys running backs with minimum 100 carries...and make a point...

I can add to your argument also that Tony Pollard was never a blue chip three down back who can block well so this is a different situation than we've been involved in in the history of the Cowboys as far back as I can remember we are gonna truly use a running back by committee and we're gonna carry three to four backs and we're gonna game plan which ones to activate and use more and Tony Pollard is gonna be the lead back but he is not gonna be leaned on more than last year if not I say they need to use him a little less and save him for the playoffs the running back by committee has never truly been done here the way the new NFL has set up we have the right players now to do that and yes Steve the Cowboys overreacting I mean we were all Ezekiel Elliott fans and he was one of the best Cowboys one of my favorite players but we are going in a totally different direction so all those times with Emmett Smith and zeke Elliott DeMarco Murray the backups didn't do much because they never were much they were supposed to be more of the role to where they can do the same things as the starter but never could...

And this is a new situation we're truly gonna design the offense as a running back by committee at least that's what I hope and that's what I'm hearing and we have the perfect players to do so so it will be different..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh....i think i made my point well enough. Including saying tonys situation isnt 100% akin to say...underwear thief. (Obviously).

Even if i had a perfect point, nobody here changes their mind....ever. So..next topic!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can add to your argument also that Tony Pollard was never a blue chip three down back who can block well so this is a different situation than we've been involved in in the history of the Cowboys as far back as I can remember we are gonna truly use a running back by committee and we're gonna carry three to four backs and we're gonna game plan which ones to activate and use more and Tony Pollard is gonna be the lead back but he is not gonna be leaned on more than last year if not I say they need to use him a little less and save him for the playoffs the running back by committee has never truly been done here the way the new NFL has set up we have the right players now to do that and yes Steve the Cowboys overreacting I mean we were all Ezekiel Elliott fans and he was one of the best Cowboys one of my favorite players but we are going in a totally different direction so all those times with Emmett Smith and zeke Elliott DeMarco Murray the backups didn't do much because they never were much they were supposed to be more of the role to where they can do the same things as the starter but never could...

And this is a new situation we're truly gonna design the offense as a running back by committee at least that's what I hope and that's what I'm hearing and we have the perfect players to do so so it will be different..
Agree on all counts. Im hoping for a big change in our offense mentality and management. We need to let it play out, instead if bullying people about it.
Too many changes to truly "know".

blueblood70

Reaction score
Agree on all counts. Im hoping for a big change in our offense mentality and management. We need to let it play out, instead if bullying people about it.
Too many changes to truly "know".
I'll give you that we don't know what Mike McCarthy 's plans are but if they're smart they will not overuse Tony Pollard maybe use them a little less until the playoffs use three to four backs throughout the season and then turn around and use less of them in the playoffs and then you can start putting a load on these guys in the bigger games.. This league is a battle of attrition and we gotta try to get to the playoffs with a stronger run game and a healthier offensive line that's the only way we're gonna succeed against the better defensive lines in the front sevens that is our Achilles heel not all the other stuff we keep arguing about it literally on offense we have not brought a strong run game in the last three playoff losses and the offensive line didn't look good with all the penalties and the no run game the blocking wasn't great I mean it's not like we're God awful but we do not have a strong enough run game to balance this offense out in those games that we're losing..

T-RO

Reaction score
Oh....i think i made my point well enough.
I have zero idea what point you were trying to make, and thus asked you to clarify.

If leaving the point to die is good enough for you...it's good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.