Vaughn Will Have A Better Year Than Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know I sound like I'm not rolling here, but I've watched enough footage of Deuce in college as well as NFL practice and preseason to know what my eyes are telling me here.. The guy is definitely special and has some very uncanny moves much like Barry Sanders.. With his size and elusivness and toughness I think he is going to be incredibly dangerous... If Texas Coast delivers like I believe it will, Deuce may be a huge reason why our Boys could finally make the big dance... I think we can all see this team is trending up and it ain't going to be Prescott that holds us back.
Nailed it. He really looks
Like a mini sanders. If he can hold up he will give fits with pollard.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
They both excell in the others weakness. I know Zeke can be an every down back, but I doubt Vaughn can be this year. I would have zero problems running Zeke at the 1 yard line down by 4 points with 2 seconds to go. But I think Vaughn will be greatly effective catching a quick pass and then making a guy miss for some extra yak. IMHO people shouldn't compare them directly because they aren't used the same. Vaughn will look more explosive to no ones surprise but Zeks should have more TD's and short yardage opportunities also to no ones surprise.
Zeke cannot be a lead back. Hes not good enough.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lol…..low bar
Last year, 29 running backs averaged more than 4 yards per carry, so not even one per team. All but six of those averaged between 4.1 and 4.9. (Two others, Alvin Kamara and David Montgomery, averaged right at 4.0.) It's still a good number for a back, especially one who has a lot of carries in short-yardage or goal-line situations.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Last year, 29 running backs averaged more than 4 yards per carry, so not even one per team. All but six of those averaged between 4.1 and 4.9. It's still a good number for a back, especially one who has a lot of carries in short-yardage or goal-line situations.
just stop already defending the indefensible.

Zeke doesnt make plays. End of story. Play makers rule this league.

4.9 great. 4.1 or 4.2 is not.

gimmesix

Reaction score
just stop already defending the indefensible.

Zeke doesnt make plays. End of story. Play makers rule this league.

4.9 great. 4.1 or 4.2 is not.
Who said 4.1 or 4.2 is great? You've really got to get some help for your Zeke issue. I'd suggest some therapy.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
If anyone bets you, you automatically lose.
You did not define what a "better year" is.
So if Zeke make more money than Vaughn one can consider that a better year for Zeke. Therefore you lose.
Now what do I win?
LOL just giving ya a hard time.
But seriously what did I win?

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Who said 4.1 or 4.2 is great? You've really got to get some help for your Zeke issue. I'd suggest some therapy.
I was just getting ready to say that , Simple math

4.1 x 25 = 102
102 x 17 = 1745

There is no help for the Brother ! Zeke derangement Syndrome has him

GrouchySmurf

Reaction score
Than Zeke, ya huurd meh? I'm taking bets playbois!!!
giphy.webp

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I can respect your opinion because at the end of the day that is what we all have, but what I'm saying is that I see a very unique skillset from Deuce that my gut tells me is going to be a lethal weapon for us.. I seriously haven't seen cuts like that in a long time, and if we're playing the dump off quick pass game and he gets it in space he will make teams pay dearly.. I also see that he has a forbodding tenacity because of his little man syndrome and his size and his lower body has serious strength to power him through his cuts.. I've watched a ton of football and if his skills translate well to the NFL and he continues to get better he might be what helps take us over the top and open up our offense because of his speed and elusiveness.. Imagine him and Pollard on the field together for second.. He will easily be able to squeek into the flat and make tons of yardage quickly.. All I'm saying is I see skills that I haven't seen in a long long time..
“lethal weapon”, “foreboding tenacity”…did you get that from Jim Brown’s scouting report coming out of Syracuse?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Your takes on the running backs are ridiculous. You need to listen and watch and not talk so much.
1. Pollard
2. Deuce
3. Rico
That's the way it is right now. If they stay healthy that is what it looks like it's going to be.
:hammer: :hammer:

TheCritic

Reaction score
Than Zeke, ya huurd meh? I'm taking bets playbois!!!
Actually, I heard it from a very special person on this forum that Deuce Vaughn is likely to end up on the practice squad. So in deference to this brilliant CZ member, you might want to tap the brakes on your prediction.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I was just getting ready to say that , Simple math

4.1 x 25 = 102
102 x 17 = 1745

There is no help for the Brother ! Zeke derangement Syndrome has him
Well, I wouldn't count on him getting 25 carries a game. If the Patriots are smart, they will limit him to 10 or 12 at this point in his career, so we're talking more like 41 to 50 yards per game. So maybe around 700 or so for the year. Which is not bad in a limited role. You never know, he could have a resurgent year. I just think his body is starting to break down as seasons progress. The last two years for us, he started strong and then faded after getting lower-body injuries.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Dallas has never be been able to use gadget players effectively.. Jet sweep is the whole repertoire... Nothing against Duece..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's not even on the team anymore and his haters are still getting off to him lol

Zeke isn’t what it was, but I’m going to bookmark this thread. I’m glad we’re allowed to post links to old threads, because this could be interesting at the end of the year. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.